Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State asking for NCAA Waiver
Bookmark and Share
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
App State asking for NCAA Waiver
Looks like the Mountaineers are joining Georgia Southern in the waiver request line. Glad to see our administration at least try and do something to help reward our players, especially the Seniors, for their turnaround and a winning season, should we win on Saturday

Tommy Bowman ‏@AppTrailWSJ 3m3 minutes ago
App State is asking the NCAA to waive post-season ineligibility, mandatory during FBS transition, in order to pursue a bowl bid for 2014.

Tommy Bowman ‏@AppTrailWSJ 2m2 minutes ago
Details forthcoming... It will be up to the NCAA to consider a waiver and allow the Mountaineers bowl eligibility this season.
11-25-2014 06:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GSEagles
RE: App State asking for NCAA Waiver
(11-25-2014 06:52 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  Looks like the Mountaineers are joining Georgia Southern in the waiver request line. Glad to see our administration at least try and do something to help reward our players, especially the Seniors, for their turnaround and a winning season, should we win on Saturday

App State is asking the NCAA to waive post-season ineligibility, mandatory during FBS transition, in order to pursue a bowl bid for 2014.

Details forthcoming... It will be up to the NCAA to consider a waiver and allow the Mountaineers bowl eligibility this season.

Que up the "rule experts".
11-25-2014 06:55 PM
gsu_paintballer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
Welcome to the sad club.
11-25-2014 06:55 PM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2014 06:55 PM)gsu_paintballer Wrote:  Welcome to the sad club.

yeah, i know. it doesn't hurt to ask

say the NCAA does waive for both schools. I would think the name recognition of the 2 schools could help securing at-large bowl bids over lesser known 6-6 teams
11-25-2014 06:58 PM
AppinVA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Couldn't hurt, but if we don't get it, we knew the rules.
11-25-2014 06:59 PM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(11-25-2014 06:52 PM)AppMtneer08 Wrote:  Looks like the Mountaineers are joining Georgia Southern in the waiver request line. Glad to see our administration at least try and do something to help reward our players, especially the Seniors, for their turnaround and a winning season, should we win on Saturday

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
11-25-2014 06:59 PM
Advertisement

GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

At least the administrations of App and GS have shown they are willing to try to get to a bowl this year. It isn't going to happen but both teams would certainly deserve to go.
11-25-2014 07:00 PM
EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2014 06:59 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  

Smart. They let GS take all the flack first. I wonder it they signed "the petition" 03-lmfao
11-25-2014 07:01 PM
AppMtneer08 Offline
2nd String

I imagine, had our season looked like bowl eligibility sooner than it did, we would've beat you to the punch 03-nutkick

unfortunately, it took until now for us to be able to act
11-25-2014 07:02 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

This year shows the problem the Belt will have going forward. If GS and App. could go to a bowl there would be 6 Sun Belt eligible teams for 4 bowls (at least next year there will be 4 guaranteed bowls). I wish the Belt could get 1 more spot. 5 spots most years probably would be about right.
11-25-2014 07:18 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
I hope you both get the waiver and become eligible.

Z
11-25-2014 07:24 PM
Advertisement

EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2014 07:24 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  I hope you both get the waiver and become eligible.

Z

Thanks Z 04-cheers
11-25-2014 07:35 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

Like when you guys rode our coat tails to the FBS?05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 08:06 PM by DrGonzo.)
11-25-2014 08:05 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-25-2014 07:24 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  I hope you both get the waiver and become eligible.

Z

I'm not. Go Daddy would seize the opportunity to take GS and then there is zero chance a Texas State goes to a bowl.
11-25-2014 08:07 PM
EaglesDare Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2014 08:07 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Z

I'm not. Go Daddy would seize the opportunity to take GS and then there is zero chance a Texas State goes to a bowl.

05-mafia
11-25-2014 08:14 PM
Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
Now, now, now... don't you know you have to pay your dues? That Benson won't help you? That you knew the game before you signed up? In other words, all the BS thrown at GS over the petition....
11-25-2014 08:28 PM
Advertisement

Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
According to the Statesboro Herald GS has also filed a wavier request to have the transition rule lifted for this year because we are at a minimum conference co-champs: http://gsueaglenation.com/georgia-southe...wl-waiver/
11-25-2014 08:30 PM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

(11-25-2014 08:05 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

Funny, I remember our press conference happening first.
11-25-2014 08:33 PM
DrGonzo Offline
1st String

(11-25-2014 08:33 PM)sidslidkid Wrote:  
(11-25-2014 08:05 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  

Funny, I remember our press conference happening first.

It was a linear flight schedule. We were the primary target and everyone knows it. 07-coffee3
11-25-2014 08:44 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-25-2014 08:28 PM)Scrotumus Wrote:  Now, now, now... don't you know you have to pay your dues? That Benson won't help you? That you knew the game before you signed up? In other words, all the BS thrown at GS over the petition....

Its not about dues, but if you guys are declared eligible, someone else isn't going to a bowl. Can you imagine being a fan of that team who had their bowl invite taken away because the NCAA waived a rule that has been in effect every single year?

If you are replacing Western Kentucky, great. If you are replacing a Sun Belt School, I cant support it.
11-25-2014 08:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.