Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Now that we have a competent AD and Staff.......Can we Please???????!!!
Bookmark and Share
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis

Reverse the Home Side in Liberty Bowl and place the Home season ticket holders on the east side.

It looks terrible on TV because the cameras are facing the sparse section of the stadium.

I have never understood this. RC was too lazy to worry about it but it's crucial.

It's such a great recruiting tool to see the fans. The way we are set up now you never see OUR team or our core fans for home games.

We have 2 options:

Force the TV people to set up their cams on the east side filming to the west
OR
Move the team and the Home Side to the east side of the stadium

I really hope the smart people we now have in the AD dept also see this as a problem and correct it.
11-23-2014 01:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Now that we have a competent AD and Staff.......Can we Please???????!!!
(11-23-2014 01:16 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  ......

Reverse the Home Side in Liberty Bowl and place the Home season ticket holders on the east side.

It looks terrible on TV because the cameras are facing the sparse section of the stadium.

I have never understood this. RC was too lazy to worry about it but it's crucial.

It's such a great recruiting tool to see the fans. The way we are set up now you never see OUR team or our core fans for home games.

We have 2 options:

OR

I really hope the smart people we now have in the AD dept also see this as a problem and correct it.

I have had the same thoughts for a long time. Why is it that TV always sets up on the west side? I know that the portals have good positions for cameras, I guess that is it. But why cant's the TV people go to the east side? It should be easy to set up some area for cameras.
11-23-2014 01:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-23-2014 01:22 AM)tigerlands Wrote:  

We have 2 options:

OR

I have had the same thoughts for a long time. Why is it that TV always sets up on the west side? I know that the portals have good positions for cameras, I guess that is it. But why cant's the TV people go to the east side? It should be easy to set up some area for cameras.

2 reasons not to do this.

1) When it's the worst (August 25-Sept 15) the home crowd wants to be in the shade. I know I do.

2) The cameras, as well, do not want to "film" into the sun.

I would agree we need to move the home side to the East, but ONLY if we could have night games until the sun is a help (cool weather) instead of a hindrance (hot weather).
11-23-2014 01:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
Change the bleachers to seatbacks and make the LB about 48,000.
11-23-2014 01:37 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(11-23-2014 01:37 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Change the bleachers to seatbacks and make the LB about 48,000.

Might as well make it 50,000 if you're gonna do that. Sounds better.
11-23-2014 01:41 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(11-23-2014 01:37 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Change the bleachers to seatbacks and make the LB about 48,000.

That won't work, been tried and I think TigerJeb had the structural reasons it can't be done.
11-23-2014 01:41 AM
justballen Offline
Banned

All of that would mean reversing the logo & #'s on the field. That's way to much trouble...
11-23-2014 02:37 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
If JF stays around a few more years we will be cracking 60k early in the season and in big games.

It clearly got better this year after a 3-9 finish. Imagine the increase after a 9 or 10 win season and a conference title to advertize all next summer.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 11:59 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
11-23-2014 03:58 AM
tigerjaws Offline
1st String

I Root For: tigers
The best idea for the stadium is to give it and surrounding area to the university
11-23-2014 04:06 AM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(11-23-2014 01:41 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

That won't work, been tried and I think TigerJeb had the structural reasons it can't be done.

Huh? Can't change the type of seat?

That makes no sense.
11-23-2014 09:36 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(11-23-2014 01:30 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

We have 2 options:

OR

1) When it's the worst (August 25-Sept 15) the home crowd wants to be in the shade. I know I do.

I would agree we need to move the home side to the East, but ONLY if we could have night games until the sun is a help (cool weather) instead of a hindrance (hot weather).

This is the exact reason why. Still, it is frustrating to have people who aren't attending the game admonish the rest of the fanbase because the crowd looked sparse on TV.

We need to improve attendence but I also wish we could figure out some way to look better on TV - a majority of the crowd is always on the home side which is not shown.
11-23-2014 10:14 AM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
(11-23-2014 09:36 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

That makes no sense.

Chair back seating takes up more room. They are deeper and will cut into the leg room of the row behind. There are people who spend a lot of $$ going to school to get educated in these matters. It has been studied...and the results have been published.
11-23-2014 10:24 AM
hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(11-23-2014 01:30 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

We have 2 options:

OR

I was thinking of these exact reasons, as well.
HOWEVER, here is an idea. While it adds a little complexity, it MIGHT be worth it.

Since the Liberty Bowl is so symmetrical, could you not reverse the seating after mid-Sept? For games thru mid Sept, have the current setup, where the "hometown" side is on the west, then shift all tickets to the opposite side of the stadium. Your season ticket package would actually have different seats for the games after mid-Sept. That way, the majority of the fans would be in the shade during the hot part of the season and the sun during the cooler part of the season.

In addition, you would have a larger portion of thte fans on the side opposite the cameras during the part of the season when our attendance tends to fade.

You could even charge a bit of a premium for the "weather-preferred" seating plan (west then east).

Maybe even shift the teams themselves, along with the seating.

There are certainly some logistical hurdles to overcome, but I think it's worth looking into.

On another matter, tarp the sections above the 2nd portals of each side of the stadium. Voila, you have a 40-45k stadium that we all say that we need. This reduces the supply of seating and makes the remaining seats more valuable. You could still remove the tarps for games against Ole Miss or Tenn, when you expect to have large numbers od visiting fans and a need for 60K seats.
11-23-2014 11:32 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-23-2014 03:58 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  If JP stays around a few more years we will be cracking 60k early in the season and in big games.

I doubt that the decline of one sport helps the other. There is no reason we cannot have success in BOTH sports. Surely, that's what most Memphis fans, with the notable exception of certain SEC-loving basketball-onlys in this forum, want.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 02:53 PM by Gray Avenger.)
11-23-2014 11:40 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-23-2014 10:14 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  We need to improve attendence but I also wish we could figure out some way to look better on TV - a majority of the crowd is always on the home side which is not shown.

I would like for the band and student section to exchange places. Where the band currently sits, our fans on the visitor's side can't hear them, plus their music makes it hard for our coaches and players to hear along our sideline, without bothering the opposing team (opposite of the desired effect). I notice that the Ole Miss band now sits high in the endzone.
11-23-2014 11:46 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

Would not be a good idea. As one poster stated, sitting on the east side in late-August through most of September is like sitting in a combination oven/tanning bed during afternoon games. I came up for the Duke game last year and had a seat on the east side - I literally soaked my entire shirt with sweat and eventually moved to some empty seats high up on the west side. Even if it isn't hot, the glare is really bad on the east side in the afternoon, as well. Of course, at night, it doesn't make any difference. I try to come back for at least one game every year and, after my first time on the east side during the Duke steam bath, I assure you that you do not want to make this change.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 11:58 AM by presskh.)
11-23-2014 11:58 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-23-2014 11:40 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 03:58 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  If JP stays around a few more years we will be cracking 60k early in the season and in big games.

I doubt that the decline of one sport helps the other. There is no reason we can have success in BOTH sports. Surely, that's what most Memphis fans, with the notable exception of certain SEC-loving basketball-onlys in this forum, want.

lol

I actually meant JF. My bad.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014 11:59 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
11-23-2014 11:58 AM
Advertisement

uofmbrad Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers/Miss St.
I prefer just eliminating the "home vs visitor" label. Fill 'em both up with blue.
11-23-2014 01:33 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(11-23-2014 10:24 AM)mapdude Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 09:36 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

That makes no sense.

Chair back seating takes up more room. They are deeper and will cut into the leg room of the row behind. There are people who spend a lot of $$ going to school to get educated in these matters. It has been studied...and the results have been published.

Plus obesity
11-23-2014 02:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.