Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Good win, Cards
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
Good win, Cards
Well deserved. Good luck against UK and in the bowl game.
11-22-2014 07:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dbacard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
RE: Good win, Cards
Thanks, I really expected overtime and was not very confident after our kicker missed that FG. Beat USC.
11-22-2014 07:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
Notre Dame: 2-2 versus the ACC in 2014.
11-22-2014 07:24 PM
EvilVodka Offline
stuff

I Root For: FSU LSU
(11-22-2014 07:24 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Notre Dame: 2-2 versus the ACC in 2014.

The Irish are safe being independent....flexibility to schedule the academies and Big 10 teams
11-22-2014 07:28 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

(11-22-2014 07:15 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Well deserved. Good luck against UK and in the bowl game.

+3 Thanks Terry. The game was about as close as it can get. 04-cheers
11-22-2014 07:40 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(11-22-2014 07:15 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Well deserved. Good luck against UK and in the bowl game.

Thanks Terry and Good Luck against Southern Cal and your Bowl as well....04-cheers
11-22-2014 07:57 PM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Thanks Terry. ND is a Class Act. No one won until the clock ran out. Great Atmosphere.
11-22-2014 08:10 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
Thanks Terry. Beat USC and good luck in bowl season. I'm hearing only great things from a few I know who made their first trip to South Bend today on the whole gameday experience. Hope to make it up there the next time UofL visits.
11-22-2014 08:11 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
hey TerryD ...
fun is good ...
even if you're awful at it ...

A LIFE WORTH LIVING
11-22-2014 08:19 PM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

(11-22-2014 07:28 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  
(11-22-2014 07:24 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Notre Dame: 2-2 versus the ACC in 2014.

The Irish are safe being independent....flexibility to schedule the academies and Big 10 teams

Nice. ND plays one service academy.

Four ACC teams.

Three Pac 12 teams

Three Big Ten teams.

Does "talking smack" with totally incorrect facts make one a total *******?
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2014 10:13 PM by TerryD.)
11-22-2014 09:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

(11-22-2014 08:19 PM)green Wrote:  hey TerryD ...
fun is good ...
even if you're awful at it ...

A LIFE WORTH LIVING

Someday one of your posts will make sense.

But today is not that day.

Cards fans are great. I enjoy ND playing Louisville in basketball, baseball and now football.

But I am wondering why Miami fans run their mouths about anything?
11-22-2014 09:28 PM
Advertisement

Gopper Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cards
tbh after the 5ot loss, was expecting the luck of the irish to prevail once again
11-22-2014 09:44 PM
7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

Just add ND to the coastal and call it a day I think this would even things out a little more.
11-22-2014 11:40 PM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

(11-22-2014 11:40 PM)7thHeaven Wrote:  Just add ND to the coastal and call it a day I think this would even things out a little more.

No thanks.
11-23-2014 08:05 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

Notre Dame joining a conference as a full member is most likely going to happen, but WHEN is the question no one has an answer to. They have plenty of options, and as of right now no one is pushing one way or the other on expansion. So my guess at the earliest would probably be around 2025 give or take a few years, but never say never for this crazy ass world we live in today is capable of things that is just to difficult to explain one way or the other. Go Cards!!!
11-23-2014 11:13 AM
RedGrad Offline
Bench Warmer

I traveled up to ND for this one with 3 other UofL grads. I have to say I found a whole new level of respect for Notre Dame having done so. Notre Dame people were nothing if not gracious. Countless ND fans asked us what we thought of the stadium, environment and if we were having a good time. Why? Because they love their school first before winning. They love it so much they care if you do too. They're not into stupid prideful **** like putting people down. Trust me, so much history, class and excellence there they don't need to. Great place. Honor to play em there. Honestly. Glad we won but hated it for them. He'll they even played the Louisville fight song at the end of the game. God Bless ND. Look out for em next year. The whole teams back. Go Irish!
11-23-2014 04:55 PM
Advertisement

7thHeaven Offline
Bench Warmer

If and when ND is left out of a playoff situation, then and only then will they consider joining as full members.
11-23-2014 10:25 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(11-23-2014 10:25 PM)7thHeaven Wrote:  If and when ND is left out of a playoff situation, then and only then will they consider joining as full members.

Never say never but I kimd of doubt it...people been trying to get ND into a Conference for almost 40 years...JMO, as long as they have the NBC Deal or a Deal like that with another TV Network and they have a path to any Post Season Structure they will stay as is.
11-23-2014 10:27 PM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2014 04:55 PM)RedGrad Wrote:  I traveled up to ND for this one with 3 other UofL grads. I have to say I found a whole new level of respect for Notre Dame having done so. Notre Dame people were nothing if not gracious. Countless ND fans asked us what we thought of the stadium, environment and if we were having a good time. Why? Because they love their school first before winning. They love it so much they care if you do too. They're not into stupid prideful **** like putting people down. Trust me, so much history, class and excellence there they don't need to. Great place. Honor to play em there. Honestly. Glad we won but hated it for them. He'll they even played the Louisville fight song at the end of the game. God Bless ND. Look out for em next year. The whole teams back. Go Irish!

Many people over the years (not all, but many) from other schools who may not care too much for ND have gone to football games there and then came back with the same report that you just made.
11-24-2014 08:33 AM
TerryD Online
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2014 10:27 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 10:25 PM)7thHeaven Wrote:  If and when ND is left out of a playoff situation, then and only then will they consider joining as full members.

Never say never but I kimd of doubt it...people been trying to get ND into a Conference for almost 40 years...JMO, as long as they have the NBC Deal or a Deal like that with another TV Network and they have a path to any Post Season Structure they will stay as is.

Maize, that has obviously been my mantra on these boards for years now.

There was a lot of talk about "forcing" ND to join the Big East back in 2003 and afterwards with some ultimatum of sorts.

Back around 2008-09, people speculated that NBC might not renew its contract with ND and that this would "force" ND into a football conference.

Lots of people thought that the playoffs would be champions only back in 2010-11 and that this would "force" ND into a football conference.

People also thought that the Big Ten would devour the ACC in 2012 and that this would "force" ND into joining the Big Ten full time.

After all of that, ND football is still not playing in a conference. I know that "never say never", but I don't see anything on the horizon that will cause ND to put its football program in any conference.

For the life of me, I don't see why it is such a big deal to other people. Each school should be able to decide its own direction. If being an independent in football is such an "unfair" advantage or position for ND, other schools are free to try to do it, too.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014 10:02 AM by TerryD.)
11-24-2014 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.