Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Come on Memphis......CLUELESS!!!!
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
I watched Coach Pastner's postgame interview on gotigersgo and he said we had 20 TO's in the scrimmage against St. Louis, 21 against CBU, and then 24 against Wichita State. Sure, part of that could very well be him, but dang, when your players are doing that, it's going to make any coach look bad.

He was ticked and said we're going to do something different at point guard. Guess we'll see Monday night.
[/quote]

Whatever,whatever what-the-freak EVER!!! It should not; Would not; Does not take a capable coach this many opportunities to see that this setup was a disaster!!! The scrimmages in Canada; The scrimmage against STL ; The scrimmage against CBU as well as the practices that the team has had should have already revealed to Josh the limitations; the inconsistencies and deficiencies that you don't have to wait until you get on national TV to see....Exactly, he is giving the blueprint directly to us that he DOES NOT GET IT!!!!!

The better question is, Josh, why didn't you recognize this from the scrimmages? What did you institute that would alleviate the discrepancy in turnovers from Canada to STL to CBU...What aspects did you change then? If you didn't make changes, did you feel that merely asking the guards to take better care of the ball, the stats were just going to miraculously improve?

These attributes don't improve because you say "guy's, we gotta take better care of the ball!".....I am trying to warn everyone now! Josh is best suited as an assistant/recruiter...He is not cut-out to be a Head-coach, yet! Hell, he hasn't even gotten a technical! EVER! He's too nice...I'm sorry, but those that want to endure this agony, We can keep him on staff, still pay him the same that he's getting now....And hire Penny as the head....Damn sure don't need the money....They can work together and penny can teach the guards how to be guards...Bring in some of his buddies for some Bigman training and there you go!

Josh is clueless; He's looking for scapegoats/answers....He even said it himself in his own interview....there's going to be dramatic changes after the first game?????? When did you think the horrible play was going to change...He's thinking that the players attitude and confidence about the game is going to miraculously turn-on because it's regular season????? Come on Memphis! Wake-up......CLUELESS

I said this based on internet access and hearing the pressers that our guards are going to have to acclimate themselves into the game by being facilitators as apposed to playmakers....If we rely on the guards to be playmakers now! There is no other option but FAIL! Bring the ball up, and get it to the players that have advantages such as our stretch and small forwards and post Austin when he has a rhythm...Shaq should not get any post touches as he should be relegated to offensive rebounding and defensive positioning.
11-20-2014 10:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTiger90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Come on Memphis......CLUELESS!!!!
You're preaching to the choir. You'll have a few on here attack you and promise you all is well in PazzyLand. But we know better
11-20-2014 10:14 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
I think it is fair to say that he isn't adept at communicating a coherent message.
11-20-2014 10:21 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

Do we really need 27 threads about this?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 10:23 PM by MemphisFan95.)
11-20-2014 10:23 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-20-2014 10:09 PM)thagr82008 Wrote:  I watched Coach Pastner's postgame interview on gotigersgo and he said we had 20 TO's in the scrimmage against St. Louis, 21 against CBU, and then 24 against Wichita State. Sure, part of that could very well be him, but dang, when your players are doing that, it's going to make any coach look bad.

He was ticked and said we're going to do something different at point guard. Guess we'll see Monday night.
Quote:Whatever,whatever what-the-freak EVER!!! It should not; Would not; Does not take a capable coach this many opportunities to see that this setup was a disaster!!! The scrimmages in Canada; The scrimmage against STL ; The scrimmage against CBU as well as the practices that the team has had should have already revealed to Josh the limitations; the inconsistencies and deficiencies that you don't have to wait until you get on national TV to see....Exactly, he is giving the blueprint directly to us that he DOES NOT GET IT!!!!!

The better question is, Josh, why didn't you recognize this from the scrimmages? What did you institute that would alleviate the discrepancy in turnovers from Canada to STL to CBU...What aspects did you change then? If you didn't make changes, did you feel that merely asking the guards to take better care of the ball, the stats were just going to miraculously improve?

These attributes don't improve because you say "guy's, we gotta take better care of the ball!".....I am trying to warn everyone now! Josh is best suited as an assistant/recruiter...He is not cut-out to be a Head-coach, yet! Hell, he hasn't even gotten a technical! EVER! He's too nice...I'm sorry, but those that want to endure this agony, We can keep him on staff, still pay him the same that he's getting now....And hire Penny as the head....Damn sure don't need the money....They can work together and penny can teach the guards how to be guards...Bring in some of his buddies for some Bigman training and there you go!

Josh is clueless; He's looking for scapegoats/answers....He even said it himself in his own interview....there's going to be dramatic changes after the first game?????? When did you think the horrible play was going to change...He's thinking that the players attitude and confidence about the game is going to miraculously turn-on because it's regular season????? Come on Memphis! Wake-up......CLUELESS

I said this based on internet access and hearing the pressers that our guards are going to have to acclimate themselves into the game by being facilitators as apposed to playmakers....If we rely on the guards to be playmakers now! There is no other option but FAIL! Bring the ball up, and get it to the players that have advantages such as our stretch and small forwards and post Austin when he has a rhythm...Shaq should not get any post touches as he should be relegated to offensive rebounding and defensive positioning.

So Shaq doesn't get the ball and Neither Guard gets the ball...That leaves Nick and Austin.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 10:52 PM by macgar32.)
11-20-2014 10:34 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2014 10:14 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  You're preaching to the choir. You'll have a few on here attack you and promise you all is well in PazzyLand. But we know better

+ No need for an attack....Pastner has done an amazing job! He has worked diligently in the areas that he is an "ace in the hole on" And taken us as far as he can in the areas that obviously need improvement! We just need a little more to keep us where we need to be to get our University in a Power Conference....It's a very bad time for the staple for so long of our University to take major steps backwards now! We need our program to rise right now....Especially in front of the nation pundits!!! This is NOT personal @ all.....It's obvious Josh is loved an revered here! Hell, I've even gotten based for saying I love Josh for what he does and has done for the young men at our University......But his crescendo has peaked for right now! He needs to study under someone for 4 to 5 years to understand the nuances of talent evaluating; development and motivating the mentalities of the young men....

My proposal is to keep him here....pay him the same money to be the assistant under Penny....If he ops out in a year or two....Then we don't owe for the remainder of the deal....It's that freakn simple......We cannot take these drubbings right now....Coach Fu' has done wonders bringing us into National relevance from a football standpoint....Now, the foundation of our athletic program is becoming the joke of the league......Think WSU did us in...OMG Baylor; watch how we get handled in this game....OSU;Cincy; SMU;Houston;Gonzo and Uconn......were gonna get drubbed and KI is going to look even worse because Josh cannot develop these guys....We Need Help!!! quickly...

We saw last year how badly we could be beat by good teams......and we truly had the best core of guards in the country!!!! any coach would have loved to have our guard situation last year....What did he do with that???? So now. We have guards with potential....but if that potential is not developed! It's going to look and perform worse and that's whats happening here......

HELP WANTED.....Memphis Basketball SOS 911 MAYDAY MAYDAY
11-20-2014 10:35 PM
Advertisement

k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Lawsons.......Help is on the way
11-20-2014 10:37 PM
Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

Sigh
11-20-2014 10:38 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2014 10:23 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  Do we really need 27 threads about this?

These early season and late season blowouts are disgusting.....We can't afford this setback now, as The power 5 is trying to distance itself...and I hadn't heard anyone mention this angle....our BB team right now is showing that we can't compete with the top percentile and for a long time we Memphis fans new that was the extreme opposite...far from truth....this is a very critical time for Our University! And our brand of Basketball stinks at this very moment.....So yes, until it changes....we need as many threads as possible from those that give a DAMN.....Hope that answers your question.....Asa well as we have people discussing cancelling tix....

We got dominated on our own damn floor in the AAC tourney.....Factor in how mach revenue that cost the AAC that the host team was out in the second round....In a damn blowout....The damn game was over in the first 11 minutes
11-20-2014 10:51 PM
memphistiger001 Offline
Bench Warmer

You are correct that many fans are clueless and think they can coach. Dont quit your day job.
11-20-2014 10:52 PM
roundhouse74 Offline
Cynic

(11-20-2014 10:21 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  I think it is fair to say that he isn't adept at communicating a coherent message.

The OP or Pastner?
11-20-2014 10:55 PM
Advertisement

TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
Haven't we lost only 1 game this season?
11-20-2014 10:55 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I like th OP. Nice job. I like Penny too.
11-20-2014 11:03 PM
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

(11-20-2014 10:52 PM)memphistiger001 Wrote:  You are correct that many fans are clueless and think they can coach. Dont quit your day job.

That's your opinion.....And JMO that the pressers and the game management and player development are indicators that Josh is in over his head right now.....I will stick to my day job and we will establish that Pastner would be most productive as assistant/recruiter
11-20-2014 11:14 PM
murphster Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Underdog
Ultimately the coach is responsible. He steers the ship so to speak. If we don't have the right crew members then that is one the coach. This doesn't mean everyone needs to be a 5 star player but you do need serviceable players at each position. If we look back on the season (at the season's end) and see that we didn't have a PG then it is on his shoulders. Only time will tell.
11-20-2014 11:22 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(11-20-2014 10:52 PM)memphistiger001 Wrote:  You are correct that many fans are clueless and think they can coach. Dont quit your day job.

You seem angry
11-21-2014 09:39 AM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
I agree with the first part - come on MEMPHIS!
11-21-2014 10:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mtyler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-20-2014 10:23 PM)MemphisFan95 Wrote:  Do we really need 27 threads about this?

It's a message board, dude. Who cares.
11-21-2014 02:22 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(11-21-2014 09:39 AM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  

You seem angry

Are you amused by your own ignorance?
11-21-2014 03:00 PM
alcalde Offline
Banned

I Root For:
The talk of Penny as head coach, while understandable and something that MIGHT work out of it happened, is overall pretty silly and strikes me as a bit Larry Porterish. The difference between the Larry Porter experiment and Penny is that Memphis football couldn't have gotten any worse. We were among the Jackson States and Praire Views of the college football world. We are talking about Memphis basketball here. We SHOULD be a top 20 program every year. We are one of the top 25 basketball programs in the country. We shouldn't hire head coaches with zero coaching experience on this level. That said, we should never have hired Josh at this level. Kentucky wouldn't do it, UCLA wouldn't do it, Duke wouldn't do it. Are we as strong a basketball program as those teams? No. But are we kidding ourselves to aspire to be? Have we tasted enough glory over the years to see that it is possible? With the money we pay coaches and the level at which we present ourselves to recruits and to fans, we put ourselves up there among the very best. And we should. Penny is great, but bring him on as an assistant to work with the guards. Hire a guy like Bruce Pearl, Greg Marshall, Brad Stevens if the NBA doesnt work out…not necessarily those people but people on their level.
11-21-2014 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.