Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Help is on the way
Bookmark and Share
tigers0830 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Help is on the way
KJ and Dedric are going to change things next year. These two guys seen to have that "it"that has been missing with any team under Josh.

I really think next year's class will have a similar impact as the Laurinburg class has. Now I'm Not saying it will have a 4 straight 30+ win seasons, but it will a major impact
11-20-2014 12:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Help is on the way
Next year.
11-20-2014 12:38 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Will Barton, JJ, Adonis, Shaq, Nichols, etc., etc., etc... The problem seems to be more related to the coach and his system than the level of talent coming through the program.
11-20-2014 12:45 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
03-yes
(11-20-2014 12:45 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  Will Barton, JJ, Adonis, Shaq, Nichols, etc., etc., etc... The problem seems to be more related to the coach and his system than the level of talent coming through the program.

03-yes
11-20-2014 01:53 AM
Advertisement

roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This is an interesting dynamic.
Our frontcourt has Shaq, Nichols and King.-- not too shabby
Our back court looks JUST PLAIN LOST on the court. I am confident they will improve this season. (There is pretty much only one direction they can go.) If they do not improve over course of yr ,then Josh does deserve some serious heat despite his good W-L record.
Now, the OP has brought up some good news. Class of 2015 will bring in stud recruits known as the Lawson Bros. These brothers are FRONTCOURT players. Of course, we are glad to have them.
what about our woeful backcourt?
11-20-2014 02:01 AM
howboutthemtigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
As a tiger fan,,I admire your enthusiasm. However I'm so sick of people saying "Wait til next year". We always seem to be waiting for something. Waiting for Josh to come into his own, waiting for a certain player or players to get here, waiting for those same players to graduate because they were overrated, waiting for the team to gel. Quite frankly, I'm waiting in the powers that be to hire another coach. Josh is paid top ten money and simply is not worth it. He seems to get a raise and contract extension every time we win a game. I'm excited about the Lawsons also but my true belief is that they will regress and underachieve like every single player (with the exception of DJ) has under Josh.
11-20-2014 07:24 AM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
I thought this thread was going to be about an X's and O's assistant with a history of tough defenses.
11-20-2014 07:43 AM
Advertisement

wylioats Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2014 07:24 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  As a tiger fan,,I admire your enthusiasm. However I'm so sick of people saying "Wait til next year". We always seem to be waiting for something. Waiting for Josh to come into his own, waiting for a certain player or players to get here, waiting for those same players to graduate because they were overrated, waiting for the team to gel. Quite frankly, I'm waiting in the powers that be to hire another coach. Josh is paid top ten money and simply is not worth it. He seems to get a raise and contract extension every time we win a game. I'm excited about the Lawsons also but my true belief is that they will regress and underachieve like every single player (with the exception of DJ) has under Josh.

Yep, I feel the same way. Fuente who was handed a broken down volkswagon, has done more in 3 years, in a much harder job, than Pastner's done in 6years with the Lexus that was handed to him. Pastner? love him as a great and wonderful human being. As a coach, not so much. In my opinion.
11-20-2014 08:06 AM
ZachMan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
(11-20-2014 07:24 AM)howboutthemtigers Wrote:  As a tiger fan,,I admire your enthusiasm. However I'm so sick of people saying "Wait til next year". We always seem to be waiting for something. Waiting for Josh to come into his own, waiting for a certain player or players to get here, waiting for those same players to graduate because they were overrated, waiting for the team to gel. Quite frankly, I'm waiting in the powers that be to hire another coach. Josh is paid top ten money and simply is not worth it. He seems to get a raise and contract extension every time we win a game. I'm excited about the Lawsons also but my true belief is that they will regress and underachieve like every single player (with the exception of DJ) has under Josh.

Perfectly stated, the problem is always something else except him because he is so nice!! I get why people want him to work, but we can't keep going like this.
11-20-2014 08:19 AM
tigersroll Offline
All American

Assuming Austin, Shaq, and Nick King comes back, where will these impact freshmen play? Josh tends to go with what he familiar with. Last year it was four guards shoot whatever you like and now this year it's pound the ball into the frontcourt. There is no way these guys play meaningful minutes as freshmen. Having their dad on the staff will create and interesting dynamic under these circumstances. I don't expect much, as much as I would like to. I want to see Josh Succeed, but he has to get some type of system that allows for all 5 player to flourish. Ever wonder why teams like UNC, Duke, Kansas can just plug in player after player year after year and still play same style. It has more to do with just recruiting 5* players. They have an identity.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2014 09:24 AM by tigersroll.)
11-20-2014 08:36 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Even with the Lawsons, they can't be effective without a pt guard (just like Shaq & Nichols won't be). We need a pt guard, either a new recruit or someone to develop from the roster we have now.
11-20-2014 08:43 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(11-20-2014 12:22 AM)tigers0830 Wrote:  KJ and Dedric are going to change things next year. These two guys seen to have that "it"that has been missing with any team under Josh.

I really think next year's class will have a similar impact as the Laurinburg class has. Now I'm Not saying it will have a 4 straight 30+ win seasons, but it will a major impact

I have been hearing about great recruits for 6 years now.

Just play.
11-20-2014 10:54 AM
aardWolf Offline
Heisman

Since I graduated from the UofM, we've gone from being an "At least we have basketball season" school to an "At least we have football season" school...
11-20-2014 10:59 AM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(11-20-2014 07:43 AM)tiger2000 Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to be about an X's and O's assistant with a history of tough defenses.

That is the help we need...LOL
11-20-2014 02:05 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-20-2014 10:59 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  Since I graduated from the UofM, we've gone from being an "At least we have basketball season" school to an "At least we have football season" school...

You must be young, we've been through that cycle more than once since I graduated.
11-20-2014 08:08 PM
HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
Lawsons are good.
11-21-2014 10:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.