Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Message From George Lapides This Morning
Bookmark and Share
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Message From George Lapides This Morning
To those who are calling for Pastner to be fired this year, George, says "shut up!", because, in his opinion it does no good - he WON'T be fired, and he shouldn't be. He went on to say that you don't fire a coach after a single bad year (we don't yet know for sure that this will be a bad one), because that would be "unfair" and "unethical". Furthermore, he said even if we did fire him, what decent coach do we think would want to be at a school that treated the last coach in that manner?

George makes a lot of sense, if you ask me.
11-19-2014 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
RE: Message From George Lapides This Morning
George is a POS
11-19-2014 02:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tiger86 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-19-2014 02:03 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  To those who are calling for Pastner to be fired this year, George, says "shut up!", because, in his opinion it does no good - he WON'T be fired, and he shouldn't be. He went on to say that you don't fire a coach after a single bad year (we don't yet know for sure that this will be a bad one), because that would be "unfair" and "unethical". Furthermore, he said even if we did fire him, what decent coach do we think would want to be at a school that treated the last coach in that manner?

What is unfair and unethical is the head coach of the Memphis Tigers Basketball team cashing $200K checks every month after losing to CBU.

George blows.
11-19-2014 02:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2014 02:04 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  George is a POS

That's a matter of opinion, but I think he made a lot of sense.
11-19-2014 02:07 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(11-19-2014 02:07 PM)tiger86 Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 02:03 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  To those who are calling for Pastner to be fired this year, George, says "shut up!", because, in his opinion it does no good - he WON'T be fired, and he shouldn't be. He went on to say that you don't fire a coach after a single bad year (we don't yet know for sure that this will be a bad one), because that would be "unfair" and "unethical". Furthermore, he said even if we did fire him, what decent coach do we think would want to be at a school that treated the last coach in that manner?

What is unfair and unethical is the head coach of the Memphis Tigers Basketball team cashing $200K checks every month after losing to CBU.

George blows.

I can't believe he has 60 losses to CBU and STILL cashes the checks every month. The nerve of him.
11-19-2014 02:09 PM
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

well by all means lets sign him up for an extension or better yet a lifetime contract with a raise to boot. Just because George says so. Let's be happy with the record Josh has against the top twenty-five and turn this program into Southern Miss, only getting paid like a blue blood. Something is wrong here
Advertisement

TigerTimmy Offline
Outsider

I Root For: Tigers & Titans
Did George say where are the best places to eat?
Joe1 Offline
Larry's Friend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

George blows.

04-cheers04-bow
11-19-2014 02:10 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators

George blows.

You don't pay his salary, so let the Ambassador's worry about that...if they want him gone, they will be the ones to pay the buy out.

Sit back and enjoy the season...Tiger football Sat, Tiger hoops on Monday...both at home.
11-19-2014 02:11 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

Oh yeah, always better to be reactive than proactive. Then again, Will Muschamp probably wishes Florida was more reactive than proactive.
11-19-2014 02:12 PM
danny1 Offline
All American

I heard George and I too tend to agree with what he said. To have all these people demanding Josh be fired, considering his over all record, only a couple of games into this season and with 10 new team members is simply preposterous.

To all those who want him gone now, simply raise the multi millions of dollars to buy out his contract and turn it over to the athletic department. Let me know how that goes.
11-19-2014 02:12 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-19-2014 02:12 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  Oh yeah, always better to be reactive than proactive. Then again, Will Muschamp probably wishes Florida was more reactive than proactive.

Pastner has won 130 games in 5 years here...4 straight NCAAs...not even a comparable situation.
11-19-2014 02:14 PM
tiger86 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-19-2014 02:12 PM)danny1 Wrote:  

I heard George and I too tend to agree with what he said. To have all these people demanding Josh be fired, considering his over all record, only a couple of games into this season and with 10 new team members is simply preposterous.

To all those who want him gone now, simply raise the multi millions of dollars to buy out his contract and turn it over to the athletic department. Let me know how that goes.

What would George have said about this season's results thus far if Calipari were still here?

Shalom y'all.
11-19-2014 02:14 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2014 02:12 PM)danny1 Wrote:  

There's only one person to blame when a D-I team has 10 players who have never played in a game before.

The "raise the money and buy out his contract" line is tired. We're all fans and fans have every right to get on a message board and complain about losses and brag about wins. It's what we do. None of us has any pull when it comes to making coaching changes.

That said, Josh isn't going anywhere during the season. Sit back. Support the team. And hope like hell the young guys catch on quickly.
11-19-2014 02:17 PM
RCM1029 Away
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2014 02:14 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 02:12 PM)RCM1029 Wrote:  Oh yeah, always better to be reactive than proactive. Then again, Will Muschamp probably wishes Florida was more reactive than proactive.

Pastner has won 130 games in 5 years here...4 straight NCAAs...not even a comparable situation.

Sorry. Wasn't making a comparison. I was stating that Will Muschamp would probably love it if Florida took a more reactive approach to the future of their program.
11-19-2014 02:18 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-19-2014 02:14 PM)tiger86 Wrote:  What would George have said about this season's results thus far if Calipari were still here?

A little early to talk about "this season's results", isn't it? Officially, we've lost a single game to the #11 team in the nation.
11-19-2014 02:19 PM
Advertisement

MemTiger90 Offline
All American

Here's to hoping that the apathy surrounding the basketball team will result in higher ticket sales for the football team saturday. Sadly, I don't see it happening. It will be the typical 27,000-32,000
11-19-2014 02:20 PM
tiger86 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-19-2014 02:19 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 02:14 PM)tiger86 Wrote:  What would George have said about this season's results thus far if Calipari were still here?

A little early to talk about "this season's results", isn't it? Officially, we've lost a single game to the #11 team in the nation.

"Officially" our team colors are Memphis Blue (PMS 280) and Memphis Grey (PMS 423).
11-19-2014 02:22 PM
tiger2000 Offline
I Post By "Feel"

I Root For: $79.95 Boards
(11-19-2014 02:20 PM)MemTiger90 Wrote:  

Here's to hoping that the apathy surrounding the basketball team will result in higher ticket sales for the football team saturday. Sadly, I don't see it happening. It will be the typical 27,000-32,000

Will you be there? Or does your disdain for our QB prevent it?
11-19-2014 02:23 PM
450bench Offline

Lepenis is simply a baffoon.
11-19-2014 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.