Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Oh Josh Supporters, where are you????
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
Oh Josh Supporters, where are you????
Just thought I'd do this. Seeing as they'll do this everytime we beat a prairie view by 10...
11-18-2014 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
RE: Oh Josh Supporters, where are you????
Waiting to see if the Tigers wax Prairie View.
11-18-2014 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

It'll be a huge victory for the rpi.
11-18-2014 05:41 PM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
I think it is best to wait awhile before judging our coach. With all the new players we have this year, the greatest coaches in the history of basketball would need time to mold a team. Probably ought to also keep in mind that he has run a clean program, led us to 4 straight NCAA Tournament berths, has an outstanding record for graduating players and, for the most part (at least compared to most big-time programs) his players have been well behaved.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 05:49 PM by Gray Avenger.)
11-18-2014 05:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Reekinhavoc Offline
1st String

I Root For: Univ of Memphis
Here is one.
11-18-2014 05:54 PM
Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-18-2014 05:48 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  I think it is best to wait awhile before judging our coach. With all the new players we have this year, the greatest coaches in the history of basketball would need time to mold a team. Probably ought to also keep in mind that he has run a clean program, led us to 4 straight NCAA Tournament berths, has an outstanding record for graduating players and, for the most part (at least compared to most big-time programs) his players have been well behaved.

A pleasure to read this. Nowhere near the norm on this board after a loss, of course, but nice to know there are others who try to think "big picture," and don't just light the torch and look to burn down the house.

Thank you. :)
11-18-2014 05:56 PM
Advertisement

AtlTigerfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
I'm one too...
11-18-2014 05:57 PM
Sundanceuiuc Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: .
I would assume most Tigers fans are at work.

Just a guess.
11-18-2014 05:58 PM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(11-18-2014 05:48 PM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  I think it is best to wait awhile before judging our coach. With all the new players we have this year, the greatest coaches in the history of basketball would need time to mold a team. Probably ought to also keep in mind that he has run a clean program, led us to 4 straight NCAA Tournament berths, has an outstanding record for graduating players and, for the most part (at least compared to most big-time programs) his players have been well behaved.

Oh ok, we'll wait 6 more years
11-18-2014 06:23 PM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-18-2014 05:14 PM)HoopDreams Wrote:  Waiting to see if the Tigers wax Prairie View.

It's not a birthright to wax Prairie View.
11-18-2014 06:24 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

GA, I would normally agree that talent finds a way to adapt, get better, especially with a teacher in charge. I just don't see a floor general coming forward that can make this work. Without one it renders Nichols & a good Shaq ineffective. There is little discipline, no team work, just 5 guys (pick'em) playing gym ball/AAU ball.
11-18-2014 06:25 PM
Advertisement

anothertigerfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: T.I.G.E.R.S
(11-18-2014 06:23 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  

Oh ok, we'll wait 6 more years

Yep, I'm getting tired of it myself. I am officially turning to the dark side.
11-18-2014 06:27 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-18-2014 06:23 PM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  Oh ok, we'll wait 6 more years

You personally may have to.

Josh is going to be here for a while and we are going to be a top 25 ranked program most of the time.
11-18-2014 06:27 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

Time will tell if we are able to improve to become a top 20 team by the end of the year. If so, it is job well done. If not....
11-18-2014 06:29 PM
2tigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of M and LSU

BigDtiger,HoopDreams and 450bench don't want to wait. This is making their day.
11-18-2014 06:32 PM
80sTiger Offline
Why Am I Stuck on 'Water Engineer' ?

He's too inexperienced and we're seeing it now and before too. Except now we don't have exceptional talent to mask certain things. Makes you wonder if we could've gone so much further with previous talent if we had more experience at the HC position. Why we gave him that gold-plated contract, I'll never understand.
Advertisement

ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(11-18-2014 06:25 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  GA, I would normally agree that talent finds a way to adapt, get better, especially with a teacher in charge. I just don't see a floor general coming forward that can make this work.

That's quite understandable because we have barely seen most of our guys every lace up sneakers before. The team is a real mystery right now and has so much to define and so many roles to be filled.We are starting from scratch early on this year.

If we struggle thru the season limping around .500, Josh will be in some real heat.

Frankly, I'll be really surprised if we don't win 20-24 games.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2014 06:33 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
I'm right here, but I'm busy working. But don't mind me...get back to your bash fest.
11-18-2014 06:33 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2014 06:25 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  

GA, I would normally agree that talent finds a way to adapt, get better, especially with a teacher in charge. I just don't see a floor general coming forward that can make this work. Without one it renders Nichols & a good Shaq ineffective. There is little discipline, no team work, just 5 guys (pick'em) playing gym ball/AAU ball.

Yep. The lack of a QB executing our offense is going on year 6. Starting to wonder if the guys understand what the coach is trying to accomplish. Or does the coach understand what the team is able to accomplish.

I remember Al Mcquire(sic) saying during one of our games under Kirk that successful programs do not change their system to accommodate the players in it, but the coach recruits players that fit the programs system.

To be honest, I don't know what type of players we recruit, because we get out run, out shot, out defended and can't handle the ball under pressure. And going on year 6, we only have a couple of guys that seem to be 'basketball players' versus just being 'good athletes'.
11-18-2014 06:36 PM
midtowncowboy Offline
Heisman

(11-18-2014 06:32 PM)80sTiger Wrote:  He's too inexperienced and we're seeing it now and before too. Except now we don't have exceptional talent to mask certain things. Makes you wonder if we could've gone so much further with previous talent if we had more experience at the HC position. Why we gave him that gold-plated contract, I'll never understand.

What 'exceptional' talent did we have in previous years. Do you not remember the early season beat downs we experienced with this 'exceptional talent' you refer to? Our guard play continues to be below average.
11-18-2014 06:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.