Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who Is The Starting QB Next Season?
This poll is closed.
Ely 80.00% 24 80.00%
Woodside 10.00% 3 10.00%
Julian 0% 0 0%
Gibson 6.67% 2 6.67%
Guadagni 3.33% 1 3.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Who Is Toledo's Starting Quarterback Next Year?
Bookmark and Share
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Poll
11-17-2014 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Ely. Clearly the best of the bunch I have seen this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-17-2014 11:21 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

RE: Who Is Toledo's Starting Quarterback Next Year?
Ely or Woodside.
11-17-2014 11:38 AM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-17-2014 11:38 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  Ely or Woodside.

ELY without question
11-17-2014 12:09 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

Ely as long as he's healthy
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 12:15 PM by TampaRocket.)
11-17-2014 12:14 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
You left off "All of the above."

I've only seen Ely in action for not even 7 full quarters, so I can't say how much better he might have been than Woodside. Logan got a lot of experience this season and will no doubt improve a lot more by next season.

No doubt it will be an interesting competition. I just hope the coaches start the best guy. And, in the mean-time hire a QB coach.
11-17-2014 12:21 PM
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
I think it will be Woodside. Guess I am alone so far
11-17-2014 12:22 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Online
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Braxton Miller
11-17-2014 12:29 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(11-17-2014 12:21 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  You left off "All of the above."

I've only seen Ely in action for not even 7 full quarters, so I can't say how much better he might have been than Woodside. Logan got a lot of experience this season and will no doubt improve a lot more by next season.

No doubt it will be an interesting competition. I just hope the coaches start the best guy. And, in the mean-time hire a QB coach.

I would put myself in this camp
11-17-2014 12:37 PM
Steve in NJ Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I think it was in the OSU/Minnesota game....watched so many games this past week it's hard to remember which, they mentioned that Minnesota used a 2 QB system. The color commentator said he was definitely not a fan of using 2 QBs. Hopefully Rocket coaches might have been listening and will not revert back to the Dantin/TO combo debacle. I think one thing is sure....some of the names above will be gone. With both Woodside and Ely here for 2 more years, and a new QB coming in to make the numbers worse....somebody has to leave. We have made mistakes in the past with talent...Tavares Cadet and maybe even Macon. The kid from Louisiana is supposted to be good even though he didn't have a lot of D1 offers. He went to one of the post HS QB camps and came out with great reviews. The roster site still hasn't listed any info on the guy......might be a bad omen.
11-17-2014 03:08 PM
utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

if it's not Ely or Woodside it will be a long year.
11-17-2014 04:35 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-17-2014 04:35 PM)utrocks84 Wrote:  if it's not Ely or Woodside it will be a long year.

Or it means we landed a stud QB who starts as a true freshman - or transfers from another university (like say, Wilson did when he left NC State to go to Wisconsin for one season)
11-17-2014 07:17 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

OK, I'll say it ... I wouldn't mind us trying the 2 QB system again.

The 2011 team broke a boatload of school offensive records including points, yards per game, total TDs, passing TDs ... and we did that using the 2QB system. Haven't been close to that kind of production again.

If we had played both QBs this year, Julian would have had a lot of relevant game experience under his belt when Woodside got hurt. Teams have to prepare for 2 different QBs, and the one with the hot hand can finish the game. I know people give a lot of arguments as to why it can't work ... player always looking over his shoulder, team building with the WRs, etc. etc. But we have objective evidence in the 2011 team that it absolutely can work with extreme effectiveness. With the stable of highly regarded QBs we have, it seems to me it's time we try it again.

OK, I'm done. Feel free to throw slings and arrows. 05-stirthepot
11-17-2014 07:40 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Say no 2 multiple QB system

If you have 2 qbs you have none.
11-17-2014 08:31 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
Ssaw Ely at the hoops game. He seemed to be walking pretty well.
11-17-2014 09:58 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(11-17-2014 12:29 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Braxton Miller

I'm thinking he transfers to Toledo too, rather than sit the bench.
11-17-2014 10:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-17-2014 07:40 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  OK, I'll say it ... I wouldn't mind us trying the 2 QB system again.

The 2011 team broke a boatload of school offensive records including points, yards per game, total TDs, passing TDs ... and we did that using the 2QB system. Haven't been close to that kind of production again.

If we had played both QBs this year, Julian would have had a lot of relevant game experience under his belt when Woodside got hurt. Teams have to prepare for 2 different QBs, and the one with the hot hand can finish the game. I know people give a lot of arguments as to why it can't work ... player always looking over his shoulder, team building with the WRs, etc. etc. But we have objective evidence in the 2011 team that it absolutely can work with extreme effectiveness. With the stable of highly regarded QBs we have, it seems to me it's time we try it again.

You seem to be forgetting how much better things got when Owens FINALLY got to show how good he was on his own
11-17-2014 10:20 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-17-2014 07:40 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  OK, I'll say it ... I wouldn't mind us trying the 2 QB system again.

Keep in mind: Different HC, different OC, different QB coach.

The only way I see a 2 QB system as advantageous is if each has significantly different strengths. If you have to try to figure out which guy has "the hot hand" every week then you have a big problem somewhere. Just pick a guy and live or die with with him. Then, next year, hire better and recruit better.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2014 10:42 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-17-2014 10:36 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

Fuel To The Fire
11-18-2014 12:54 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2014 12:21 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  You left off "All of the above."

My thoughts exactly. How can you guys be so sure Ely is better than Woodside come next year? His play in the Mizzou game reminded me much of how Woodside has been playing this season. Give Woodside a few more games this year plus the offseason, and I bet we find ourselves a much improved junior QB.
11-18-2014 01:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.