Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Headcoaching jobs.
Bookmark and Share
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
Headcoaching jobs.
Florida needs a new coach. So, who's it gonna be?
11-16-2014 03:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
RE: Headcoaching jobs.
I think its going to be UCLA's coach Jim Mora
11-16-2014 03:48 PM
Guardian Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Alabama, SBC
Urban Meyer? :D
11-17-2014 07:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Dan Mullen
11-17-2014 11:03 PM
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(11-17-2014 07:20 PM)Guardian Wrote:  Urban Meyer? :D
Nah... Florida is way too stressful for Meyer.03-lmfao
11-17-2014 11:21 PM
jhawkmvp Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kansas
I am hearing in B12 country that Gundy at Oklahoma State might be in the running for the UF job. The other rumor is he and T. Boone are on the outs. Whether true or not I have no idea.
11-17-2014 11:56 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
Isn't Harbaugh leaving the 49ers after this year?
11-18-2014 12:59 PM
BewareThePhog Offline
1st String

I Root For: KU
Yes - he's going to Kansas.

(At least a few of our more delusional alums think so...I don't care that his wife is from this area, I'm 99.99% certain that he's not going to be our next coach. If I'm wrong and he somehow ends up in Lawrence, I'll happily admit to having been mistaken.)
11-18-2014 03:19 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-18-2014 12:59 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Isn't Harbaugh leaving the 49ers after this year?

If Harbaugh leaves I would think he is going to be Michigan's first choice.
The Florida job is going to be tough to predict. There are no hot new coaches at mid sized schools that fit the bill there. I do think Hugh Freeze might get a look. Mullen says he's not interested and Rich Rod has said the same. But who knows they all say that when they have a bowl game to play. Charlie Strong has a better job than the Florida job now. Personally I think the Gators picked a bad year to look. We'll see.
11-18-2014 03:26 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(11-18-2014 03:26 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(11-18-2014 12:59 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  Isn't Harbaugh leaving the 49ers after this year?

The Florida job is going to be tough to predict. There are no hot new coaches at mid sized schools that fit the bill there. I do think Hugh Freeze might get a look. Mullen says he's not interested and Rich Rod has said the same. But who knows they all say that when they have a bowl game to play. Charlie Strong has a better job than the Florida job now. Personally I think the Gators picked a bad year to look. We'll see.

What Mullen says now really doesn't matter. He would be supreme ******* of the year if he dropped some kind of bomb on his kids that he was thinking of leaving next year.

No College Coach is going to say anything about being interested.

I still think Harbaugh is a great coach but he is better suited to being a college coach. Michigan NEEDS a head coach that believes in getting back to focusing on an offense that is based upon a strong, pocket passer quarterback. Harbaugh is perfect for that and I do believe the new AD, whomever he or she is, will be given the keys to the kingdom to offer to Harbaugh. They need Harbaugh more than he needs Michigan. Look at the type of program and offense he put into play at Stanford. THAT is what they need at Michigan.

He will go there, he will get a TON of money and he will own the AD behind the scenes.
11-18-2014 10:29 PM
jhawkmvp Offline
2nd String

(11-18-2014 03:19 PM)BewareThePhog Wrote:  Yes - he's going to Kansas.

(At least a few of our more delusional alums think so...I don't care that his wife is from this area, I'm 99.99% certain that he's not going to be our next coach. If I'm wrong and he somehow ends up in Lawrence, I'll happily admit to having been mistaken.)

Lew Perkins messed it up the first time around over coaching a bowl game 04-chairshot, so I can see why they think they might have a shot at him this time around. Problem is when KU almost got him after Mangino, he was an up and comer, coming off an 8-5 record in his 2nd year at Stanford, and was being offered 3.5 times more money than he was making at Stanford ($2.5 vs $700k). He had not blown up quite yet. Since then he has had so much more success that he can demand and get crazy money and control. However, if KU can scrape up $5M or more a year from the big donors, then I say take a shot at it. Nothing to lose when he almost certainly says no and everything to gain on the 1% chance (might be generous there01-wingedeagle) being close to his wife's family in K.C. is most important to him (happy wife, happy life). Clint Bowen will still be there to hire, or some other top P5 OC/DC or G5 HC, when he says no. Any university that gets Harbaugh is getting a great coach and recruits will flock there to play for him no matter where it is due to his NFL success. He's an immediate program changing hire. However, if he chooses a college job then I think he has decided to make his career there, and Michigan and Florida are both destination jobs, have much more resources and history, so he would be crazy to go to KU instead IMO. That said I doubt he leaves the NFL, though college suits him better. Successful NFL coaches rarely go back to the college game and Oakland, Jacksonville, Miami, or another NFL franchise will likely give him $10M/year and complete control.
11-18-2014 11:19 PM
Advertisement

jhawkmvp Offline
2nd String

Vegas odds:

[Image: 7afe768b4d600128684bc830621657ef.jpg]
11-18-2014 11:33 PM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(11-18-2014 11:33 PM)jhawkmvp Wrote:  Vegas odds:

[Image: 7afe768b4d600128684bc830621657ef.jpg]

We are hearing that Fedora would be OSU's top pick if they could get him. Larry had done a good job under difficult circumstances, but really hasn't been embraced by some of the Carolina faithful.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2014 08:46 AM by XLance.)
11-19-2014 08:45 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK
(11-18-2014 10:29 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

What Mullen says now really doesn't matter. He would be supreme ******* of the year if he dropped some kind of bomb on his kids that he was thinking of leaving next year.

I still think Harbaugh is a great coach but he is better suited to being a college coach. Michigan NEEDS a head coach that believes in getting back to focusing on an offense that is based upon a strong, pocket passer quarterback. Harbaugh is perfect for that and I do believe the new AD, whomever he or she is, will be given the keys to the kingdom to offer to Harbaugh. They need Harbaugh more than he needs Michigan. Look at the type of program and offense he put into play at Stanford. THAT is what they need at Michigan.

He will go there, he will get a TON of money and he will own the AD behind the scenes.

I'm sure Michigan will try and back up the Brink's truck, but I'm not convinced that he would be willing to go. Look at all of the NFL jobs that could potentially be open (JAX, CAR, OAK, NYJ, NYG, CHI) where they will give Jim the keys to the kingdom.

As for UF, I wonder if Mike Leech would be interested in leaving the Paloose and get back to recruiting that talent that made Texas Tech an offensive powerhouse.
11-19-2014 11:25 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-19-2014 11:25 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

I'm sure Michigan will try and back up the Brink's truck, but I'm not convinced that he would be willing to go. Look at all of the NFL jobs that could potentially be open (JAX, CAR, OAK, NYJ, NYG, CHI) where they will give Jim the keys to the kingdom.

As for UF, I wonder if Mike Leech would be interested in leaving the Paloose and get back to recruiting that talent that made Texas Tech an offensive powerhouse.

Unfortunately for the former Texas Tech coach he has tweaked the noses of the PC crowd in academia. Hence his banishment to the hinterlands.
11-19-2014 04:10 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

Headcoaching jobs.
There's now a rumor that Mike Shanahan is a strong candidate.
11-19-2014 07:28 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

(11-19-2014 11:25 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

All I can say is that I live in Phoenix and I hear a lot of things. The talk is constantly about the drama in Seattle and San Francisco. It is story after story after story. Considering all that Harbaugh is having to deal with there, I wouldn't doubt it at all if he is sick of the ego's he has to deal with on the professional level.

The latest example is...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...plit-time/

Harbaugh doesn't have the personality that can easily deal with all this. He is a Tyrant type of personality. He wants total control and he cant control these mega ego's. College athletes aren't like this yet. They still look up to their coaches.
11-19-2014 11:15 PM
jhawkmvp Offline
2nd String

(11-19-2014 07:28 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  There's now a rumor that Mike Shanahan is a strong candidate.

He comes up every time the UF job comes open (I'm a Broncos fan) due to the time he spent there as OC from 1980-83. He'd definitely get the O fixed. I think he is a little old for it now, but maybe he would bring little Shanny along to be coach in waiting in 5 years or so when he hangs it up.

UF fans on the Shaggy board (Texas fan site) claim Mullen is a no go because he and the AD there do not get along at all. Not sure how true that is or not.
11-20-2014 12:25 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(11-19-2014 11:15 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  All I can say is that I live in Phoenix and I hear a lot of things. The talk is constantly about the drama in Seattle and San Francisco. It is story after story after story. Considering all that Harbaugh is having to deal with there, I wouldn't doubt it at all if he is sick of the ego's he has to deal with on the professional level.

The latest example is...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...plit-time/

Harbaugh doesn't have the personality that can easily deal with all this. He is a Tyrant type of personality. He wants total control and he cant control these mega ego's. College athletes aren't like this yet. They still look up to their coaches.

I was thinking that his ego wouldn't allow him to go back to college before he achieved some metric of success at the pro level. Is appearing in a Super Bowl enough?
11-20-2014 08:38 AM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2014 12:25 AM)jhawkmvp Wrote:  
(11-19-2014 07:28 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  There's now a rumor that Mike Shanahan is a strong candidate.

He comes up every time the UF job comes open (I'm a Broncos fan) due to the time he spent there as OC from 1980-83. He'd definitely get the O fixed. I think he is a little old for it now, but maybe he would bring little Shanny along to be coach in waiting in 5 years or so when he hangs it up.

UF fans on the Shaggy board (Texas fan site) claim Mullen is a no go because he and the AD there do not get along at all. Not sure how true that is or not.

Yea, Foley apparently has issues with Mullen and RichRod. But unless there is some hot OC somewhere that you don't see is capable of being HC yet, the Shanahan move doesn't make much sense. If he couldn't deal with RGIII, how is he going to live with the ancillary issues surrounding the college game?
11-20-2014 09:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.