Let the fun begin!
11-15-2014 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: It's That Time of the Year Again: WMU vs, CMU
I went from thinking this would be a good game... to thinking we will pound them. Something like 45-24.
11-15-2014 05:26 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
56- 21
11-15-2014 05:29 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2014 05:29 PM)John52168 Wrote:  56- 21

04-jawdrop
11-15-2014 05:31 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Lavalii and Rawls both left today's game injured.
11-15-2014 05:34 PM
John52168 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU and Army

Crappies
(11-15-2014 05:31 PM)Hoekjeness Wrote:  
(11-15-2014 05:29 PM)John52168 Wrote:  56- 21

04-jawdrop

Sorry but when you struggle against weaker teams and give up more points to EMUgly that doesn't impress me.
11-15-2014 05:36 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
We shouldn't let the EMU game get to our heads. CMU has the #1 D in the MAC, and assuming Rawls is 100% -- they're going to Be Ready to Rock. But, so will we. I just hope we don't get too nervous thus off-key. This will be a Real Test for us.

Taking away any key turnovers or big special teams plays, here's what I expect: CMU to hold us to under 30 points (unless they somehow score often & quick; or go 3-and-out all the time - I doubt either).

Worst to Expect (10%) : WMU 17, CMU 37
Negative to Expect (20%): WMU 21, CMU 31
Likely to Expect (25%): WMU 27, CMU 30
Positive to Expect (25%): WMU 28, CMU 24
Best to Expect (20%): WMU 38, CMU 21
11-15-2014 05:37 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

We are going to roll them. This team is only getting better and better. Not one step back this season.
11-15-2014 05:40 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

todd, what team are you watching? We've been playing this good (and improving) every week since the Toledo game. Mark my words, we aren't losing to CMU next Saturday.
11-15-2014 05:41 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:todd, what team are you watching? We've been playing this good (and improving) every week since the Toledo game. Mark my words, we aren't losing to CMU next Saturday.

I put it at 45/55 odds because EMU really wasn't a real test for us and we were coming off a bye... it's AT CMU. They can be "blah" -- don't get me wrong; just like this afternoon (without playing Rawls pretty much). Or GOOD (crushing NIU, crushing Purdue).

I see the game against us being Much more likely the latter mode they'll be in, given the rivalry. In rivalry games, at home, you look at that team who may not be great -- or even really bad -- but look at the best game they Played (win or lose) -- and put that execution for 60 minutes against the other team.

It would NOT be a shocker by any means for WMU to win, don't get me wrong. IMO, CMU is a favorite -- assuming Rawls plays @100%. I expect to see the CMU crushing NIU/Purdue team to be pitted against us. A far cry from EMU, or even Miami -- or the team that beat Miami today.
11-15-2014 06:03 PM
Broncodan Online
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
I know that this team has already come a long way and this season has already been successful, but a win next week in a hostile environment / big rivalry game in mt. Pee would really put a stamp on how far this team has turned around in just one season IMO
11-15-2014 06:18 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:I know that this team has already come a long way and this season has already been successful, but a win next week in a hostile environment / big rivalry game in mt. Pee would really put a stamp on how far this team has turned around in just one season IMO

OH, bigtime. If we win this game, and Toledo loses to BGSU -- look out. We're going to be talking MACC -- and then the (very) theoretical about of making the Access Bowl if the top G5s get knocked off in their championship games.
11-15-2014 06:20 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
This is one game where I believe having been their before will be beneficial.

Most of these Chimps have experienced this game, and I think they were looking past Miami.

These last four games have been almost too easy. It will take some amazing coaching to get these guys focused, not to jacked up, and not too cocky.

CMU 31
WMU 24

We score late to make it that close.

But we don't lose again for the next 5 years.
11-15-2014 06:22 PM
uclabruin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Against USC
mt pleasant is a place where wmu teams have lost their bearings in the past. Good teams have looked average..really good teams have looked average...and strange things happen. That said, this team appears to be the strongest, at this given moment, of any team that has taken the field up there. But these rivalry games can be so dangerous because of the emotional highs that can complement talent and take over.
11-15-2014 06:23 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

(11-15-2014 06:23 PM)uclabruin Wrote:  mt pleasant is a place where wmu teams have lost their bearings in the past. Good teams have looked average..really good teams have looked average...and strange things happen. That said, this team appears to be the strongest, at this given moment, of any team that has taken the field up there. But these rivalry games can be so dangerous because of the emotional highs that can complement talent and take over.

Broncos roll over the Chips like a BB on Ed Kengerski's CMU noggin. Ed needs to recuse himself from covering this game.

Andy Pepper should be made to cover this game, so we get unbiased reporting. 04-rock
11-15-2014 06:30 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Oh, ye of little faith. Past performance does not predict future results. We beat them last time up in dismal flats with a team not nearly as good as this edition.

Broncos will win this one pulling away late. Book it.

Todd, I have to echo somebody else. Which team have you been watching? But hey, it's all good. Maybe the team needs some skeptical fans, some non-believers. Keep predicting disaster or rust or whatever other distractions that you do each game. It's working or something......
11-15-2014 06:43 PM
Advertisement

bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
That bad juju about winning in Mt. Pee died two years ago
11-15-2014 06:48 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I'm on board that this is a good team. And I believe my eyes.

But I think they have enough weapons to keep us from rolling up points, and with a young team, that has got used to rolling people, that can create doubt. And doubt usually doesn't turn out good.

CMU has won a lot of close games. Granted, they probably shouldn't have been close, but it taught them they can win the close ones. They're a veteran team, with some talent, but a tad slow in my opinion.

If this game doesn't go like the BG game did early, and I don't think it will, I give the experienced, fat, slow Chimps the edge. These kids have got used to putting games away early, and if it doesnt go that way, experience will triumph.

But after this year, I see five years of rolling them. I've said all along that Snoozer is not a great recruiter, and the last two years he's been steam rolled when it comes to stockpiling talent.
11-15-2014 07:11 PM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

Dip...

CMU struggled against FCS Chattanooga, got rolled by a bad Syracuse team, choked against 3-win Ball St., nearly lost to a pathetic Miami team today...

Believe your eyes! 03-tired
11-15-2014 07:18 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:Oh, ye of little faith. Past performance does not predict future results. We beat them last time up in dismal flats with a team not nearly as good as this edition.

Broncos will win this one pulling away late. Book it.

And one could have said that in 2000 with even more umph. :)

I'm not saying the past=future, otherwise I'd say it'd be a 20% chance we'd win or something. I'm putting it at 45/55 chance because in rivalry games like this, the emotion and important Does carry over -- and they will be ready to rock against us.

Quote:Which team have you been watching? But hey, it's all good. Maybe the team needs some skeptical fans, some non-believers. Keep predicting disaster or rust or whatever other distractions that you do each game. It's working or something......

Hey, I am going to bet on the game (technically, depends on the spread). To make it a win-win for me. If WMU is favored by 10pts or something -- I'm betting on CMU.

I'm not saying we can't or "Yep, we're going to lose." Oh, not at all. I'm saying odds are in favor of us losing, because odds are that this is going to be the CMU team that crushed Purdue & NIU... and it being in Mt Pleasant in our rival's backyard.

I won't be shocked if we win; but a bit surprised. CMU has a lot of potential to be "blah" -- don't get me wrong. But they also have the potential to play very well. In a rivalry game in their house, the latter will show up, is all I'm saying. If so, which IMO is of a Good probability, I'd put us as a 9pt underdog. Which means we'll need special teams & potential turnovers to blow in our direction, along with key plays flowing thru with our A game, to win.

IMO, this is going to be our 2nd toughest game of the year (@VaTech first) to pull out a victory.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 07:26 PM by toddjnsn.)
11-15-2014 07:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.