UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

a national media idea
stc Offline
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong

I Root For: UAB!!!
a national media idea
Just an idea. Next week the college football world will be rather dull. I know this is a shot in the dark but what if we tweeted/emailed those at College Game day about possibly covering/broadcasting from our game against Marshall. Before anyone laughs there is a poor slate of games and we have an undefeated team (potentially) rolling into town in the middle of this battle we are in. There would be loads of chances for story lines from our side. It would be something different for them and it would drastically affect our attendance. Not to mention what could get our struggle to the forefront of the college football world quicker or more dramatically? It would take a ton of us tweeting and emailing game day and the personalities involved to possibly get some attention. Plus it would engage our student body. I just thought it might be worth a shot. Thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 01:18 PM by stc.)
11-15-2014 01:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KSUBlazer Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
RE: a national media idea
Everything is worth a shot. They can only say yes or no.
11-15-2014 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stc Offline

Would take a lot of social media responses but I'm willing to try if others are. ESPN is always about a story and they might find a nice one hear.
11-15-2014 01:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
My opinion? Our fanbase's energy needs to be focused on our own issues, rather than building up Marshall at a complete long-shot for Gameday to come to decrepit Legion Field.

Also, ESPN is all up in to Alabama. If you think for one second they'll piss in the SEC's cheerios by doing Gameday at a UAB home game, you must be crazy.

Here are just 3 games next week that will easily trump anything non-P5:

#14 Arizona at #23 Utah
#25 Minnesota at #16 Nebraska
USC at #11 UCLA

Also, Gameday usually has it rounded down to 2 or 3 possible locations about 3 weeks before each Saturday. With all the logistics involved, they will already have chosen their next location and will likely announce it tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 01:48 PM by demiveeman.)
11-15-2014 01:41 PM
Advertisement

stc Offline

I fully understand that they 99% wouldn't come. Just don't think a few tweets or emails would hurt to try. It keeps us on social media anyway. I also don't think ESPN would be making many people mad at the University of Alabama as most of them either don't care or actually support us (as their student publication in Tuscaloosa does). I'd love for gameday to be at legion field to see what we deal with and tell the story of how we got here.
11-15-2014 01:51 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

also, ESPN doesn't have the rights to C-USA games. We're with Fox or something like that... remember?
11-15-2014 01:58 PM
BlazerGrad88 Offline
All American

Your enthusiasm is admirable.
11-15-2014 02:05 PM
Advertisement

thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(11-15-2014 01:58 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  also, ESPN doesn't have the rights to C-USA games. We're with Fox or something like that... remember?

I think they will sit outside in front of a big game even if it isn't going to air on their network. The roll tide game today is on CBS, and GameDay was in Tuscaloosa today if I'm not mistaken.
11-15-2014 02:26 PM
notnow Offline
1st String

Do we have any "Free UAB" signs there?
11-15-2014 02:31 PM
stc Offline

It might make them just be willing to investigate and run a small story.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014 02:50 PM by stc.)
11-15-2014 02:49 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-15-2014 01:35 PM)stc Wrote:  Would take a lot of social media responses but I'm willing to try if others are. ESPN is always about a story and they might find a nice one hear.

I'm with you, "Stick!" I'll follow some of the national sports outlets I like and share any and all tweets related to this case, also, in case you're not aware, CNN is supposedly going to look into the death warrant, er, Carr Study, and someone mentioned on Twitter that ESPN & College Gameday was considering a feature story on the Marshall - UAB game, and how one team is fighting for national respect, the other, fighting just to survive. Like said, they can run with it or refuse, that's about it. Can't hurt to take a run at it, especially now, when the plug is so close in time to being pulled on our program by a dastardly board of trustees and a weak, subservient athletic director and school president.
11-15-2014 04:17 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
Gameday will be at the Yale vs. Harvard game this week.
11-16-2014 05:23 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
What about Sports Illustrated?
11-16-2014 05:26 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I've told the smokin' hot Mrs. Smaug for over a week now, "What I wouldn't give to see Paul Bryant, Jr. on the cover of SI."
11-16-2014 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.