Utep?
11-13-2014 11:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: After CSU accepts Big12 invite who replaces them in the Mwc
The Big XII isn't inviting Colorado State.
11-13-2014 11:25 PM
BLEEDBLUE81 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Boisestate
Maybe AF goes AAC to be with Navy and the mwc stays at 10..
11-13-2014 11:29 PM
Bearband36 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Missouri State
woah woah, slow down there, its just a rumor! one of many that will appear once the off season hits! :)
11-13-2014 11:36 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
These guys

[Image: 0.jpg]
11-13-2014 11:41 PM
BLEEDBLUE81 Offline
Water Engineer

Boise
Fresno
Sdsu
Nevada
Unlv
Sjsu
Hawail
Wyoming
Utahst
Newmexico.... 10 teams 9 conf gms, everyone plays one another, that I like!
11-13-2014 11:42 PM
Advertisement

HawaiiMongoose Online
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
(11-13-2014 11:25 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  The Big XII isn't inviting Colorado State.

^^^This.

But just to answer the hypothetical question, the favorite would have to be UTEP.
11-14-2014 01:55 AM
buffdog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Fresno State/CU
(11-13-2014 11:17 PM)BLEEDBLUE81 Wrote:  Utep?
You mean when Fresno State/SDSU are gone to the B12? I can't post for SDSU but I think they will get strong consideration too. Interesting that the other thread did not mention these two.

Why Fresno State?
P5 like facilities on campus:
41,000 plus stadium
15,500 plus bball arena
6,500 plus baseball stadium
2,500 plus softball stadium
20,000 plus students
Texas/Florida/California top football recruiting states
Lots of tv sets/Fresno area has population of some of the B12 states
Carries central California
Only P5 conference in CA is PAC12, room for tv competition from another P5, like the B12
Fresno sits right in the middle of the major agricultural production region in the world, plus major oil production. Resources are available.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014 03:27 AM by buffdog.)
11-14-2014 03:24 AM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-13-2014 11:25 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  The Big XII isn't inviting Colorado State.

this,
11-14-2014 08:07 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
Doesn't the horse go in front of the cart?
11-14-2014 08:14 AM
Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse

I would say at a minimum rescue UTEP from CUSA. Maybe UTSA but I don't think they would make the move as a stand alone Texas school.

Another idea is push the MWC up to 14 with UTEP, UTSA, UNT to give the MWC strong recruiting presence in Texas for UNM, AFA, WYO and Utah St. The Texas schools would be smarter to link their future to the MWC a conference you know is going to be around long term. CUSA could be subject to a lot of defections.
11-14-2014 08:34 AM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(11-14-2014 08:34 AM)Kittonhead Wrote:  

I would say at a minimum rescue UTEP from CUSA. Maybe UTSA but I don't think they would make the move as a stand alone Texas school.

Another idea is push the MWC up to 14 with UTEP, UTSA, UNT to give the MWC strong recruiting presence in Texas for UNM, AFA, WYO and Utah St. The Texas schools would be smarter to link their future to the MWC a conference you know is going to be around long term. CUSA could be subject to a lot of defections.

UTEP isn't leaving CUSA, they had a chance and decided to stay in CUSA. (but your idea of 14 is one that will be considered. It keeps the Texas Core together and putting BSU in the West division)
The easiest option is New Mexico St. While their football is bad, they bring a well rounded program in the other sports, especially basketball.
Other easiest option is Texas St.

But, I think the MW will hold at 11fb and 10 bb especailly if the CCG rules are changed. There may not be an need to add the 12th member if the MW can hold a CCG with 11.

They'll wait to see how the new benefit rules affect certain schools and if Hawaii still can hold on to football. Even then, being at 10/10 is still good.

The longer term option: Grand Canyon Univ follows through on going non-profit, starts up football and becomes a member of the MW. GCU fills the gaping hole in AZ and give the MW an in-road into the Phoenix market.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014 09:26 AM by MWC Tex.)
11-14-2014 09:20 AM
BLEEDBLUE81 Offline
Water Engineer

Get Utep and call it a day!
11-14-2014 09:42 AM
Phlipper33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas A&M
UTEP stayed in CUSA before wanting to stay with other schools in Texas. I don't think the MWC could convince them to move on their own. The idea of adding them with UTSA and UNT though surely would be worth looking into though. I'm not sure how you'd align the divisions though, somebody would need to be moved from the Mountain to the West division.

New Mexico doesn't want to be in the same conference as New Mexico St if not mistaken, so I'm not sure they could be added either. I really couldn't see Idaho getting much of a look at this time either.

If (and that's a big if) Colorado St were to join the Big 12, and no other MWC team went with them, I'm not sure they would be replaced with anyone very quickly. Texas St could be a possibility, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to do the TCU thing and be the only Texas school in a western conference. They'd probably be my first target if I was commissioner though.
11-14-2014 11:01 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2014 11:01 AM)Phlipper33 Wrote:  UTEP stayed in CUSA before wanting to stay with other schools in Texas. I don't think the MWC could convince them to move on their own. The idea of adding them with UTSA and UNT though surely would be worth looking into though. I'm not sure how you'd align the divisions though, somebody would need to be moved from the Mountain to the West division. New Mexico doesn't want to be in the same conference as New Mexico St if not mistaken, so I'm not sure they could be added either. I really couldn't see Idaho getting much of a look at this time either.

If (and that's a big if) Colorado St were to join the Big 12, and no other MWC team went with them, I'm not sure they would be replaced with anyone very quickly. Texas St could be a possibility, but I'm not sure they'd be willing to do the TCU thing and be the only Texas school in a western conference. They'd probably be my first target if I was commissioner though.

To answer your question: Boise St would move to the West division.
Also, UNM was fighting for NMSU to be added rather than USU. So they do not mind being in the same conference.
11-14-2014 11:05 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
What
11-14-2014 11:06 AM
Advertisement

Phlipper33 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Texas A&M
(11-14-2014 11:05 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  To answer your question: Boise St would move to the West division.
Also, UNM was fighting for NMSU to be added rather than USU. So they do not mind being in the same conference.

Boise seemed like the logical choice to me as well. Moving any school from one division to the other pretty much always causes at least one school to get upset though.

I may have been thinking about UTEP in regards to NMSU, or perhaps UNM just changed their previous position, but I remember a school nearby that didn't want them elevated to the same conference. Or maybe I've got false memories or just took some random poster's hypothesis as fact at some point of time.

I'm currently at work pretending to be busy while my boss is about 10 feet away so I can't look up details right now
11-14-2014 11:51 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(11-14-2014 11:51 AM)Phlipper33 Wrote:  
(11-14-2014 11:05 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  To answer your question: Boise St would move to the West division.

Boise seemed like the logical choice to me as well. Moving any school from one division to the other pretty much always causes at least one school to get upset though.

I may have been thinking about UTEP in regards to NMSU, or perhaps UNM just changed their previous position, but I remember a school nearby that didn't want them elevated to the same conference. Or maybe I've got false memories or just took some random poster's hypothesis as fact at some point of time.

I'm currently at work pretending to be busy while my boss is about 10 feet away so I can't look up details right now

Boise actually prefers to be in the west with the natural rivalries built during the Big West/WAC day (if only Hawaii would go Indy).

The upheveal the past few years can cause quite a few change of hearts. UTEP/NMSU probably don't want to be together, but for survival they'll work with each other since they play each other anyway for all the sports every year.

I think UNM and NMSU will strive to be in the same conference just as Nev and UNLV has tried for so many years and finally came together.
(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014 11:58 AM by MWC Tex.)
11-14-2014 11:57 AM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(11-14-2014 11:06 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  [Image: 0.jpg]

What

I assume you are not a Monty Python fan...
11-14-2014 12:07 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
(11-13-2014 11:41 PM)Zombiewoof Wrote:  These guys

Stephen F Austin State Univesity
11-14-2014 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.