Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Normally...
Bookmark and Share
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Normally...
... I'd start the annual BGSUcks rivalry thread.

Not this year.

I've just had it with UT football, and my interest in the program is at an all-time low.

Very likely I'll just sit at home and watch the game next Wednesday on ESPN2, so I can stay warm and go to bed whenever I want.

Sorry, but that just how I feel...
11-12-2014 08:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rocket 51 Offline
1st String

RE: Normally...
Understandable Rocket. Have to believe a lot of energy was sucked out of many of us after last night.
11-12-2014 09:01 AM
tjt1980 Offline
Special Teams

It's really hard being a fan of Toledo. The Rockets give you just enough of a taste of what they could be, but not enough to actually be something. To me, this is worse for a fan than a team that actually is nothing and has no potential. We should be winning. We routinely show flashes of what we should be. The flashes are frequent enough to keep us in big games and win insignificant games, but it always leaves us heart broken, or prevents us from enjoying a victory. It's just so damn sad.

I hate how I feel about that game last night. Even knowing that with our injury situation we had no business in that game, the loss hurts so bad. We can talk all we want about how NIU should have beat us by more with all of our injuries, but let's face it, we're only trying to make ourselves feel better about it.
11-12-2014 09:21 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(11-12-2014 08:29 AM)RangerRocket Wrote:  ... I'd start the annual BGSUcks rivalry thread.

Not this year.

I've just had it with UT football, and my interest in the program is at an all-time low.

Very likely I'll just sit at home and watch the game next Wednesday on ESPN2, so I can stay warm and go to bed whenever I want.

Sorry, but that just how I feel...

Me, too.
11-12-2014 09:50 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-12-2014 09:21 AM)tjt1980 Wrote:  It's really hard being a fan of Toledo. The Rockets give you just enough of a taste of what they could be, but not enough to actually be something. To me, this is worse for a fan than a team that actually is nothing and has no potential. We should be winning. We routinely show flashes of what we should be. The flashes are frequent enough to keep us in big games and win insignificant games, but it always leaves us heart broken, or prevents us from enjoying a victory. It's just so damn sad.

I hate how I feel about that game last night. Even knowing that with our injury situation we had no business in that game, the loss hurts so bad. We can talk all we want about how NIU should have beat us by more with all of our injuries, but let's face it, we're only trying to make ourselves feel better about it.

C'mon how many teams with winning records are playing their #4 QB, missing 3 starters on defense and an all Conference OL. Rockets wasted
3 Offensive series at the beginning of the game because of the QB situation and still put up almost 500 yds of Offense.. NIU is not a great team and was lucky to win. I'm guessing that they will lose in Kalamazoo.
Rockets need to take of BGSU and EMU.
11-12-2014 09:51 AM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Normally...
Everyone overlooks that niu has to go to Ohio as well on 6 days rest. Never easy down there, and OU is improving

I don't know that we can win out though.
11-12-2014 10:16 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-12-2014 10:16 AM)adunifon Wrote:  Everyone overlooks that niu has to go to Ohio as well on 6 days rest. Never easy down there, and OU is improving.

I don't know that we can win out though.

Not so much. They've been killed by every decent team they've played. At least by 18 points IIRC.
11-12-2014 10:19 AM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
(11-12-2014 09:21 AM)tjt1980 Wrote:  I hate how I feel about that game last night. Even knowing that with our injury situation we had no business in that game, the loss hurts so bad. We can talk all we want about how NIU should have beat us by more with all of our injuries, but let's face it, we're only trying to make ourselves feel better about it.

My thought is that we tend to sit and blame coaches and play calling and such to make ourselves feel better than we would if we'd just chalk it up to "s*** happens" or credit the other team. My heart sank the moment I tuned in and saw Julien trying to run our offense. Of course I couldn't just not watch, but I ended up watching a team with its cards stacked against them play their tails off and almost pull it off. I'm mad that they couldn't, but I'd much rather it go down that way than to watch those 3-5 win teams of the mid-2000s who couldn't pull it in the classroom, had some other problems, got dominated by other MAC opponents, and left me wondering if we'd ever field a decent team again. Those were the teams that were difficult to watch.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 10:22 AM by therockets046.)
11-12-2014 10:20 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(11-12-2014 09:51 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:21 AM)tjt1980 Wrote:  It's really hard being a fan of Toledo. The Rockets give you just enough of a taste of what they could be, but not enough to actually be something. To me, this is worse for a fan than a team that actually is nothing and has no potential. We should be winning. We routinely show flashes of what we should be. The flashes are frequent enough to keep us in big games and win insignificant games, but it always leaves us heart broken, or prevents us from enjoying a victory. It's just so damn sad.

C'mon how many teams with winning records are playing their #4 QB, missing 3 starters on defense and an all Conference OL. Rockets wasted
3 Offensive series at the beginning of the game because of the QB situation and still put up almost 500 yds of Offense.. NIU is not a great team and was lucky to win. I'm guessing that they will lose in Kalamazoo.

I dont like losing to NIU but I totally agree with Boca here! Our defense played good enough to win but our offense struggled with three QB changes.
11-12-2014 10:20 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-12-2014 10:20 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  

I dont like losing to NIU but I totally agree with Boca here! Our defense played good enough to win but our offense struggled with three QB changes.

This year you guys are just unlucky with the QB injuries. Especially unlucky since this year we were ripe for a defeat.

But hell, Toledo is still WAY ahead in the series record.
11-12-2014 10:43 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
The BG game can have huge implications. If NIU loses @ WMU( A very good chance,@OU not as likely) and UT beats BG and EMU- Rockets go to the MACC.
11-12-2014 11:22 AM
Advertisement

tolfbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo/Browns
(11-12-2014 10:20 AM)therockets046 Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:21 AM)tjt1980 Wrote:  I hate how I feel about that game last night. Even knowing that with our injury situation we had no business in that game, the loss hurts so bad. We can talk all we want about how NIU should have beat us by more with all of our injuries, but let's face it, we're only trying to make ourselves feel better about it.

My thought is that we tend to sit and blame coaches and play calling and such to make ourselves feel better than we would if we'd just chalk it up to "s*** happens" or credit the other team. My heart sank the moment I tuned in and saw Julien trying to run our offense. Of course I couldn't just not watch, but I ended up watching a team with its cards stacked against them play their tails off and almost pull it off. I'm mad that they couldn't, but I'd much rather it go down that way than to watch those 3-5 win teams of the mid-2000s who couldn't pull it in the classroom, had some other problems, got dominated by other MAC opponents, and left me wondering if we'd ever field a decent team again. Those were the teams that were difficult to watch.

THANK YOU. 01-ncaabbs
11-12-2014 11:29 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich

Let's not blame Dwight Macon.
He just might be a better player than both #2 and #3.

The Defense looked impressive most of the game too.

I think the lack of enthusiasm is understandable.
This is the most significant lack of fan support a coaching staff who has (had?) the team in 1st place has ever had in my recollection.
There has been wide displeasure voiced about the HC and his staff.
11-12-2014 01:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owen Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2014 11:22 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  The BG game can have huge implications. If NIU loses @ WMU( A very good chance,@OU not as likely) and UT beats BG and EMU- Rockets go to the MACC.

I haven't bailed on the team. I would enjoy going to Detroit for a MACC.
There are plenty of games with championship implications remaining to be played.

But watching this team is not any fun.
I have actually watched games we won and come away saying "we suck"
11-12-2014 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-12-2014 01:09 PM)owen Wrote:  I have actually watched games we won and come away saying "we suck"

You hit the nail on the head Owen. That is what is so hard figure out about the Rockets of late. Can't think of a game in recent memory where we dominated start-to-finish. We always let the other team back into the game, or we are always digging ourselves out of a hole.
11-12-2014 01:16 PM
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This might be the worst collection of MAC football teams since they set limits on scholarships.
11-12-2014 01:53 PM
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

(11-12-2014 01:53 PM)Field Turf Wrote:  This might be the worst collection of MAC football teams since they set limits on scholarships.

Amen to that!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 02:17 PM by owen.)
11-12-2014 02:17 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Again, how soon we forget 2007.
CMU won the MAC 8-6 overall record.
Trounced by NDSU 44-13 in the OOC schedule.
BSU 7-6
WMU 5-7
UT 5-7
EMU 4-8
NIU 2-10

I don't want to see any more BS about 2014 being the worst season for the MAC. That's a load of crap.
11-12-2014 02:42 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-12-2014 02:42 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Again, how soon we forget 2007.
BSU 7-6
WMU 5-7
UT 5-7
EMU 4-8
NIU 2-10

I don't want to see any more BS about 2014 being the worst season for the MAC. That's a load of crap.

Okay, second-worst season.
11-12-2014 02:54 PM
TampaRocket Online
Heisman

(11-12-2014 02:42 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Again, how soon we forget 2007.
BSU 7-6
WMU 5-7
UT 5-7
EMU 4-8
NIU 2-10

Geez...we were close to feeling like EMU fans that year.
11-12-2014 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.