Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GSU & City of Atlanta Close to reaching a deal for Turner Field
Bookmark and Share
BariBlue Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgia State
GSU & City of Atlanta Close to reaching a deal for Turner Field
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 09:14 PM by BariBlue.)
11-11-2014 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

alpha_eagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
RE: GSU & City of Atlanta Close to reaching a deal for Turner Field
(11-11-2014 08:45 PM)BariBlue Wrote:  http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/mayor-r...ld/vC2k8G/

Does this mean that the city has the acknowledgements from the Braves necessary to move forward with the deal? I would like to see this happen, as I believe GSU needs its own stadium to build its program and identity, and there's nothing worse than a bunch of derelict buildings and unused parking lots in a downtown area of a major city. No need to replicate Atlantic Station South or any other mega retail establishment that will have little patronage...it's positioned well for the university for both sports, housing, and classroom/admin buildings.

To me the only real problem is the timing of its completion, as GSU can't 'officially' take it over until 2017. Add 2+ years for construction and it'll be 2020 before the land is completely renovated.
11-12-2014 07:42 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
from the way it sounds in the interview it is almost a done deal. that would be big for you guys. ya'll need to get the hell out of the dome asap.
11-12-2014 09:05 AM
ChooChoo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-12-2014 09:05 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  from the way it sounds in the interview it is almost a done deal. that would be big for you guys. ya'll need to get the hell out of the dome asap.

Agreed. This will be huge.
11-12-2014 09:15 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
Get her done.........Georgia State,
11-12-2014 09:18 AM
tapate50 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern
(11-12-2014 09:15 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:05 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  from the way it sounds in the interview it is almost a done deal. that would be big for you guys. ya'll need to get the hell out of the dome asap.

Wait, I thought the dome was a huge recruiting tool for you guys?
11-12-2014 10:24 AM
Advertisement

TrueBlueAlum Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA Southern
(11-12-2014 10:24 AM)tapate50 Wrote:  

stop it....
11-12-2014 10:28 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(11-12-2014 10:28 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  

stop it....

+1.

if you don't want to contribute to the conversation, gtfo
11-12-2014 10:31 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN
would be a great move for Ga St, I do think the cost of long term ownership of such a large facility would be a concern...
11-12-2014 10:42 AM
tapate50 Offline
Special Teams

(11-12-2014 10:31 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  

stop it....

+1.

It would be a positive from a fan perspective for sure (the dome with 10k in it is bad), but a loss not playing in Arthurs brand new state of the art dome that was designed to be cut down for smaller crowds. It is a good move long term, no doubt but to say it doesn't have some negs is naive. Im sure there are some kids that may love the prosepect in playing in an NFL stadium. How many I have no idea, and it may not I just don't see it as sunshine and rainbows.

A baseball stadium convert into a football venue could be diffucult to get just right as well.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 10:46 AM by tapate50.)
11-12-2014 10:44 AM
ATLGSUEAGLE Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GA....SOUTHERN
(11-12-2014 10:44 AM)tapate50 Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 09:15 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  Agreed. This will be huge.

stop it....

+1.

It would be a positive from a fan perspective for sure (the dome with 10k in it is bad), but a loss not playing in Arthurs brand new state of the art dome that was designed to be cut down for smaller crowds. It is a good move long term, no doubt but to say it doesn't have some negs is naive. Im sure there are some kids that may love the prosepect in playing in an NFL stadium. How many I have no idea, and it may not I just don't see it as sunshine and rainbows.

A baseball stadium convert into a football venue could be diffucult to get just right as well.

look over Turner Field wiki site, it has 64 suites, space that is the 755 club, Delta Sky Club, etc….it was still be way to big for just about any G5 football team - I wouldn't want GS to play in a place like that regularly
11-12-2014 10:48 AM
Advertisement

ChooChoo Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-12-2014 10:48 AM)ATLGSUEAGLE Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:24 AM)tapate50 Wrote:  Wait, I thought the dome was a huge recruiting tool for you guys?

stop it....

+1.

look over Turner Field wiki site, it has 64 suites, space that is the 755 club, Delta Sky Club, etc….it was still be way to big for just about any G5 football team - I wouldn't want GS to play in a place like that regularly

There are multiple arguments for and against both venues. It comes down to which strategy serves the greater good for GSU. Buying this property with all its multipurposes and potential, then reconfiguring the stadium is the long term best scenario in the oopinion of most.
11-12-2014 11:44 AM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

(11-12-2014 11:44 AM)ChooChoo Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:28 AM)TrueBlueAlum Wrote:  stop it....

+1.

There are multiple arguments for and against both venues. It comes down to which strategy serves the greater good for GSU. Buying this property with all its multipurposes and potential, then reconfiguring the stadium is the long term best scenario in the oopinion of most.

no doubt. I'm sure they will restructure a lot of that space. I don't think they are just going to paint a football field down there and call it a day.

And having a baseball field built, as well as student housing would help give state somewhat of a campus feel that they don't really have. The plus side of this goes further than just football.
11-12-2014 12:14 PM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU

11-12-2014 02:08 PM
Tuscon Offline
Special Teams

(11-12-2014 12:14 PM)NCeagle Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:31 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  +1.

no doubt. I'm sure they will restructure a lot of that space. I don't think they are just going to paint a football field down there and call it a day.

And having a baseball field built, as well as student housing would help give state somewhat of a campus feel that they don't really have. The plus side of this goes further than just football.

Our campus feels like campus. How often are you on Georgia State campus?
11-12-2014 02:10 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(11-12-2014 02:10 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:44 AM)tapate50 Wrote:  It would be a positive from a fan perspective for sure (the dome with 10k in it is bad), but a loss not playing in Arthurs brand new state of the art dome that was designed to be cut down for smaller crowds. It is a good move long term, no doubt but to say it doesn't have some negs is naive. Im sure there are some kids that may love the prosepect in playing in an NFL stadium. How many I have no idea, and it may not I just don't see it as sunshine and rainbows.

Our campus feels like campus. How often are you on Georgia State campus?

11-12-2014 02:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(11-12-2014 10:31 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  +1.

This puts it over the top over the dome. I think the stadium is going to look weird but the it will be overall better overall for the University and especially baseball.
11-12-2014 02:12 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-12-2014 02:12 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 10:44 AM)tapate50 Wrote:  It would be a positive from a fan perspective for sure (the dome with 10k in it is bad), but a loss not playing in Arthurs brand new state of the art dome that was designed to be cut down for smaller crowds. It is a good move long term, no doubt but to say it doesn't have some negs is naive. Im sure there are some kids that may love the prosepect in playing in an NFL stadium. How many I have no idea, and it may not I just don't see it as sunshine and rainbows.

This puts it over the top over the dome. I think the stadium is going to look weird but the it will be overall better overall for the University and especially baseball.

Not being Arthur Blank's round the way girl puts it over the top.
11-12-2014 02:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tapate50 Offline
Special Teams

Hey, can someone post the Georgia State Alumni Footprints video?

TIA.
11-12-2014 02:17 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(11-12-2014 02:17 PM)tapate50 Wrote:  Hey, can someone post the Georgia State Alumni Footprints video?

TIA.

Sure...give me a minute...
11-12-2014 02:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.