UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How in the world did Bill Clark turn around UAB's football program so fast?
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
How in the world did Bill Clark turn around UAB's football program so fast?
11-11-2014 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
RE: How in the world did Bill Clark turn around UAB's football program so fast?
Clark is a better coach than UAB has been ordered to hire (Callaway) or hired short term (McGee). He has improved the record by better coaching, but to REALLY "turn the program around", Clark would be the first to tell you his staff will need competitive facilities comparable to those already in place at all our conference competitors. These cost MONEY in sizable amounts from our own coffers or from donations (like those that make the AU and UA programs so successful). So far, UAB has essentially "made do" with what it had in 1990 with only a renovated Bell Gym weight room added after 2006.

The idea that "good coaching" can overcome all physical obstacles is wishful thinking combined with ignoring what has produced success elsewhere. Not every program can match the spending levels of AU & UA - and Oregon - but NONE has succeeded at the level of facility development of UAB. Regardless of the outcome of the current "study", if UAB is not able to build facilities to match what its competition already has in place, we won't be able to "turn the program around' under ANY coach.
11-11-2014 01:21 PM
nicknitro19 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Coach Clark is an excellent coach he has experience, so he is able to motivate the players to challenge themselves and achieve. Plus our last offensive coordinator Mcgee, who never grew up to be a head coach, left Coach Clark with some excellent players on offense. If we can get one more year of Clark our defense will soon be up to the challenge.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 01:41 PM by nicknitro19.)
11-11-2014 01:40 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We finally hired a coach who was a proven winner and knew what he was doing, that's how.
11-11-2014 02:31 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-11-2014 02:31 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  We finally hired a coach who was a proven winner and knew what he was doing, that's how.

What he said! Now the turdstains on that board want to throw a systematic monkey wrench into his work and effect on our fan base, only this move is going to cause widespread carnage...& they could care less as long as their crimson crud football team is "protected" from the "threat" of UAB Football...They make me 03-puke
11-11-2014 02:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.