Quarterback depth tested for Rockets

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/446036
11-11-2014 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: NIU's 5 storylines to watch
“This game with NIU is, on paper, a rivalry,” Myers said. “Do we think of it as one? No.
11-11-2014 10:24 AM
Advertisement

BDV27 Offline
1st String

(11-11-2014 10:24 AM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  “This game with NIU is, on paper, a rivalry,” Myers said. “Do we think of it as one? No.

That concerns me that any Rocket ( PLAYER, COACH OR FAN) would NOT consider NIU a rival. In my opinion since they are in our Division, they are more a rival than BG now. We can't win a MAC with out winning our division first.
11-11-2014 11:00 AM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

In agreement. Especially because the buzzsaw that's derailed every season the last four years has been NIU.

Hopefully they realize how important this game is.

(11-11-2014 11:00 AM)BDV27 Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 10:24 AM)rocketinchitown Wrote:  “This game with NIU is, on paper, a rivalry,” Myers said. “Do we think of it as one? No.

That concerns me that any Rocket ( PLAYER, COACH OR FAN) would NOT consider NIU a rival. In my opinion since they are in our Division, they are more a rival than BG now. We can't win a MAC with out winning our division first.
11-11-2014 11:12 AM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
BG is our chief (only IMO ) rival. I celebrate every win over BG. Can't tell you a single result over NIU apart from revenue sports. A one sport rivalry is not a rivalry at all. I usually attend every BG revenue game and two or three non-revenue sports every year. Next time I go to Northern for any event will be my first. I respect what NIU has done the last few years in football but I'm a sports fan, not a football fan.
11-11-2014 11:16 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-11-2014 11:16 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  BG is our chief (only IMO ) rival. I celebrate every win over BG. Can't tell you a single result over NIU apart from revenue sports. A one sport rivalry is not a rivalry at all. I usually attend every BG revenue game and two or three non-revenue sports every year. Next time I go to Northern for any event will be my first. I respect what NIU has done the last few years in football but I'm a sports fan, not a football fan.

BGSUX is the Rockets' rival.
11-11-2014 11:29 AM
rocketinchitown Offline
1st String

Once we make it 5 straight wins in football, BGSUX will hardly be thought of as a rival.
11-11-2014 11:31 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
UC and Iowa State were awesome crowds, and because of weather WMU and KSU had hardly anyone. This game will have an environment at least. The best MAC crowd we've seen so far... minus all of ours which soar over 17k ... gosh that's sad.
11-11-2014 11:58 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-11-2014 11:58 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  UC and Iowa State were awesome crowds, and because of weather WMU and KSU had hardly anyone. This game will have an environment at least. The best MAC crowd we've seen so far... minus all of ours which soar over 17k ... gosh that's sad.

One of the worst seasons weather wise I've seen for college football.
11-11-2014 12:11 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(11-11-2014 11:16 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  BG is our chief (only IMO ) rival. I celebrate every win over BG. Can't tell you a single result over NIU apart from revenue sports. A one sport rivalry is not a rivalry at all. I usually attend every BG revenue game and two or three non-revenue sports every year. Next time I go to Northern for any event will be my first. I respect what NIU has done the last few years in football but I'm a sports fan, not a football fan.

In regards to Football, NIU is our main rival and BG is our traditional rival. As an ex Rocket, anyone who stands in the way of us winning a MAC Championship is our rival. Right now that is NIU. When we play BG next week and in the MAC Championship game, my opinion will change LOL
11-11-2014 12:38 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

(11-11-2014 12:38 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

In regards to Football, NIU is our main rival and BG is our traditional rival. As an ex Rocket, anyone who stands in the way of us winning a MAC Championship is our rival. Right now that is NIU. When we play BG next week and in the MAC Championship game, my opinion will change LOL

Regarding this comment: "Can't tell you a single result over NIU apart from revenue sports"

I can't tell you a single result against ANY school apart from the revenue Sports.
11-11-2014 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.