Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTSA Suffers a Failure in Leadership
Bookmark and Share
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
UTSA Suffers a Failure in Leadership
Fantastic article that pretty much sums up UTSA's season and the epic letdown felt by the fan base. I was no more than a stones throw away from the author at the Rice game and everything was 100% spot on.

http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/11/1...leadership
11-10-2014 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
RE: UTSA Suffers a Failure in Leadership
I will say that I was baffled by that punt decision in the 4th...although UTSA was close to scoring again before the final fumble, so maybe it would have worked out otherwise.
11-10-2014 03:19 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

(11-10-2014 03:19 PM)07owl Wrote:  I will say that I was baffled by that punt decision in the 4th...although UTSA was close to scoring again before the final fumble, so maybe it would have worked out otherwise.

I think everyone on the UTSA side of the stadium was. It really seemed like the staff was going for the respectful loss as opposed to the win.
11-10-2014 03:30 PM
Kingkong13 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cusa
Keep your heads up. Programs young but will bounce back.
11-10-2014 03:58 PM
Advertisement

randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
you guys copied UTEP, too well. One of these days, once we figure it out, we will show you the way. Picks up, beep beep!!!!
11-10-2014 04:17 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
(11-10-2014 03:19 PM)07owl Wrote:  I will say that I was baffled by that punt decision in the 4th...although UTSA was close to scoring again before the final fumble, so maybe it would have worked out otherwise.

I was also scratching my head on the Runners' last play for the first half. It worked out very well for Rice, but was an odd play for UTSA to call.

In a not-too-distant past, Rice would have snatched that defeat from the jaws of victory.
11-10-2014 04:32 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-10-2014 03:58 PM)Kingkong13 Wrote:  Keep your heads up. Programs young but will bounce back.

wish I could say the same thing for UAB after those bast***s in Tuscaloosa put another dagger in our program's back!
11-10-2014 08:46 PM
Advertisement

demiveeman Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk Award
Trust me guys...you don't know what lack of leadership is.

03-banghead
11-10-2014 09:11 PM
paintedblue Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Good article. He mentioned the loss of three team leaders to graduation. I'm not intending to take a shot at them, but one of the traits of a good leader is mentoring your eventual replacement. The coaching staff must cultivate the continual replacement of team leaders and if they fail to do that it reflects poorly on their leadership abilities.
11-10-2014 11:41 PM
Deuce Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
(11-10-2014 09:11 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Trust me guys...you don't know what lack of leadership is.

03-banghead

Good point.

Sometimes, you just aren't as good as you'd like to be. 03-melodramatic
11-11-2014 08:30 AM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 08:30 AM)Deuce Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 09:11 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  Trust me guys...you don't know what lack of leadership is.

03-banghead

Good point.

I think he's referring to the lack of leadership (but no lack of silence and evasion) at UAB from the athletic department and administration in lieu of a so-called "study" that may prompt the UA Board Of Trustees to shut down our football program. UTSA is going to be fine, you are well on your way to enjoying the fruits of your labors, you're gonna hit a pothole from time to time, but you have enough support across the board to keep on beepin! UAB has enemies in high and low places, and possibly from within.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 05:01 PM by Matrix.)
11-11-2014 04:59 PM
Deuce Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
(11-11-2014 04:59 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

03-banghead

Good point.

I think he's referring to the lack of leadership (but no lack of silence and evasion) at UAB from the athletic department and administration in lieu of a so-called "study" that may prompt the UA Board Of Trustees to shut down our football program. UTSA is going to be fine, you are well on your way to enjoying the fruits of your labors, you're gonna hit a pothole from time to time, but you have enough support across the board to keep on beepin! UAB has enemies in high and low places, and possibly from within.

gotcha. I missed that because I was so focused on our own issues. UAB definitely appears to be getting (continuing to get?) a raw deal from the BOT.

Here's hoping things work out in the Blazers' favor.
11-11-2014 05:36 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
UTSA is going through growing pains and about to lose their first large senior class. May be a little bit of a rebuild for a couple years. UTSA has the fan support to be ok
11-11-2014 06:33 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2014 05:36 PM)Deuce Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 04:59 PM)Matrix Wrote:  

03-banghead

Good point.

gotcha. I missed that because I was so focused on our own issues. UAB definitely appears to be getting (continuing to get?) a raw deal from the BOT.

Here's hoping things work out in the Blazers' favor.

Thanks, Deuce. I'm not very optimistic about our team's chances for survival, this has been brewing ever since we got the team in the first place, they were locked and loaded to do whatever they can to (bleep) on our program and keep it in a hopeless and inferior state, then along comes Coach Bill Clark, and he's worked magic on this team, which is what those toads on that board do not want to see, so they're trying to blitzkrieg our football program as soon as possible. Our school president and AD have said nothing, done nothing to show open support for the football team, their tails are tucked between their legs. The longer there's no open show of support and no posted 2016 game schedule, odds are this will not end well at all. Stand by if that happens...The **** is going to hit the fan!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 05:43 PM by Matrix.)
11-12-2014 05:40 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

(11-11-2014 06:33 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  UTSA is going through growing pains and about to lose their first large senior class. May be a little bit of a rebuild for a couple years. UTSA has the fan support to be ok

We are flushing the remaining FCS recruits after this year. The guys behind them (including many of the non senior starters) have more talent. It may be a down year overall but I think we will definitely be better than this year.
11-12-2014 06:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.