Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

USM football is an absolute joke and an embarassment to CUSA.
Bookmark and Share
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
USM football is an absolute joke and an embarassment to CUSA.
I have tried to keep quiet about USM football. Yes, we lost our starting qb, but so what. We pay a coach $800,000 a year to have a backup ready. Todd Monken is a joke. He doesn't have a f'n clue how to coach a team to a win. I am sick and tired of reading how we would have won if Mullens hadn't have gotten hurt. ******** Monken is supposed to be a great QB coach. Sorry, but he doesn't have a f'n clue. Sorry fellow CUSA teams, but USM is a joke. I don't see it getting any better soon. Those USM fans that tried to run USM football with their money, got their just rewards and they got a joke of a program in return. I am at least happy they got their just rewards.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 05:22 PM by MTPiKapp.)
11-09-2014 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
RE: USM football is an absolute joke and an embarassment to CUSA.
Calm down smokey. Your team is better now than it has been in 3 years. I dont care much for your coach and his gameplan vs Marshall with the onside kicks etc but you are better off than you have been in a while. If you dont win 6 games next season then you have complaints.
11-09-2014 04:56 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2014 04:56 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Calm down smokey. Your team is better now than it has been in 3 years. I dont care much for your coach and his gameplan vs Marshall with the onside kicks etc but you are better off than you have been in a while. If you dont win 6 games next season then you have complaints.

Marshall is a great team and very deserving of a major bowl this year. That said, I have been a USM fan since before you could probably count to five. The USM team I supported beat Bama, LSU, Georgia, FSU, Auburn and other great programs. I have no beef with you, becuase Marshall has a great history also. What you don't know about is what has happened on the inside of the USM program by a few supporters that decided they knew what was best for USM football and they destroyed USM football. Now I have to read about how we are slowly becoming better. Bullcrap. I have had enough. Good luck to Marshall and other CUSA teams, but I have had it with this USM program. Those the decided that CUSA titles, bowl games and winning seasons weren't good enough, killed USM football. They can have it now. Screw it.
11-09-2014 05:04 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
You guys will get back, it will just take time, and make the reward of a bowl even sweeter.

Hang in there, Golden Eagles
11-09-2014 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2014 05:04 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  You guys will get back, it will just take time, and make the reward of a bowl even sweeter.

Have always respected Memphis and the rivalry between USM and Memphis. Unfortunately that rivalry is dead, just like USM football is dead.
11-09-2014 05:06 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I see progress. I think next year USM will be really good.
11-09-2014 05:07 PM
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-09-2014 05:06 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 05:04 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  You guys will get back, it will just take time, and make the reward of a bowl even sweeter.

Have always respected Memphis and the rivalry between USM and Memphis. Unfortunately that rivalry is dead, just like USM football is dead.

I had those same thoughts 2009-2013...seriously.
11-09-2014 05:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2014 05:07 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  I see progress. I think next year USM will be really good.

I am happy for Tech fans and Skip Holtz. I have much respect for LaTech and Holtz. Unfortunately, I don't have any respect for USM football right now. Losing your starting qb should not cut the balls off of your team. That is why you pay a head coach $800,000 a year to be prepared for that event.
11-09-2014 05:10 PM
T_Won1 Offline
All American

(11-09-2014 05:10 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 05:07 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  I see progress. I think next year USM will be really good.

I am happy for Tech fans and Skip Holtz. I have much respect for LaTech and Holtz. Unfortunately, I don't have any respect for USM football right now. Losing your starting qb should not cut the balls off of your team. That is why you pay a head coach $800,000 a year to be prepared for that event.

A good QB in college football is HUGE. Most teams don't have 2 of them.

IMO, USM needs to shore up that defense and start playing defense like they did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. That's how you are going to dominate this league again. You can recruit the guys to do it.
11-09-2014 05:16 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2014 05:16 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  

IMO, USM needs to shore up that defense and start playing defense like they did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Those with the money and ear of the AD decided to fire the coach that coached the defense you refer to. Now we suffer their stupidity.
11-09-2014 05:20 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Sorry ERC, The role to embarass the conference was filled in perfectly by ODU i see good days ahead for Southern Miss. Eventually ODU will grow but for now that role is ours to lose.
11-09-2014 05:26 PM
Advertisement

T_Won1 Offline
All American

(11-09-2014 05:20 PM)EagleRockCafe Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 05:16 PM)T_Won1 Wrote:  

IMO, USM needs to shore up that defense and start playing defense like they did in the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Those with the money and ear of the AD decided to fire the coach that coached the defense you refer to. Now we suffer their stupidity.

I know, but that's the right formula for USM. That defense is what teams feared and got all those winning seasons. That's "USM football", imo. Southern Miss is big badasses, not a finesse offense and no defense.
11-09-2014 05:29 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Eaglerock, I feel your pain. You traded tough for sexy with the hat and Moken is kind of the same thing. He'll bring flash on offense when he gets his players, but your defense is just bad even though I think you have athletes on that side of the ball.

Maybe you don't need a HC change, just the right DC. That's what has taken Marshall from a high scoring 5-7 team to a high scoring 9-0 team. Doc gets the players, but now we have a DC that keeps us in games until the offense gets clicking. You guys came out with a good game plan, but our defensive staff was able to adjust on the fly and shut it down.

I don't blame your coach for not having a good backup QB, he really hasn't had time to recruit. You can blame Weeks on however gave him a scholarship.
11-09-2014 05:40 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-09-2014 04:56 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  Calm down smokey. Your team is better now than it has been in 3 years. I dont care much for your coach and his gameplan vs Marshall with the onside kicks etc but you are better off than you have been in a while. If you dont win 6 games next season then you have complaints.

I understand erc's frustration....however, the lack of understanding is inexcusable....the infrastructure meltdown over the last few years just can't be fixed overnight.....so many within our fan base are spoiled little piggies that wallow in their slop.....and in their mind, that slop doesn't stink....

just another 'oh well' moment in the 'burg.....I've lived here too long and listened to it even longer (figuratively)

I guess in my perfect world, I would click my heels together and think southern miss football is the center of the universe.....then I would repeatedly punch myself as a reminder that it isn't even on the grid of shite that matters when it comes to making dollars.....hell, if it wasn't for the fluke of brett favre, most wouldn't have a clue who southern miss was.....they would view it as lipstick on their pecker.....pretty close to what we are now....

maybe, as austin davis (just tossed) another touchdown pass, we can offer a more current reminder of the class of athlete we have had over the last few decades....

at this point, that's all that's left to enjoy as far as I'm concerned.....hell, we may not be able to field a hoops team in a month....

in a few years, if monk can't right this 'cluster' of '**** then maybe it's a valid giving him grief......but, only a dipshite would even ponder the thought today....
11-09-2014 05:46 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(11-09-2014 05:40 PM)banker Wrote:  Eaglerock, I feel your pain. You traded tough for sexy with the hat and Moken is kind of the same thing. He'll bring flash on offense when he gets his players, but your defense is just bad even though I think you have athletes on that side of the ball.

Maybe you don't need a HC change, just the right DC. That's what has taken Marshall from a high scoring 5-7 team to a high scoring 9-0 team. Doc gets the players, but now we have a DC that keeps us in games until the offense gets clicking. You guys came out with a good game plan, but our defensive staff was able to adjust on the fly and shut it down.

I don't blame your coach for not having a good backup QB, he really hasn't had time to recruit. You can blame Weeks on however gave him a scholarship.

I actually AGREE with bankers last post above. Personal experience tells me he's right. USM should look for a defense. Back in 2012, LA Tech led the nation in scoring AVERAGING 52 points a game. But we couldn't stop a fly. Even though we won 9 games, it was always by silly scores of 55-51, or 52-49. Crap like that. And yes, we LOST an important showdown against Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M 59-57 that season.

Then, along comes Manny Diaz in 2014, and we actually have a defense for the first time in a decade at LA Tech. A REAL defense. I can't tell you how much better it is to KNOW that your defense can actually STOP people --good teams-- DEAD IN THEIR TRACKS, and that your offense won't have to score 60 points to win a game.
11-09-2014 05:49 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-09-2014 05:49 PM)HogDawg Wrote:  [quote='banker' pid='11354418' dateline='1415572814']
Eaglerock, I feel your pain. You traded tough for sexy with the hat and Moken is kind of the same thing. He'll bring flash on offense when he gets his players, but your defense is just bad even though I think you have athletes on that side of the ball.

the premise of the thread can only be deemed as another smh momento.....it's just silly stupid.....
11-09-2014 05:55 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
I keep waiting on USM to look like USM again. It's gonna happen eventually.
11-09-2014 06:14 PM
Greg H Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
It wasn't so very long ago Marshall was 3-9. I assume you would like to be where we are now. USM is one of very few in our conference capable of that kind of turnaround. We know it sucks, but keep the faith.
11-09-2014 08:27 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-09-2014 05:26 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  Sorry ERC, The role to embarass the conference was filled in perfectly by ODU i see good days ahead for Southern Miss. Eventually ODU will grow but for now that role is ours to lose.

We aren't in last place. What in the hell are you talkin' about?
11-09-2014 08:29 PM
77Herd11 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Herd
USM will return. I know it's hard to hear that it will take time. The Snyder years were tough for us to watch. Hang in. USM has a proud tradition. I have a lot of respect for USM and what you guys have done over the years.
11-09-2014 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.