Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Bowl Travel Planning
Bookmark and Share
Adamcsy Offline
2nd String

I Root For: U of M
Bowl Travel Planning
How great is it that we even get to have this conversation about planning for traveling to a bowl game?

That being said, looking for some input on how I should arrange my holiday travel as it relates to our bowl odds. I believe it may be too pricey to wait until we are confirmed for a specific bowl to buy my plane ticket.

So, what does MT.org suggest I do to give myself the best chance of attending a bowl game while I am home for holiday travel?
11-09-2014 02:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigerFan Offline
The People's Photographer

I Root For: Tigers!

Donators
RE: Bowl Travel Planning
unfortunately you have no choice but to wait. It is still open to a few locations we could be sent, so you really can't buy flights yet.
11-09-2014 09:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-09-2014 02:07 AM)Adamcsy Wrote:  How great is it that we even get to have this conversation about planning for traveling to a bowl game?

That being said, looking for some input on how I should arrange my holiday travel as it relates to our bowl odds. I believe it may be too pricey to wait until we are confirmed for a specific bowl to buy my plane ticket.

So, what does MT.org suggest I do to give myself the best chance of attending a bowl game while I am home for holiday travel?

Wish I could help you, but I have no idea where we may go bowling. All I do know is, doesn't matter where or when, me and the Mrs. will be there. What a great feeling. We have a coach that actually knows what he's doing and an administration that FINALLYrealizes the importance of football. And yes, it is indeed a great time to be a Tiger.
11-09-2014 10:34 AM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Based on this list on the link below, here are the apparent options. I like Fort Worth and St. Petersburg and maybe Miami.

Fort Worth, TX
Miami, FL
Birmingham, AL
St. Petersburg, FL
Annapolis, MD

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/college-...hedule.php
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 10:53 AM by DallasTiger.)
11-09-2014 10:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-09-2014 10:53 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Based on this list on the link below, here are the apparent options. I like Fort Worth and St. Petersburg and maybe Miami.

Fort Worth, TX
Miami, FL
Birmingham, AL
St. Petersburg, FL
Annapolis, MD

We could also, conceivably, end up in the Independence Bowl if it's not filled...
11-09-2014 11:15 AM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

The Mud Dogs are going to the Bourbon Bowl!
11-09-2014 11:19 AM
Advertisement

Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(11-09-2014 11:15 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 10:53 AM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Based on this list on the link below, here are the apparent options. I like Fort Worth and St. Petersburg and maybe Miami.

Fort Worth, TX
Miami, FL
Birmingham, AL
St. Petersburg, FL
Annapolis, MD

We could also, conceivably, end up in the Independence Bowl if it's not filled...

That and the Birmingham Bowl are my favorite choices. I would love to know how much say the AAC and UofM have in the placements. More important, I hope Tiger fans will make maximum effort to attend our bowl wherever it is. Very important for our school and conference to travel well to bowls. FANS have much to do with how far an athletic program can go.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 11:41 AM by Gray Avenger.)
11-09-2014 11:29 AM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
The problem is that most conferences have slotted bowl positions, but we have none, b/c we couldn't nail down a good bowl for our champ. But even with the other conferences, they have gone to bowl groupings, rather than defined slots, so it's just impossible for anybody to plan ahead.
11-09-2014 11:33 AM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
5 spots for up to 6 teams. Should be a spot to place an extra though. There are a lot of bowls out there.

Memphis
ECU
UCF
Houston
Temple
Cincinnati
11-09-2014 12:19 PM
Swearingen20 Offline
1st String

The Birmingham Bowl seems like the #1 option for the Tigers by most of the bowl projections. CBS updated their projections this morning and they have Memphis vs South Carolina playing in Birmingham. However, there is also a strong interest for the Tigers to play in the Independence Bowl. The Independence Bowl would be perfect for me!!!

I have seen on a few different sites that Memphis could fill a spot in the Cactus Bowl. I would hate that location, BUT the payout is $3.3 million and would be fun for the players and the game is on Jan 2nd. Plus, we would get to play a power 5 school. This would be a long shot for the Tigers to get the invite.

The Director of the Liberty Bowl was on the radio the other day and he said if Memphis wins out, there might even be an option to get the Tigers here. It also sounded like he was pimping out the Liberty Bowl to do what ever it takes to get the VOLS to come to Memphis for the game. It's been a LONGGGGGG time since we went to a bowl, so I'm ready to go see the Tigers play in an out of town bowl game. However, it sure would be cool to see the Liberty Bowl packed with Memphis fans for the bowl game we have always wanted to go to.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2014 02:41 PM by Swearingen20.)
11-09-2014 12:23 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

The Liberty Bowl pushers have no shame.
11-09-2014 12:34 PM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Birmingham would be my choice, because it would let my family get through Christmas without interruption.
11-09-2014 12:45 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Bring on the Blazers!!!
11-09-2014 02:56 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
Wonder what the AZLB payout is, and if we would get the same payout that the BigXII participant would get that we would be replacing?
11-09-2014 05:33 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-09-2014 05:33 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Wonder what the AZLB payout is, and if we would get the same payout that the BigXII participant would get that we would be replacing?

This source says $1.4M+, and no, we would not get as big a payout. If backups are used, they get some lesser amount.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_...edule.html
11-09-2014 05:59 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Play south carolina where ever we can.
11-09-2014 06:00 PM
Advertisement

FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(11-09-2014 05:59 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 05:33 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Wonder what the AZLB payout is, and if we would get the same payout that the BigXII participant would get that we would be replacing?

This source says $1.4M+, and no, we would not get as big a payout. If backups are used, they get some lesser amount.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bowl_...edule.html

TripleA, what's your take on going to the Cactus Bowl... the payout is HUGE at $3M plus! Our program could certainly use some of the P5 big money.
11-09-2014 06:41 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(11-09-2014 12:45 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  Birmingham would be my choice, because it would let my family get through Christmas without interruption.

03-lmfao Me too...Jan 3, Sat at noon is perfect.

My work hates requests off during the holidays, so Jan 3 is fine.

Sat at noon is perfect for folks driving in the morning, and driving home after.

It's just works out...I want that bowl so bad.
11-09-2014 06:51 PM
UofMemphis Away

Donators
(11-09-2014 02:56 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Bring on the Blazers!!!

Are you still b@&$ing about schlabach's opinion? damn...
11-09-2014 06:53 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(11-09-2014 06:53 PM)UofMemphis Wrote:  
(11-09-2014 02:56 PM)Brother Bluto Wrote:  Bring on the Blazers!!!

Are you still b@&$ing about schlabach's opinion? damn...

Working again tonight ?
11-09-2014 07:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.