Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Podcast: ESPN.com's ACC Blogger Andrea Adelson talks ACC football
Villecard Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
Her interview discusses the UofL-FSU game, the surprise teams (BC and GT), the "SEC Bias", the CFB Playoff, and surging Duke.

If you'd like to listen, the interview begins at 47:40.
11-05-2014 11:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: Podcast: ESPN.com's ACC Blogger Andrea Adelson talks ACC football
I was surprised that she admitted to SEC Bias.
11-06-2014 06:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
The only way to cure sec bias is for the acc to step up.

Beat the chickens, gators, wildcats and leg humpers at the end of the year.

Stop hiring subpar coaches (e.g. UNC hiring Tommy Bowden castaways).

Invest in facilities to help recruiting.

Hire proven coaches with charisma to get fans excited about football.

Take care of business out of conference. Don't schedule all cream puffs but don't play teams like Oregon unless you're a perennial top ten team.
11-06-2014 07:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nole Offline
1st String

I Root For: FSU
ESPN has an SEC grad covering the ACC.

And that is the LEAST problematic of all ACC issues when it comes to the ESPN SEC bias.

THAT is how bad the ACC/ESPN situation is.

ACC football is the Big East in this new world. Over time, these coverage issues will be a huge anchor on ACC football. Thankfully, Swofford doesn't give a @#$@#.
11-06-2014 09:26 AM
Advertisement

Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(11-06-2014 07:40 AM)ren.hoek Wrote:  The only way to cure sec bias is for the acc to step up.

Beat the chickens, gators, wildcats and leg humpers at the end of the year.

Stop hiring subpar coaches (e.g. UNC hiring Tommy Bowden castaways).

Invest in facilities to help recruiting.

Hire proven coaches with charisma to get fans excited about football.

Take care of business out of conference. Don't schedule all cream puffs but don't play teams like Oregon unless you're a perennial top ten team.

FSU is 3-1 in last four games vs uf and 5-1 when including bowl wins over scar and aub the last several years. FSU still doesn't get the respect of some half-season wonder like miss st despite being defending champs and returning last year's heisman winner. You can't expect lesser teams than FSU to end any bias if FSU can't.

With that said, everything else you mention must happen for the acc to be respected in general. Thing is, most those schools don't care and/or don't agree with that logic. Which is odd, because it's the blueprint the sec laid out, especially in regards to scheduling.
11-06-2014 10:18 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
that blueprint is right on. As a UL fan I think we are on that road, I hope others in our conference view it that way for us, and put pressure on their own program to do the same.

We finish with UK this year, decent chance playing SEC team in bowl, then open next year with Auburn in Atlanta in kickoff classic, so we have a chance to do our part.
11-07-2014 01:28 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
(11-07-2014 01:28 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  that blueprint is right on. As a UL fan I think we are on that road, I hope others in our conference view it that way for us, and put pressure on their own program to do the same.

We finish with UK this year, decent chance playing SEC team in bowl, then open next year with Auburn in Atlanta in kickoff classic, so we have a chance to do our part.

Even though most consider Louisville in regards to athletics as a "Basketball School" we take our Football seriously and the way Tom Jurich, Bob Petrino and the Louisville Alums/Fanbase they will not settle until they are serious Title Contenders.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2014 04:15 PM by Maize.)
11-07-2014 04:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.