[Image: 635507402576786131-Governor-Race-ONLINE.png]
11-05-2014 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: Ohio
Was Fitzgerald even that good of a candidate?
11-05-2014 02:34 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Now my question if it's that good of a result for Kasich.. does that put him in the upper level of Presidential candidates in 2016? Or was Fitzgerald a "throw away" democrat?
11-05-2014 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
First was the poor fundraising, then a report that he was found by police in a car at 4:30 a.m. with a woman who was not his wife -- and that he didn't have a driver's license for a decade -- and finally nearly all of his top campaign staff deserting him. FitzGerald's collapse is all the more remarkable -- and worrisome for Democrats -- for a few reasons.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-...itzgerald/
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 02:51 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
11-05-2014 02:50 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Kasich... won... Cleveland???
11-05-2014 02:52 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-05-2014 02:48 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Now my question if it's that good of a result for Kasich.. does that put him in the upper level of Presidential candidates in 2016? Or was Fitzgerald a "throw away" democrat?

Kasich, first 2 years he was a little unpopular with some, but he really turned Ohio around.
It is stunning that he won by 64/46 in a state like this. How won Hamilton, Cuyuhoaga, Mahoning, Franklin counties. Wow.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/ka...y-g/nfJYw/
FAIRFIELD —

Gov. John Kasich said the key to turning a potential $8 billion deficit into a $1.5 billion surplus is that “nobody gets a deal,” a lesson he said he learned growing up in Pennsylvania.

Kasich was the keynote speaker Friday night when hundreds of Republicans packed the top floor of the Oscar Event Center in Fairfield for the Butler County Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner, the party’s largest fundraiser. He said a key to balancing the state’s budget and working toward a surplus is to not cut anybody breaks.
11-05-2014 03:03 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-05-2014 02:52 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  Kasich... won... Cleveland???

Amazing, I know.
11-05-2014 03:04 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I was very skeptical of him the first 2 years, but the last 2 years I've been much more impressed with his work. I don't agree with how he has gotten things done, but they have worked and there is something to say about that.
11-05-2014 03:05 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-05-2014 03:05 PM)mlb Wrote:  I was very skeptical of him the first 2 years, but the last 2 years I've been much more impressed with his work. I don't agree with how he has gotten things done, but they have worked and there is something to say about that.

Same here. I would not be surprised if he tests the waters relative to 2016
11-05-2014 03:10 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Kasich has no shot at pres.

That map is only the result of a poor opponent and the largest gap ever in the age of voters. And add to that the mid-term. Not really surprising at all.
11-05-2014 03:12 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
(11-05-2014 03:12 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Kasich has no shot at pres.

That map is only the result of a poor opponent and the largest gap ever in the age of voters. And add to that the mid-term. Not really surprising at all.

I mean, I know the black turnout was probably low, but how the hell does a democrat manage to lose Cleveland? That would be like losing Philadelphia. Kasich wasn't even pretending to be a liberal or even a moderate, LOLZ.
11-05-2014 03:16 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-05-2014 03:16 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  

I mean, I know the black turnout was probably low, but how the hell does a democrat manage to lose Cleveland? That would be like losing Philadelphia. Kasich wasn't even pretending to be a liberal or even a moderate, LOLZ.

Losing Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown etc.
It is pretty historic. And Tom, you are wrong on both of your points.
11-05-2014 03:21 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
For a guy that the Democrats (and unions) have tried to destroy for the past 4 years, he sure won easily. How come the Democrats couldn't find a decent candidate over the past 4 years, Tom?

I'm of the opinion that he won handily thanks to his fiscal stances. The RNC could learn a thing or 2 from him, IMO.
11-05-2014 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(11-05-2014 03:23 PM)mlb Wrote:  For a guy that the Democrats (and unions) have tried to destroy for the past 4 years, he sure won easily. How come the Democrats couldn't find a decent candidate over the past 4 years, Tom?

I'm of the opinion that he won handily thanks to his fiscal stances. The RNC could learn a thing or 2 from him, IMO.

Democrats are idiots...I could never explain their thought processes...if they actually have any.
11-05-2014 03:24 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
(11-05-2014 03:03 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 02:48 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Now my question if it's that good of a result for Kasich.. does that put him in the upper level of Presidential candidates in 2016? Or was Fitzgerald a "throw away" democrat?

Kasich, first 2 years he was a little unpopular with some, but he really turned Ohio around.
It is stunning that he won by 64/46 in a state like this. How won Hamilton, Cuyuhoaga, Mahoning, Franklin counties. Wow.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/ka...y-g/nfJYw/
FAIRFIELD —

Gov. John Kasich said the key to turning a potential $8 billion deficit into a $1.5 billion surplus is that “nobody gets a deal,” a lesson he said he learned growing up in Pennsylvania.

Kasich was the keynote speaker Friday night when hundreds of Republicans packed the top floor of the Oscar Event Center in Fairfield for the Butler County Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner, the party’s largest fundraiser. He said a key to balancing the state’s budget and working toward a surplus is to not cut anybody breaks.

He's really a different guy as governor than he was as representative.
11-05-2014 03:58 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Inclined to agree, but I'll say this: his chances of getting elected President 2 years from now are much better than his chances of winning re-election by 64-33 seemed to be 2 years ago.
11-05-2014 04:01 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
The fact that Kasich won Cleveland is amazing.
11-05-2014 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.