Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Can you smell what the Rockhead is cooking?!
Bookmark and Share
Wulfegang Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Marshall
Can you smell what the Rockhead is cooking?!
Devon "Rockhead" Johnson highlights called by WWE commentators! Thanks to gochneaur645 from the Herd Fans forums for making this.

11-04-2014 01:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Can you smell what the Rockhead is cooking?!
We want that guy for the Dallas Cowboys.
11-04-2014 01:53 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-04-2014 01:53 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  We want that guy for the Dallas Cowboys.

me thinks the cowpokies are okay in that dept....the rest is debatable....

I see the same gameplan coming where we focus on dj and dare cato to perform....

you have to pick one of 'em, and cato is starting to feel the pressure.....

book us stacking the run and you guys having to pass to make it happen...

disclaimer: not saying that cato can't do it.....just sayin' he is going to have to.....doc knows this already....so does cato....
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 04:22 PM by stinkfist.)
11-04-2014 04:10 PM
dude_miner Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTEP
That RB exemplifies the term "beast mode". Keep on runnin' over 'em, DJ.
11-04-2014 04:17 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-04-2014 04:17 PM)dude_miner Wrote:  That RB exemplifies the term "beast mode". Keep on runnin' over 'em, DJ.

He will.
11-04-2014 04:54 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-04-2014 04:54 PM)shiftyeagle Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 04:17 PM)dude_miner Wrote:  That RB exemplifies the term "beast mode". Keep on runnin' over 'em, DJ.

He will.

at least we know it's official now....

incestual sig bet?

rushing yds o/u is 133.5

rushing attempts o/u is 20.5

tiebreaker (if req'd): receiving yds o/u is 21.5

you pick 'em, I book it.....

sig value = anything allowable per the aup

ya up to it???
11-04-2014 05:17 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

How are your corners, can they man up? We finally have Davonte Allen back at "X" this week. He's been out since early in the Akron game and was our #1 deep threat and leading receiver the first 4 weeks. I have a feeling if you try and man up on him and Jean Louis those extra guys will be out of the box by late in the first quarter.
11-04-2014 08:24 PM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
(11-04-2014 05:17 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

He will.

incestual sig bet?

rushing yds o/u is 133.5

ya up to it???

Ill take that bet. Over 133.5, under 20.5 and receiving yards under 21.5
11-04-2014 08:59 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-04-2014 08:59 PM)goherd24herdfans Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 05:17 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

He will.

incestual sig bet?

rushing yds o/u is 133.5

ya up to it???

Ill take that bet. Over 133.5, under 20.5 and receiving yards under 21.5

shifty has first dibs....if no response by friday, you're locked and loaded....

edit: it's times like this when I actually miss booking bets..... 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 09:20 PM by stinkfist.)
11-04-2014 09:18 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-04-2014 08:24 PM)banker Wrote:  How are your corners, can they man up? We finally have Davonte Allen back at "X" this week. He's been out since early in the Akron game and was our #1 deep threat and leading receiver the first 4 weeks. I have a feeling if you try and man up on him and Jean Louis those extra guys will be out of the box by late in the first quarter.

I think we have 4 WRs that can out run any corner one on one in CUSA with Jean Louis, Allen, McManus and Hunt. If 2 of them are in on the outside then you have to pick your poison. Do you take a safety and cover the outside with a corner and safety leaving the middle of the field open for Shuler, Wilkins or Foster. Do you try and bracket the middle to take away the middle leaving 5 in the box for Johnson, Watson or Butler to run it. If USM is lucky to find a cover for all of that then you have to worry about a TE in Frohnapfel and Yurachek over the middle or on the sideline catching.

No one has found a way to cover everyone at the same time this year. It will be a tough task for USM also.

One other thing USM has to worry about especially on a broken play is Johnson slipping down field to catch a ball. The kid has soft hands for someone as big as he is.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 10:01 PM by HerdZoned.)
11-04-2014 10:00 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-04-2014 10:00 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(11-04-2014 08:24 PM)banker Wrote:  How are your corners, can they man up? We finally have Davonte Allen back at "X" this week. He's been out since early in the Akron game and was our #1 deep threat and leading receiver the first 4 weeks. I have a feeling if you try and man up on him and Jean Louis those extra guys will be out of the box by late in the first quarter.

I think we have 4 WRs that can out run any corner one on one in CUSA with Jean Louis, Allen, McManus and Hunt. If 2 of them are in on the outside then you have to pick your poison. Do you take a safety and cover the outside with a corner and safety leaving the middle of the field open for Shuler, Wilkins or Foster. Do you try and bracket the middle to take away the middle leaving 5 in the box for Johnson, Watson or Butler to run it. If USM is lucky to find a cover for all of that then you have to worry about a TE in Frohnapfel and Yurachek over the middle or on the sideline catching.

No one has found a way to cover everyone at the same time this year. It will be a tough task for USM also.

One other thing USM has to worry about especially on a broken play is Johnson slipping down field to catch a ball. The kid has soft hands for someone as big as he is.

someone understands football scheme.....I hope shifty doesn't take me up on my prop and go opposite....I want to eat some eat some goatherd saturdayl....

you already know we are going the stack the box....

you know cato is the key to this ga(t)me....

but so does he as the pressure builds.....

saturday, we find out how his ca hones grow on the road at 8-0......against a team that has 'potential'.....

it's already in his head like the rest of yaz.....don't kid yourself.....Monk is doing double-time to remind as Doc is to forget.....

yep, saturday is gonna a kick in rear just for the shites and gigs.....
11-04-2014 10:10 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Ohio stacked the box, they held Johnson to 91 yards although Butler got 119. What happened was Cato went for 425, Allen had 5 for 137 and 2 TDs and Jean Louis had 4 for 158 and a TD, oh, and Shuler had 4 for 76 and a TD. We had 5 receivers average over 16 per catch in the game.

Again, I don't know how good your corners are in man coverage, but they better be really good if you are going to stuff your safeties in the box. You seem to forget that Cato isn't some rookie. He's played in a lot of big games under pressure. Other problem, if you go straight man and Cato breaks the pocket you've got issues. He's really picked up his rushing this year.
11-04-2014 10:38 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Marshall is "out-talenting" the rest of this league by a long shot.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014 11:01 PM by blunderbuss.)
11-04-2014 11:00 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2014 10:38 PM)banker Wrote:  Ohio stacked the box, they held Johnson to 91 yards although Butler got 119. What happened was Cato went for 425, Allen had 5 for 137 and 2 TDs and Jean Louis had 4 for 158 and a TD, oh, and Shuler had 4 for 76 and a TD. We had 5 receivers average over 16 per catch in the game.

Again, I don't know how good your corners are in man coverage, but they better be really good if you are going to stuff your safeties in the box. You seem to forget that Cato isn't some rookie. He's played in a lot of big games under pressure. Other problem, if you go straight man and Cato breaks the pocket you've got issues. He's really picked up his rushing this year.

My guess is if they leave their safeties in to stack the box at 1st, once Cato hits Jean Louis, McManus, Allen or Hunt over the top 3-4 times and Shuler, Wilkins or Foster down the middle for big gains then those safeties will be edging on the outside before the end of the half.

Bill Legg the OC still calls plays but Cato has the option to change the play completely or audible on pass or run. Cato knows every defensive coverage out there and he will take what they give him. He is also choosing the right play call about 98% of the time this year. He missed once in the FAU game, he checked down to a run rather than pass. If he would have stayed with the play call he would have had Jean Louis down the middle for a 73 yard TD pass.
11-04-2014 11:26 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-04-2014 10:38 PM)banker Wrote:  Ohio stacked the box, they held Johnson to 91 yards although Butler got 119. What happened was Cato went for 425, Allen had 5 for 137 and 2 TDs and Jean Louis had 4 for 158 and a TD, oh, and Shuler had 4 for 76 and a TD. We had 5 receivers average over 16 per catch in the game.

no, our corners are not good....

you just defined what I said.....it's going to fall on cato....there is no questioning his overall talent.....the question now is, was his last game a fluke dud, or is being undefeated now a curse in his head

I see cato being the leading rusher....our containment meltdown is our number one weakness with the corners a close second...

doc ain't no dummy either...he knows this....

our only chance is that mullens plays and matches you guys score for score, or you guys toss a limp effort against us and we get a couple of cheap scores....
11-05-2014 09:55 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2014 09:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  our only chance is that mullens plays and matches you guys score for score, or you guys toss a limp effort against us and we get a couple of cheap scores....

That's something we haven't done this year is give up cheap scores, not our 1st team defense. We have give up some garbage TDs with our 2nd, 3rd string and walk on defense. At this time the games are already won.

This is Chuck Heaters 2nd year as Marshall's DC. Last year the whole defense was learning his system on the fly. Add into that we had 14 true or redshirt freshman being infused in the defense and we did give up some bad TDs and have some suspect play early on. This year everyone knows their assignments and we have less true and redshirt freshman playing.
11-05-2014 12:12 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(11-05-2014 12:12 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(11-05-2014 09:55 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  our only chance is that mullens plays and matches you guys score for score, or you guys toss a limp effort against us and we get a couple of cheap scores....

That's something we haven't done this year is give up cheap scores, not our 1st team defense. We have give up some garbage TDs with our 2nd, 3rd string and walk on defense. At this time the games are already won.

This is Chuck Heaters 2nd year as Marshall's DC. Last year the whole defense was learning his system on the fly. Add into that we had 14 true or redshirt freshman being infused in the defense and we did give up some bad TDs and have some suspect play early on. This year everyone knows their assignments and we have less true and redshirt freshman playing.

veddy good.....but now it's in their head....8-0???? cato +running attack....I watched the fau game (dvr).....it should be a concern....guarantee doc is thinking about that too....

this one has disruption potential written all over it....it doesn't matter about the level other than the level that one can achieve....

would you be confident taking MU -28?

there is just something about losing that provides strength....it's the 'when' that nobody can predict....

like I previously stated, if you guys win, I hope you body slam us.....but if it's close....I hope we rip your fkn heart out....04-cheers

that's my definition of my passion regarding college football....at the very least, what I wish to enjoy....winning and losing does matter.....it's how you enjoy it that defines a person....
11-05-2014 01:46 PM
bigherdon Offline
Water Engineer

I like you stink, sounds like you know your football and have a real passion for it. I'm a fan. +1 sir.
11-05-2014 03:22 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-05-2014 01:46 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  would you be confident taking MU -28?

I could care less if we beat the spread, since Im not a gambler that means nothing to me. If we win by 35, 22, or 1 I don't care as long as we win.

Do I think USM is improving, yes. Do I think you are ready to play a tight game with Marshall, I don't. I think that is probably 2 maybe 3 recruiting classes away.

Nick Mullins is going to be you version of Brian Anderson for Marshall. Anderson wasn't ever going to be a great player and have all world stats but then again he had a bad OLine and very few playmakers. If he would have had an OLine and more playmakers he would have been able to manage the game and win 7-8 games a year. But we didn't have the depth then. And that's whats going to take USM down, not having the depth of playmakers if it be on the offense or defensive side.
11-05-2014 03:37 PM
stinkfist Online

I'm not a grammar nazi, but goddamit....can I call yours Kato....does he wear a mask

It's pathetic how/where the media guides you folks....

go MU and USM....I hope it's a battle worth watching.....'cause it won't pique my interest much longer.....

edit: ace, if you read this, don't hold it against me.....your posts are old school fun that I miss.....
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 03:58 PM by stinkfist.)
11-05-2014 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.