Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NY Democrats send creepy GOTV mailer
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
NY Democrats send creepy GOTV mailer
Quote:The letter warned voters that the party would be keeping tabs on who goes to the polls on Tuesday.

“Who you vote for is your secret. But whether or not you vote is public record,” the letter says.

“We will be reviewing voting records . . . to determine whether you joined your neighbors who voted in 2014.”

It ends with the ominous line: “If you do not vote this year, we will be interested to hear why not.”

http://nypost.com/2014/11/03/author-of-d...dentified/
11-03-2014 08:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
RE: NY Democrats send creepy GOTV mailer
Weird mailing for sure. Not nearly as bad as the stuff McConnell sent out, but still shouldn't happen.
11-03-2014 08:24 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
(11-03-2014 08:24 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  Weird mailing for sure. Not nearly as bad as the stuff McConnell sent out, but still shouldn't happen.

What did McConnell send out? (Serious question)
11-03-2014 08:57 PM
Advertisement

UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-11-01-at-10.30.02-PM.png]

McConnell sent this out to voters in Democratic-leaning parts of the state. I don't agree with Democrats trying to intimidate people into voting, and I certainly don't agree with Republicans trying to intimidate people into not voting.
11-03-2014 09:06 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
(11-03-2014 08:24 PM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  Weird mailing for sure. Not nearly as bad as the stuff McConnell sent out, but still shouldn't happen.

Not nearly as bad? I agree that both are in bad taste but the McConnell mailer is clearly just another letter that characterizes his opponent's statements as misinformation. Granted the McConnell letter says "Election Violation Notice" on the envelope but clearly all the verbiage after lists Grimes supposed lies and states "You are at risk of acting on fraudulent information" that the mailer said is being disseminated to voters by Grimes. Nowhere is it suppressing votes or intimidating voters. It's the typical junk mail from politicians.

The Dem mailing actually states that they are watching you and expect answers for why you didn't vote.....that's scary stuff.
11-03-2014 11:55 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Not even a close comparison. Kentucky Democrat party has used much stronger tactics than the McConnell ad in many past elections. Heck I even had Union Members from Indiana canvas Louisville neighborhoods informing GE and Ford union Members They must support the Democrat candidate for Governor when Republican Ernie Fletcher was leading and eventually won. They acted extremely forceful and when I found out They weren't Kentucky residents I threatened to run Them out of the neighborhood and reported it to the Jefferson county board of elections.
11-04-2014 05:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.