Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 More Titles for UConn
uconnwhaler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uconn
2 More Titles for UConn
The men's soccer team just won their 13th league title and I believe field hockey did too in their national title defense.

And this afternoon we play former national champion Yale for the Liberty Invitational title in Newark after knocking off Hockey East foe Merrimack. We return home for the first time in Hockey East Saturday against BC - word is the school is expecting 10,000+ for that game.

Go Huskies and AAC.
11-02-2014 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Town Cane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: 2 More Titles for UConn
(11-02-2014 01:15 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  The men's soccer team just won their 13th league title and I believe field hockey did too in their national title defense.

And this afternoon we play former national champion Yale for the Liberty Invitational title in Newark after knocking off Hockey East foe Merrimack. We return home for the first time in Hockey East Saturday against BC - word is the school is expecting 10,000+ for that game.

Go Huskies and AAC.

Do you mean regular season for soccer? Because mens soccer tournament isn't until the 16th (the first round games start the 8th.)

I believe Tulsa is the only one with a AAC official title so far this year (Men's and Women's Cross Country.)
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 01:23 PM by T-Town Cane.)
11-02-2014 01:21 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(11-02-2014 01:21 PM)T-Town Cane Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:15 PM)uconnwhaler Wrote:  The men's soccer team just won their 13th league title and I believe field hockey did too in their national title defense.

Go Huskies and AAC.

Do you mean regular season for soccer? Because mens soccer tournament isn't until the 16th (the first round games start the 8th.)

I believe Tulsa is the only one with a AAC official title so far this year (Men's and Women's Cross Country.)

You are correct. USF is stil the AAC champion in soccer until after the tournament. UConn has the best regular season record after defeating my Bulls 1-0
11-02-2014 01:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
Actually, the old Big East (Not sure if the American is doing so), used to keep stats for both the regular season and the tournaments. They registered both regular season champion and tournament champions on their site.

The Regular season champ was just that the champ however, the reason for the tournament championships was for several sports. Basketball being one of them. That allowed the major conferences to receive an extra bid yearly for the tournament.

Those with more time can expand on the subject. 07-coffee3
11-02-2014 01:26 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
We need to start winning more titles in a lot more sports. Trophies, trophies, trophies.
11-02-2014 01:27 PM
mtmedlin Offline

(11-02-2014 01:26 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  Actually, the old Big East (Not sure if the American is doing so), used to keep stats for both the regular season and the tournaments. They registered both regular season champion and tournament champions on their site.

The Regular season champ was just that the champ however, the reason for the tournament championships was for several sports. Basketball being one of them. That allowed the major conferences to receive an extra bid yearly for the tournament.

For NCAA tourney purposes its the AAC tourney champ that gets the Bid...thats why USF went last year.
11-02-2014 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
(11-02-2014 01:32 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:26 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  Actually, the old Big East (Not sure if the American is doing so), used to keep stats for both the regular season and the tournaments. They registered both regular season champion and tournament champions on their site.

For NCAA tourney purposes its the AAC tourney champ that gets the Bid...thats why USF went last year.

Yup. UCONN got an at-large and lost in the Elite 8 last year.
11-02-2014 01:34 PM
uconnwhaler Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uconn

Go Huskies and AAC.

Yes, regular season. I'm sorry, I should have clarified.
11-02-2014 01:50 PM
T-Town Cane Offline
Special Teams

(11-02-2014 01:34 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  

Too bad we beat each other up too bad this year, we will be lucky to get 2 teams in..
11-02-2014 01:59 PM
mtmedlin Offline

(11-02-2014 01:59 PM)T-Town Cane Wrote:  

Too bad we beat each other up too bad this year, we will be lucky to get 2 teams in..

It really is frustrating. Were a strong conference that should be getting 3 or more.

I always did wonder with the AAC only having 8 soccer members why we didnt look to invite West Virginia, Kentucky or South Carolina. They all play for other conferences since their conference doesnt have soccer.... same for New Mexico but they are a damn strong team and we dont need anymore strong competition.
I think maybe just having a name team to play could help attendance.
11-02-2014 02:04 PM
T-Town Cane Offline
Special Teams

(11-02-2014 02:04 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:59 PM)T-Town Cane Wrote:  

It really is frustrating. Were a strong conference that should be getting 3 or more.

I always did wonder with the AAC only having 8 soccer members why we didnt look to invite West Virginia, Kentucky or South Carolina. They all play for other conferences since their conference doesnt have soccer.... same for New Mexico but they are a damn strong team and we dont need anymore strong competition.
I think maybe just having a name team to play could help attendance.

We need 2 more teams that could compete with the big dogs like Tulsa USF Uconn and SMU has. Anything that would help us get closer to the ACC would help.
11-02-2014 02:14 PM
Advertisement

upstater1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
(11-02-2014 01:24 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

Go Huskies and AAC.

You are correct. USF is stil the AAC champion in soccer until after the tournament. UConn has the best regular season record after defeating my Bulls 1-0

I'm surprised you USF fans do not yet realize how the BE/AAC awards championship trophies.

A trophy is given out for both the regular season and the tourney.
11-02-2014 03:39 PM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

Actually, the tourney champ was the champ. The regular season champ was referred to as the regular season champ.
11-02-2014 03:40 PM
USFRamenu Away
Enthusiast

I Root For: South Florida
(11-02-2014 03:40 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  

Actually, the tourney champ was the champ. The regular season champ was referred to as the regular season champ.

Actually it changed some time in the past. There used to be just conference champions with the regular schedule deciding but, that changed. At some point each conference began to have a tournament to decide the Tournament Champion. I believe it was with the expansion of the Basketball Tournament beyond the 32 team format. Remember that this tournament has been going on since 1939 in one form or another.

Now as to my point; The major conferences for the most part have their regular season champions placed in the tournament. This is do to their RPI and are mostly recipients of at large bids. Now to grab an extra bid, there are tournament champions. Note that many times the tournament champion isn't the regular season champion. This allows for all 32 conferences to get at least one bid. While many times the tournament champion is an under achieving team who gains an additional bid/seat in the tournament for the conference. This most often times is a team who's underperformed during the regular season but has gotten hot at the end of the season and is on a roll. There are 32 Auto bid for Tournament Champions and 36 At Large Bids for a total of 68 bids today. However, the original Tournament began with only 8 bids/teams. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 04:27 PM by USFRamenu.)
11-02-2014 04:23 PM
upstater1 Offline
1st String

(11-02-2014 04:23 PM)USFRamenu Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 03:40 PM)upstater1 Wrote:  

Actually it changed some time in the past. There used to be just conference champions with the regular schedule deciding but, that changed. At some point each conference began to have a tournament to decide the Tournament Champion. I believe it was with the expansion of the Basketball Tournament beyond the 32 team format. Remember that this tournament has been going on since 1939 in one form or another.

Now as to my point; The major conferences for the most part have their regular season champions placed in the tournament. This is do to their RPI and are mostly recipients of at large bids. Now to grab an extra bid, there are tournament champions. Note that many times the tournament champion isn't the regular season champion. This allows for all 32 conferences to get at least one bid. While many times the tournament champion is an under achieving team who gains an additional bid/seat in the tournament for the conference. This most often times is a team who's underperformed during the regular season but has gotten hot at the end of the season and is on a roll. There are 32 Auto bid for Tournament Champions and 36 At Large Bids for a total of 68 bids today. However, the original Tournament began with only 8 bids/teams. 04-cheers

I'm referring to the Big East. They used to call the regular season champion the "Regular Season Champion." They gave that team a trophy.

The conference tourney champion would be known as the official conference champion.
11-02-2014 10:52 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
I cannot wish you good luck in Hockey East other than against BC.
11-02-2014 10:57 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Memphis kicks ass in cricket

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
11-02-2014 11:08 PM
UCFKnightfan08 Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
Wait.... Did you brag about field hockey??
11-03-2014 07:28 AM
Hank Schrader Offline
1st String

(11-03-2014 07:28 AM)UCFKnightfan08 Wrote:  Wait.... Did you brag about field hockey??

Why should we not be proud of any sporting achievement at our school?
11-03-2014 07:45 AM
ECBrad Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
Yeah plus UCF brags about volleyball so you don't exactly have the high ground here.
11-03-2014 08:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.