Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone else think "the Comittee"...
Bookmark and Share
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
Anyone else think "the Comittee"...
is gonna **** someone that matters and be shown the door. I can see them buckling under pressure from an Ohio State type and leave out an SEC type that is likely more deserving or vice versa and all of them tell "the Committee" to take a long walk off a short pier.

I just don't think the system is going to last with the possible favoritism, nepostism, and all the other isms. Mostly the human element will always be second-guessed. If they screw with the wrong team for the right reasons, they will be toast.
11-02-2014 01:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
RE: Anyone else think "the Comittee"...
Yeah if you keep spelling "Comittee" with one "m".
11-02-2014 02:03 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(11-02-2014 02:03 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Yeah if you keep spelling "Comittee" with one "m".

Clearly a typo as I spelled it correctly in the body of my post. Thanks for playing, though.
11-02-2014 03:12 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
it's gonna be 8, then 16 (if they wanna let the little boys play) by......let's call it 2020....

this bs is far from over....

as I've stated many times.....I'm over it and am boycotting anything other than cusa games...

college football has become a joke in my mind.....
11-02-2014 03:22 AM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

The big boys, under the guise of "fairness" have cut off their noses to spite their faces to make this "playoff" make sense. The bigs won't like this(B1G/B12/Pac) and I believe will cut short this contract to include more of them automatically(SEC has 'em by the ballz at this pt.) a la the BCS tourney. It's the only "fair" way to let them in to the playoff, while allowing 1 of us little guys to maybe be included. I kind of love what's coming, lots of grinding of teeth coming from the bigs. And change. Soon.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 03:51 AM by Von-Bek.)
11-02-2014 03:49 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2014 03:12 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 02:03 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Yeah if you keep spelling "Comittee" with one "m".

Clearly a typo as I spelled it correctly in the body of my post. Thanks for playing, though.

Eye no et wuz a typoh Francis. To answer your question, the committee hasn't screwed anyone and the only poll that matters is the one that determine the 4 playoff teams and the other four bowls games that rotate in the playoff series.

To Stinkfist response, it will never get to 16 teams. The only way it has a chance of getting to 8 is by allowing these playoff games to be held at the campus of the highest seeded team just like it is done in the NFL. Why? Because you can't realistically ask the fans of the schools participating to travel to potentially three different locations to watch these games.

There is also the possibility of not selling out these games if people aren't necessarily interested in the matchups which is why I think the playoff games will eventually be played at the higher seeds campuses.
11-02-2014 03:50 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-02-2014 03:50 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  

Eye no et wuz a typoh Francis. To answer your question, the committee hasn't screwed anyone and the only poll that matters is the one that determine the 4 playoff teams and the other four bowls games that rotate in the playoff series.

To Stinkfist response, it will never get to 16 teams. The only way it has a chance of getting to 8 is by allowing these playoff games to be held at the campus of the highest seeded team just like it is done in the NFL. Why? Because you can't realistically ask the fans of the schools participating to travel to potentially three different locations to watch these games.

There is also the possibility of not selling out these games if people aren't necessarily interested in the matchups which is why I think the playoff games will eventually be played at the higher seeds campuses.

your 8 scenario is plausible, but hardly the only solution....regardless, it's gonna happen whether one thinks it will or not...

don't discount the greed factor regarding 16.....it's only one more week and if there is one thing that is guaranteed in this world - if it can make more money, they'll do it.

it's actually silly that it's taking so long.....

I won't revisit the scenarios.....they've been played out to ad nauseam

...and I'm finally out of makers....
11-02-2014 03:59 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2014 03:59 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

your 8 scenario is plausible, but hardly the only solution....regardless, it's gonna happen whether one thinks it will or not...

don't discount the greed factor regarding 16.....it's only one more week and if there is one thing that is guaranteed in this world - if it can make more money, they'll do it.

If it goes to 16 teams, there is absolutely no way you can include the bowls in it. This is why I don't think you will see it go to 8 teams in the near future. Going to 16 teams doesn't necessarily mean more money.

Something else to think about, the P5 will eventually separate. It's gonna happen. With 5 power conferences completely separated from the rest, there will be no need for a 16 team playoff.
11-02-2014 04:10 AM
stinkfist Offline

(11-02-2014 04:10 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 03:59 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

If it goes to 16 teams, there is absolutely no way you can include the bowls in it. This is why I don't think you will see it go to 8 teams in the near future. Going to 16 teams doesn't necessarily mean more money.

Something else to think about, the P5 will eventually separate. It's gonna happen. With 5 power conferences completely separated from the rest, there will be no need for a 16 team playoff.

disclaimer: can't believe I'm gonna roll through this again.....

ahhhhh, therein lies the enigma....I'm not sold that happens....too much money that will fight for the g5ers....university president pissing contests, court battles, basketball, g5 viewership loss due to distaste (granted, would most likely eventually evaporate)...it's endless if they break off completely.....it would turn into a cluster****.....I see the p5 taking it to the breaking point without letting the bulls loose....it's a win for all parties....their money will always be made if they keep the g5 hangin' around.....just hangin' around...

home games for higher seeds before the bowl season???....it's not like time is an issue....just more money for the p5 with the peons thinking they have a chance.....is akin to 1/16 in the dance....g5 would get their slim chance at glory....still win/win

it may stop at 8, but 16 is the best overall scenario in my book.....hell, these idiots may do a 10 or 12 thingy with bye options....

who knows what these greedy ******* will do.....but I'm seriously betting that 4 isn't the end result....

edit: I'm fairly certain that additional playing 'time' relative to 'student athlete' is moot at this point, so....no need to go there with that argument....
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 05:27 AM by stinkfist.)
11-02-2014 04:37 AM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2014 04:37 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  disclaimer: can't believe I'm gonna roll through this again.....

ahhhhh, therein lies the enigma....I'm not sold that happens....too much money that will fight for the g5ers....university president pissing contests, court battles, basketball, g5 viewership loss due to distaste (granted, would most likely eventually evaporate)...it's endless if they break off completely.....it would turn into a cluster****.....I see the p5 taking it to the breaking point without letting the bulls loose....it's a win for all parties....their money will always be made if they keep the g5 hangin' around.....just hangin' around...

home games for higher seeds before the bowl season???....it's not like time is an issue....just more money for the p5 with the peons thinking they have a chance.....is akin to 1/16 in the dance....g5 would get their slim chance at glory....still win/win

it may stop at 8, but 16 is the best overall scenario in my book.....hell, these idiots may do a 10 or 12 thingy with bye options....

who knows what these greedy ******* will do.....but I'm seriously betting that 4 isn't the end result....

edit: I'm fairly certain that additional playing 'time' relative to 'student athlete' is moot at this point, so....no need to go there with that argument....

I know 4 isn't going to be the end result. But I guarantee you people running this dog and pony show is going to want to see how four teams play out first. You're thinking the money will be there period and I'm not arguing that point. What I am saying is that if you go to eight teams, you're asking fans of the two teams that make it to the CG to have to travel to three different cities (if bowls are involved).

It's going to be a difficult enough time getting to eight teams into the playoffs with the bowls involved. You or I will not see a 16 team playoff in our lifetime and I would bet the house on it. And I never said anything about additional playing time for the athletes. We all know the NCAA, presidents, ADs, and fans don't give a rip about athletes playing too many games, taking away from time in the class, and etc.
11-02-2014 06:00 AM
AnimeBlazer Away
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
I wish they would (take their P5 ball and go F themselves with it), but I'm inclined to agree with stink.

As I see it the reason we won't get any kind of separation is that the lines are more blurred than they appear. There isn't a discrete P5 and G5. If you look carefully you see that as there are "never gonna bes", "have nots" and "wannabes" in the G5 bin there are likewise "nouveau riche", "traditional haves" and "super haves" in the P5 category. All that different circumstance mitigates against dividing cleanly.
11-02-2014 08:26 AM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline

(11-02-2014 06:00 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 04:37 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  disclaimer: can't believe I'm gonna roll through this again.....

I know 4 isn't going to be the end result. But I guarantee you people running this dog and pony show is going to want to see how four teams play out first. You're thinking the money will be there period and I'm not arguing that point. What I am saying is that if you go to eight teams, you're asking fans of the two teams that make it to the CG to have to travel to three different cities (if bowls are involved).

It's going to be a difficult enough time getting to eight teams into the playoffs with the bowls involved. You or I will not see a 16 team playoff in our lifetime and I would bet the house on it. And I never said anything about additional playing time for the athletes. We all know the NCAA, presidents, ADs, and fans don't give a rip about athletes playing too many games, taking away from time in the class, and etc.

they will do it willingly whilst emptying their pockets in the process...college football fans of the upper echelon are possibly the largest fanatics in all of sport....don't forget that schools like bama, lsu, michigan, usc, fsu, etc...have their fan base scattered across the nation....I really don't see ticket sales being an issue

even if the scheduling (using 8 team) consisted of home or travel/bowl/cg it would be a non-issue....hell, many 'home' games aren't such for the fan of many of these schools anyway (since many travel to 'home' games) .....one would also assume the cost of those tickets would be higher than the regular season rate generating even more dollars for those involved

I don't think it would be difficult at all to move to 8 or 16....the downtime between ccgs and first round games would solve the sometimes month long gap that people have been bitching about for moons....scheduling to not interfere with the NFL might be an issue at 16...that's the only scheduling hurdle I see from a simple perch....

we already know that adjusting dates has zero impact....new years day bowl games is a thing of the past and is nothing more than a novelty at this point.....has been for years now....

mid december to mid january is an untapped gold mine waiting to be snatched from the masses.....it's just the way it is....

I know this.....I'm still going to boycott the whole shebang.....**** those greedy bastards....

btw, I only added the 'student athlete' comment to nip it before someone brought that nonsense up....
11-02-2014 10:29 AM
goherd24herdfans Offline
All American

I Root For: marshall
Bowls need to go away anyway. They are too big as it is and way to inclusive. T hardly matters when the majority of teams get a bowl.
11-02-2014 12:39 PM
gassman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
8 team playoff seems to make sense. You give 5 auto seeds to the P5 conference champions (better get a championship game B12), give 1 a lot to the best of the G5 to quell their bitching, and two at large spots for those awesome P5 teams that get upset in their championship game or just have an incredible year or have some other factor that draws support.

That plan shuts up any bitching because every school in the P5 has a route to the playoffs. If your not good enough to make that 8 team field your just not good enough to be complaining.

Why will this happen?

Because one of the P5 conferences is going to be seriously butt hurt when their one loss team is passed over for another one loss team from another conference.

An 8 team field eliminates that because every P5 conference and team has a path and opportunity to get to the playoffs. That's all anyone can ask for.

Any team that complains after that will simply be told "well you should have won your conference, sorry".
11-02-2014 01:45 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(11-02-2014 01:45 PM)gassman Wrote:  8 team playoff seems to make sense. You give 5 auto seeds to the P5 conference champions (better get a championship game B12), give 1 a lot to the best of the G5 to quell their bitching, and two at large spots for those awesome P5 teams that get upset in their championship game or just have an incredible year or have some other factor that draws support.

That plan shuts up any bitching because every school in the P5 has a route to the playoffs. If your not good enough to make that 8 team field your just not good enough to be complaining.

Why will this happen?

Because one of the P5 conferences is going to be seriously butt hurt when their one loss team is passed over for another one loss team from another conference.

An 8 team field eliminates that because every P5 conference and team has a path and opportunity to get to the playoffs. That's all anyone can ask for.

Any team that complains after that will simply be told "well you should have won your conference, sorry".

I like this scenario the best as well, and it is realistic. SEC would likely have 3 teams in the playoff this year under that option. Still would be gnashing of teeth, but it is what it is.
11-02-2014 01:57 PM
gassman Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-02-2014 01:57 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 01:45 PM)gassman Wrote:  8 team playoff seems to make sense. You give 5 auto seeds to the P5 conference champions (better get a championship game B12), give 1 a lot to the best of the G5 to quell their bitching, and two at large spots for those awesome P5 teams that get upset in their championship game or just have an incredible year or have some other factor that draws support.

Why will this happen?

I like this scenario the best as well, and it is realistic. SEC would likely have 3 teams in the playoff this year under that option. Still would be gnashing of teeth, but it is what it is.

Yes. There will always be light complaining and grumbling behind the scenes but you can't claim to be shut out if you fail to win your conference. I could see a scenario in this plan where a G5 school complains about getting shut out but we all know that's not going to move the needle of change.
11-02-2014 02:49 PM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderBoy Offline
All American

I Root For: MTSU
(11-02-2014 02:49 PM)gassman Wrote:  

Why will this happen?

Yes. There will always be light complaining and grumbling behind the scenes but you can't claim to be shut out if you fail to win your conference. I could see a scenario in this plan where a G5 school complains about getting shut out but we all know that's not going to move the needle of change.

Not to show too much Naivete' But are there any members of this Committee who have any non Cartel-5 connections? If not, I wouldn't doubt that they only pick the G-5 selection for the Access Bowl as an afterthought. And they may not rank Marshall, CSU, or anybody from G-5 in their Top 25 the rest of the year now that ECU got beat.
11-02-2014 04:53 PM
gassman Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-02-2014 04:53 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  

Why will this happen?

Not to show too much Naivete' But are there any members of this Committee who have any non Cartel-5 connections? If not, I wouldn't doubt that they only pick the G-5 selection for the Access Bowl as an afterthought. And they may not rank Marshall, CSU, or anybody from G-5 in their Top 25 the rest of the year now that ECU got beat.

I think they are obligated to include the G5 in any expanded plan. A lot of their gaudy records are based on G5 buy games.
11-02-2014 05:31 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-02-2014 03:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  it's gonna be 8, then 16 (if they wanna let the little boys play) by......let's call it 2020....

this bs is far from over....

as I've stated many times.....I'm over it and am boycotting anything other than cusa games...

college football has become a joke in my mind.....

Count me in, "Stink"...I'm so fed up with these "manufactured" mythical national championships, it's disgusting...If you don't have a seat at the dinner table, you're probably on the menu....I won't be watching or supporting that bull****, I'll stick to the "non-cabal" conferences (Conference USA, MAC, AAC, Mountain West, Sun Belt) and FCS, where a TRUE national champion is determined by a REAL playoff system, not this insulting crap that they're determined to cram down our (bleeping) throats.
11-03-2014 11:28 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(11-02-2014 04:53 PM)BlueRaiderBoy Wrote:  

Why will this happen?

Make no mistake, this bull**** system is not designed for the Marshalls, East Carolinas, Middle Tennessees & Boise States of the college football world, they're going to insult fan intelligence at every given chance with this garbage so they can hand pick who THEY want playing for their mythical national championship by changing the criteria at their leisure like they did in 2011, 2007 & 2004, the year they screwed over one of their own big time (Auburn)...This is revolting....
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 11:34 PM by Matrix.)
11-03-2014 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.