Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: How do we end up in our last 4 games of MACtion?
This poll is closed.
4-0 - end the season at 9-3 (50% chance) - respected team going to the MACC and a nice bowl game. 44.12% 15 44.12%
3-1 - end the season at 8-4 (75% chance) - may not go to the MACC, another lost opportunity. Looks like we are going bowling though. 41.18% 14 41.18%
2-2 - end the season at 7-5 (40% chance) - no postseason is likely...unless we are lucky to get to the crackerjack bowl. 14.71% 5 14.71%
1-3 - end the season at 6-6 (20% chance) - horrible 0% 0 0%
0-4 - end the season at 5-7 ( 5% chance) - unthinkable 0% 0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Final 4 games of MACtion, how do we fare? What are the odds?
Bookmark and Share
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I am really looking forward to our final run in these last 4 MACtion games to end out the season. With what we have seen so far, how do we fare in these last 4 games? I have added my own pseudo probabilities, do you agree with where I ended up? The good news is that we are where we need to be, our goal is within our reach, and we control our own destiny. Will the Rockets get over the hump this year?
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 08:44 AM by ToledoMike.)
10-31-2014 08:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T4C8 Offline
T4C8

I Root For: U of Toledo
RE: Final 4 games of MACtion, how do we fare? What are the odds?
I think each of the top three options are possible. If we lose to emu or kent we dont deserve postseason anyway
10-31-2014 09:09 AM
emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
This team doesn't make it through the rest of the season without another loss. Please surprise me. We haven't played a complete game yet, and I don't see it getting any better. We'll either lose a close game to NIU or BG or we'll come out and lay a complete egg against Kent or EMU.

I was at the Kent game at Kent in 1991 when we should have won handedly and lost 13-14 in gray, nasty, cold, sideways rain/sleet/snow game. It goes on record as the coldest, wettest and unhappy as I've ever been at a UT football game. Then we lost....to Kent, which made it doubly bad. We even returned a kick off for a touchdown in that game and still lost.
10-31-2014 09:40 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

If we can ever beat NIU, this is the year. They really are not very good compared to how they have been with Harnish and Lynch at QB. EMU and Kent really are the conference bottom feeders. That leaves BG as the most likely loss. If we can put lots of pressure on their QB, we can actually win going away. If he gets in rhythm, then we will be seeing a whole lot of scoring.
10-31-2014 10:00 AM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I'd rather pick our odds of winning the remaining games.

90-10 we beat Kent.
60-40 we beat Norhtern.
50-50 BGSucks.
70-30 we beat Eastern.
10-31-2014 10:08 AM
Advertisement

Rocketand2nuts Offline
2nd String

We will win all except BG and lose again in the MACC to BG. I would take the over in both games as long as it is set at 100...
10-31-2014 11:56 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kent and Eastern should not be a problem, but of course you never know until the game is played.

NIU is down this year and the law of averages says that it is UT's turn to finally get a win----but until the Rockets actually get it done, I am not willing to mentally put one this in the win column just yet.

The law of averages also says that is also BG's turn to get a win over UT, but again who knows. In the pass several years the Glass Bowl has no longer provided that immense home field guarantee of victory that it did in the early 2000's so it could be BG turn.

Actually if the Rockets do win out in the West a loss to BG won't matter w/r respect to the West Championship and would be a lot more palatable than a loss to them a week later at Ford Field, if it were to come down to that.

EDIT: Forgot the odds: Kent, EMU---UT by 4 to 1, NIU, BG----UT by 4 to 3
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 01:38 PM by T-Town.)
10-31-2014 01:29 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2014 09:40 AM)emanoh Wrote:  This team doesn't make it through the rest of the season without another loss. Please surprise me. We haven't played a complete game yet, and I don't see it getting any better. We'll either lose a close game to NIU or BG or we'll come out and lay a complete egg against Kent or EMU.

I was at the Kent game at Kent in 1991 when we should have won handedly and lost 13-14 in gray, nasty, cold, sideways rain/sleet/snow game. It goes on record as the coldest, wettest and unhappy as I've ever been at a UT football game. Then we lost....to Kent, which made it doubly bad. We even returned a kick off for a touchdown in that game and still lost.

So you were 1 of the 500 or so in the stands...thanks for coming! I remember coming out for warm ups and there was zero energy in the stadium...empty, cold and wet. In fact, it was so col that I came off the field in the 3rd knowing something was wrong with my shoulder, but couldn't really feel it. Our trainer, Dave Huffstetler (sp?) put his and under my pads, felt my shoulder and asked if I could go back in. I said I could, but had limited range if motion. Once I hit the locker room after the game, Dave was waiting for me...he had scissors in his hand, told me to stand still and cut my jersey off me. Apparently, I had a pretty bad seperation and he didn't want me trying to put my arms above my head. Once I thawed out, I definitely felt it. Man, we slept through the 1st 3 1/4 quarters only to get it in gear too late to pull out the victory.
10-31-2014 01:30 PM
emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
What was crazy at that Kent game it was like 65 degrees the night before and I was wearing shorts!
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 03:40 PM by emanoh.)
10-31-2014 03:40 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
Who ran the kick off back for the TD. Morgan something? Ken Morgan? Kent Morgan?
10-31-2014 03:41 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(10-31-2014 03:41 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Who ran the kick off back for the TD. Morgan something? Ken Morgan? Kent Morgan?

Morgan Williams?
10-31-2014 03:58 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(10-31-2014 03:58 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(10-31-2014 03:41 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Who ran the kick off back for the TD. Morgan something? Ken Morgan? Kent Morgan?

Morgan Williams?

Steve Morgan I believe. Williams is much later vintage. Nope, Steve was out in 1984. Used to have 30+ carries every game.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 04:26 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
10-31-2014 04:25 PM
emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
Yeah Morgan Williams was in the 2000's
10-31-2014 04:26 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
Not Steve Morgan either he was a TB in the same era. This guy was canadian. WR. Black guy.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 04:28 PM by emanoh.)
10-31-2014 04:27 PM
therockets046 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Mud Hens
Not that I or anyone else here would be satisfied with 7-5, but if that is indeed where we end up, I don't think it keeps us home for the holidays again. Just can't see there being two division champs plus three others that finish 7-5 which also happen to get picked over us, and a lot of projections have a sixth Mac team in the postseason too.
10-31-2014 05:01 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Morgan Fairchild - who I've slept with.... yeah, that's the ticket.
10-31-2014 08:27 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2014 04:27 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Not Steve Morgan either he was a TB in the same era. This guy was canadian. WR. Black guy.

Ainsworth Morgan
11-01-2014 11:17 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Online
All American

I Root For:
Yes, correct!
11-01-2014 12:23 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(10-31-2014 09:40 AM)emanoh Wrote:  This team doesn't make it through the rest of the season without another loss. Please surprise me. We haven't played a complete game yet, and I don't see it getting any better. We'll either lose a close game to NIU or BG or we'll come out and lay a complete egg against Kent or EMU.

a very logical forecast
11-01-2014 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.