RE: Terminator Genisys
10-30-2014 02:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Again.. I'll watch it if it comes out.. It'll be on DVD though..
10-31-2014 12:21 PM
hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
I'm already done with it. Why would you change the whole damn point of movie.
10-31-2014 10:03 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
What happens first? Avatar II or the remake of Avatar? Hell, Avatar was basically a remake of Fern Gully!

LOL! They've run out of ideas in Hollywood!
11-02-2014 12:14 AM
Advertisement

hawghiggs Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas
(11-02-2014 12:14 AM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  What happens first? Avatar II or the remake of Avatar? Hell, Avatar was basically a remake of Fern Gully!

LOL! They've run out of ideas in Hollywood!
This is the truth. Just look at all the Superhero movies being made.
11-03-2014 05:53 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Saw the new trailer today before American Sniper...not looking bad...
01-27-2015 10:33 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
So apparently the living tissue over the mechanical skeleton ages and sags. Who would have guessed that?

The Terminator series is one of my all time favorites. I'd hate to see them ruin it all with crap. The 3rd movie sucked as and the Christian Bale(SP) movie was also terrible.
01-28-2015 10:16 AM
72Tiger Offline
Up your nose with a rubber hose

I Root For: Larry
DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I sort of liked the Sarah Connor chronicles tv show that was on Fox a whip back, and was disappointed that it only lasted one season. Hopefully the new movie won't disappoint.
02-04-2015 10:45 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Sounds beyond retarded. Should've stopped at T2.
02-04-2015 11:05 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-04-2015 11:05 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  Sounds beyond retarded. Should've stopped at T2.

Not to say that feeling is invalid but

T3 wasn't plot wise in the story a bad move....the movie was underfunded and looked low budget compared to how 2 was over 1. Salvation was a pretty solid flick IMO. It got into some cool stuff with the story...
02-04-2015 11:53 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

(02-04-2015 11:53 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 11:05 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  Sounds beyond retarded. Should've stopped at T2.

T3 wasn't plot wise in the story a bad move....the movie was underfunded and looked low budget compared to how 2 was over 1. Salvation was a pretty solid flick IMO. It got into some cool stuff with the story...

There's such thing as "too much of a good thing." They've milked that franchise PLENTY. T2 was damn near action / scifi cinema perfection. It's best to stop when you're ahead.
02-06-2015 12:37 AM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-06-2015 12:37 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

There's such thing as "too much of a good thing." They've milked that franchise PLENTY. T2 was damn near action / scifi cinema perfection. It's best to stop when you're ahead.

Actually.... my whole problem with the series... was the circular reasoning/time travel issue of Kyle Reese being John Connor's dad.

So a series of events happens in which Sarah Connor from T1 meets a guy... has a kid... named John Connor... and he leads the resistance.... OK. Machines send back T1 to kill the mother... OK. But, Kyle Reese at the age he is in the future isn't aged out right *IF* he "was" that future's JC's pops. IF he went back in time he'd most likely be too old for current Sarah Connor to be interested in him--even if her love life at the time was that sad. And on that end...if in that future he was JC's dad ...he would have had to have run into a "younger version" of himself when he came back in time as he'd had to have been around at that time to have a JC that age in the future....

But I digress...
02-06-2015 01:33 AM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

Re: RE: Terminator Genisys
(02-06-2015 01:33 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Actually.... my whole problem with the series... was the circular reasoning/time travel issue of Kyle Reese being John Connor's dad.

So a series of events happens in which Sarah Connor from T1 meets a guy... has a kid... named John Connor... and he leads the resistance.... OK. Machines send back T1 to kill the mother... OK. But, Kyle Reese at the age he is in the future isn't aged out right *IF* he "was" that future's JC's pops. IF he went back in time he'd most likely be too old for current Sarah Connor to be interested in him--even if her love life at the time was that sad. And on that end...if in that future he was JC's dad ...he would have had to have run into a "younger version" of himself when he came back in time as he'd had to have been around at that time to have a JC that age in the future....

But I digress...

There's the issue of what moment in time he actually returned though. The close ages of JC and Reese before Reese went back could be possible depending on that timing.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 10:26 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-06-2015 10:23 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-06-2015 10:23 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 01:33 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

But I digress...

There's the issue of what moment in time he actually returned though. The close ages of JC and Reese before Reese went back could be possible depending on that timing.

But, and I'd have to go back and watch the first one again... to refresh the old memory,

taken in linear fashion.... events happen Sarrah Connor has a kid who is name John Connor who leads the resistance as depicted in the first movie. So I'd say JC would be mid late 20s.... I think in T1 he shown walking through the "base" of the resistance at both the time he goes back to save Sarah and later on when he is with Sarah at that sewer pipe and tells her about the future... but I could swear it was almost like.... he was either ordered by JC to go back to save his mom cause his own leadership was needed in the future or he wanted to be a hero and be the father of the resistance passing on some knowledge to help the "John Connor he would father. I guess what I am getting at is T2's story line is a little more coherent on time travel than the first one.
02-06-2015 10:44 PM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

There's also the possibility that the JC that sent Reese back wasn't originally Reese's son. I mean, if he was for sure, the original Terminator could've killed Reese or Sarah before they conceived to alter the future.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 10:56 PM by blunderbuss.)
02-06-2015 10:55 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-06-2015 10:55 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  There's also the possibility that the JC that sent Reese back wasn't originally Reese's son. I mean, if he was for sure, the original Terminator could've killed Reese or Sarah before they conceived to alter the future.

*OR*

JC in first timeline "KNEW" he was about to die... has Kyle Reese, his most trusted soldier go back to save his mom since he, himself might not make it... Kyle Reese being a leader in his own right knows that he and Sarah could be parents of a high enough quality to breed "the 2nd John Connor" for the "new" timeline.
02-06-2015 11:11 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

Re: RE: Terminator Genisys
(02-06-2015 11:11 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 10:55 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  There's also the possibility that the JC that sent Reese back wasn't originally Reese's son. I mean, if he was for sure, the original Terminator could've killed Reese or Sarah before they conceived to alter the future.

*OR*

JC in first timeline "KNEW" he was about to die... has Kyle Reese, his most trusted soldier go back to save his mom since he, himself might not make it... Kyle Reese being a leader in his own right knows that he and Sarah could be parents of a high enough quality to breed "the 2nd John Connor" for the "new" timeline.

The past few posts....
Epic Mind Blown
02-06-2015 11:30 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(02-06-2015 11:30 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 11:11 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

*OR*

The past few posts....
Epic Mind Blown

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Its like once that part gets addressed....the whole Judgement Day will always come mantra of 2 and 3 and in some regards 4 is pretty easy on the noodle.....
02-07-2015 12:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.