Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
MyBB WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The crowd is AMAZINGLY hyped & loud tonight!!!!! Impressive to say the least! Keep this up & Memphis will become one of the up & coming Home court advantages in the NBA!!!
10-29-2014 09:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

FORealTigerFan Offline
Say What?

I Root For: Beer
RE: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marc Gasol went beast mode.
10-29-2014 09:33 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(10-29-2014 09:33 PM)FORealTigerFan Wrote:  Marc Gasol went beast mode.

Skinny Gasol might end up being the best Center in the NBA this season.
10-30-2014 10:10 AM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
He's in for a career year. Hoping for health.
10-30-2014 10:13 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Contract year. According to his brother he's headed to the Knicks
10-30-2014 10:16 AM
Advertisement

Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
He's not going anywhere unless we implode this year. The Knicks are terrible.
10-30-2014 10:32 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
He's going to have a tough time beating out Anthony Davis for best Center
10-30-2014 10:35 AM
Rob
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(10-30-2014 10:35 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  He's going to have a tough time beating out Anthony Davis for best Center

Not really, since Davis is a power forward.
10-30-2014 10:42 AM
idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-30-2014 10:32 AM)Rob Wrote:  He's not going anywhere unless we implode this year. The Knicks are terrible.

He seems super motivated for a guy who is just going to re-sign with the home team at the end of the year.

I mean, it's no secret the Grizz are going to offer him a max deal. Thats why they are holding on to Prince. Thats why they fretted so much about not giving Z-Bo too much money.

If you already know the home team is going to offer a max deal no matter what, where does the motivation to lose weight and becomre more aggressive come from? You might could argue that he is just a different type of dude, competitive, self motivated.......but if those are the reason then why did he wait for a contact year to change his body and his game?
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2014 11:02 AM by idroot4russia.)
10-30-2014 11:01 AM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014 10:32 AM)Rob Wrote:  He's not going anywhere unless we implode this year. The Knicks are terrible.

Phil Jackson plus Amare's deal runs out I believe, I could be wrong about that. He's obviously playing for a contract with the weight loss
10-30-2014 11:53 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014 10:42 AM)Rob Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 10:35 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  He's going to have a tough time beating out Anthony Davis for best Center

Not really, since Davis is a power forward.

That's the other reason. Brooke Lopez is the all star starter in the east. Being in New York guarenteed all star placement for the next ten years.
10-30-2014 11:55 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

10-30-2014 12:29 PM
tigerjohn Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The last part of the article is more likely:

If Knicks fans want to get their hopes up over Pau’s comments, be my guest. There’s definitely a chance Marc winds up in New York.

But Marc re-signing with the Grizzlies – who can pay him him the most and keep him in a place he seems happy – remains the most likely option
10-30-2014 12:37 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

Jon Roser says not to worry. He knows Marc and Marc wants to win.
10-30-2014 01:21 PM
kabluey Offline
Heisman

I don't think "it's possible" is the most glowing and encouraging endorsement for the Knicks in response to the question, "do [the Knicks] have a chance?"

Later, "It’s “possible” Marc signs with [insert any one several teams projected to have cap space]. It just happens to be New York completing that sentence today."

Pau isn't going to limit his brother's negotiating options.
10-30-2014 01:38 PM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

The Knicks chased Marc 4 years ago. Might as well try again. In the last 4 years the Knicks have been to the playoffs three times, going 7-14 in 4 playoff series, missing last season. The Grizz have made the playoffs all 4 seasons, had 7 series going 21-22 in a much tougher West.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry...4/26994663
10-30-2014 10:53 PM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

(10-30-2014 11:01 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  

He seems super motivated for a guy who is just going to re-sign with the home team at the end of the year.

I mean, it's no secret the Grizz are going to offer him a max deal. Thats why they are holding on to Prince. Thats why they fretted so much about not giving Z-Bo too much money.

If you already know the home team is going to offer a max deal no matter what, where does the motivation to lose weight and becomre more aggressive come from? You might could argue that he is just a different type of dude, competitive, self motivated.......but if those are the reason then why did he wait for a contact year to change his body and his game?

He knows he needs to average more than 14 and 7 this year or nobody is maxing him. Memphis included.
10-30-2014 10:54 PM
Advertisement

idroot4russia Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-30-2014 10:54 PM)spankadelphia Wrote:  
(10-30-2014 11:01 AM)idroot4russia Wrote:  

He knows he needs to average more than 14 and 7 this year or nobody is maxing him. Memphis included.

I dont buy that at all, Marc's value has never been measured in stats. Case in point, when he won defensive player of the year in 2013 he was not in the top 10 in the league in blocks or blocks per game and he averaged less than 8 rebounds per game.

Front offices know Marc's value and if he had been a free agent last year he would have gotten a max deal.

To take this a bit further, besides Jordan how many other defensive players of the year have had as large a role in their team's offense as Gasol? How many of them were counted on to initiate a good deal of their team's offense? How many other big men can be counted on as playmakers like Marc can. How many bigs in the leage can play with both finess AND power like Marc can.

Marc is a special player and his stats do not tell the whole story. He is the best center in the game today.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 09:46 AM by idroot4russia.)
10-31-2014 09:37 AM
spankadelphia Offline
Banned

If there is even the slightest possibility that he may look elsewhere in free agency... they need to trade him. Simple as that. Losing Marc for nothing should not be considered a possibility. If it happens... fire everyone. EVERYONE.

I don't think it comes to that, though.
10-31-2014 04:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

photo cincinnati.png  photo connecticut.png  photo east_carolina.png  photo houston.png  photo memphis.png  photo navy.png  photo smu.png  photo temple.png  photo tulane.png  photo central_florida.png  photo south_florida.png
 photo louisville.png  photo rutgers.png

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.