25. Louisville
10-28-2014 07:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: College Football Playoff, Top 25, October 28th
Glad the committee has the same respect level for Ohio State I do, which is little.
10-28-2014 07:05 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
It certainly was eye opening to see them placed below Nebraska.
10-28-2014 07:08 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
Well, what we have learned is what we expected. This poll looks pretty much like all the others. The CFP list could very well be one of the 62 AP ballots. Only one team, Notre Dame, is more than 3 spots different from their AP rank. So why do we need a committee?
10-28-2014 07:08 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
I like that the committee is marching to the beat of their own drummer in the sense that the AP and Coaches Polls don't seem to influence them. Notre Dame being ranked 10th shows they really value marquee victories, of which Notre Dame has none as of now. They have some chances to move up though with Arizona State, Louisville, and USC still on the schedule. Also, the Big 12 is getting more respect, unlike the other polls.
10-28-2014 07:09 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-28-2014 07:08 PM)ken d Wrote:  Well, what we have learned is what we expected. This poll looks pretty much like all the others. The CFP list could very well be one of the 62 AP ballots. Only one team, Notre Dame, is more than 3 spots different from their AP rank. So why do we need a committee?

I don't think you have done a very good job of looking at the situation.

The polls have Alabama in and Ole Miss out of the top four. The Committee has Ole Miss in the top four still and Alabama out of it.

You have made a nice attempt of trying to paint over the results in an attempt to push your anti committee agenda it seems but where it really matters, they definitely have shown they are not following the AP poll.
10-28-2014 07:11 PM
Advertisement

ncbeta Offline
Suffering from trolliosis

Glad to be in the mix. Also think Nebraska should be higher than OSU, glad they did that.
10-28-2014 07:11 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2014 07:08 PM)ken d Wrote:  Well, what we have learned is what we expected. This poll looks pretty much like all the others. The CFP list could very well be one of the 62 AP ballots. Only one team, Notre Dame, is more than 3 spots different from their AP rank. So why do we need a committee?

I gotta say, I disagree with you 100%. By my count, only 6 schools are ranked the same as they are in the AP poll and 2 of them are obvious (Miss. St. and FSU). I wouldn't expect a bunch of schools to be ranked more than 3 spots higher or lower... that just wouldn't make a lot of sense.
10-28-2014 07:12 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-28-2014 07:08 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  It certainly was eye opening to see them placed below Nebraska.

Well for all the crap ECU's been taking about how the VT win isn't worth much anymore ECU did at least beat them instead of losing to them at home. That's probably the worst loss of any of the current 1 loss teams.
10-28-2014 07:12 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
There are so many games to be played just between teams currently in this top 20 to render this whole thing meaningless. Almost every one loss team will have the opportunity to establish a resume over the next six weeks that would present a valid argument for inclusion in the playoff. And if things broke just right, there a couple of two loss teams that might be able to make a case.
10-28-2014 07:14 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-28-2014 07:12 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 07:08 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  It certainly was eye opening to see them placed below Nebraska.

Well for all the crap ECU's been taking about how the VT win isn't worth much anymore ECU did at least beat them instead of losing to them at home. That's probably the worst loss of any of the current 1 loss teams.

You sound a little angry, that's ok I suppose. I do believe that if Ohio State had dominated Penn State as they had been doing to their opponents up until that point, they would be ranked higher than they are.

Yes, that loss to VT hurts them but I actually think their almost loss to Penn State hurt them even more.
10-28-2014 07:15 PM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I think they should have waited at least one more week. They are going to have a hard time overcoming their initial views. They will also probably get tired doing it 6 times.
10-28-2014 07:17 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-28-2014 07:15 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

You sound a little angry, that's ok I suppose. I do believe that if Ohio State had dominated Penn State as they had been doing to their opponents up until that point, they would be ranked higher than they are.

Yes, that loss to VT hurts them but I actually think their almost loss to Penn State hurt them even more.

No I'm not angry I'm thrilled all the way around. I was hoping ECU would be a little higher but I'm happy we appear to control our own fate for the access bowl. I'm just happy the committee appears to have given credit to who you beat and who you lost to. Ohio State has a really bad loss and no really good wins. I would argue they might deserve to even be below Utah.
10-28-2014 07:19 PM
dbackjon Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
For the most part, the SEC schools are getting into the meat of their schedules.

Mississippi State has to travel to Ole Miss and Alabama
Ole Miss still has MSU and Auburn
Auburn still has GA, Ole Miss and Bama on the road
Bama still has LSU, MSU and Auburn
Georgia has to travel to KY, play Auburn and Georgia Tech.

Lots of losses to be distributed among them.
10-28-2014 07:21 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(10-28-2014 07:19 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

No I'm not angry I'm thrilled all the way around. I was hoping ECU would be a little higher but I'm happy we appear to control our own fate for the access bowl. I'm just happy the committee appears to have given credit to who you beat and who you lost to. Ohio State has a really bad loss and no really good wins. I would argue they might deserve to even be below Utah.

To counter that though, they aren't all about who you beat and who you lose too. Ole Miss proves that.
10-28-2014 07:21 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

They weren't going for brand names much. Alabama was deservedly ranked lower than their #3 spots in the polls. Notre Dame was 10 instead of 6 or 7. TCU justly got some respect and was 7 instead of 10. Louisville got rated much higher (30 and 34-made top 25). Ohio St. was 3 spots lower. Georgia was 11 instead of 8 or 9 (if you've seen them play, they just don't look like a top 10 team. They're someone who can beat anybody in the country, but just aren't consistent). Pac 12 got more respect than they do from the AP writers who don't stay up late enough to see them. All 5 Pac 12 schools were rated higher in both polls or even in one and higher than the other.

Ole Miss being so high surprised me. Guess they are looking at a 3 point loss in Baton Rouge as a tie. They must think a lot of Boise.
10-28-2014 07:26 PM
Advertisement

ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
(10-28-2014 07:11 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  

The polls have Alabama in and Ole Miss out of the top four. The Committee has Ole Miss in the top four still and Alabama out of it.

You have made a nice attempt of trying to paint over the results in an attempt to push your anti committee agenda it seems but where it really matters, they definitely have shown they are not following the AP poll.

Nice try, Heinie. Only one team in the AP top five is not in the committee's top five (Alabama at #6). Only one team in the AP top ten is not in the committee's top ten (Georgia, which the committee has at #11). Only one team in the AP top 25 is not also in the committee's top 25. Just how much closer do you want them to get before you would agree their results are materially no different than other polls? They are just another poll, only with fewer members.

Maybe you haven't done a very good job of looking at the situation. You wouldn't be trying to push a pro-committee agenda now, would you?
10-28-2014 07:27 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(10-28-2014 07:21 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 07:19 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

To counter that though, they aren't all about who you beat and who you lose too. Ole Miss proves that.

Ole Miss beat Alabama so I would say they were correct to have them above Alabama for the moment.
10-28-2014 07:27 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

(10-28-2014 07:27 PM)ken d Wrote:  

Nice try, Heinie. Only one team in the AP top five is not in the committee's top five (Alabama at #6). Only one team in the AP top ten is not in the committee's top ten (Georgia, which the committee has at #11). Only one team in the AP top 25 is not also in the committee's top 25. Just how much closer do you want them to get before you would agree their results are materially no different than other polls? They are just another poll, only with fewer members.

Maybe you haven't done a very good job of looking at the situation. You wouldn't be trying to push a pro-committee agenda now, would you?

What do you want them to do? Shake up the rankings for the hell of it, to prove a point, or just to please you?
10-28-2014 07:30 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-28-2014 07:27 PM)ken d Wrote:  

Auburn 3 vs 4/4
Ole Miss 4 vs. 7/9
Oregon 5 vs. 5/6
Alabama 6 vs. 3/3
TCU 7 vs. 10/10
MSU 8 vs. 8/5
KSU 9 vs. 11/11
ND 10 vs. 6/7
UGA 11 vs. 9/8
AZ 12 vs. 14/15
Baylor 13 vs. 12/12
ASU 14 vs. 15/14
UNL 15 vs. 17/16
OSU 16 vs. 13/13
Utah 17 vs. 18/18
OU 18 vs. 19/20
LSU 19 vs. 16/17
WVU 20 vs. 20/22
Clemson 21 vs. 22/21
UCLA 22 vs. 25/25
ECU 23 vs. 21/19
Duke 24 vs. 24/24
UL 25 vs. 30/34

Looks pretty independent to me. Many more differences than I would have expected.
10-28-2014 07:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.