Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

No respect for G5 at all
Bookmark and Share
herdftblfan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall
No respect for G5 at all
Congrats to ECU but 23 is a token. They didn't want to rank a single G5 a school at all. Total disrespect. To me this shows the mindset and mentality.
10-28-2014 06:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
RE: No respect for G5 at all
Think you're overreacting.
10-28-2014 07:02 PM
Eagle in the gym Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-28-2014 07:02 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Think you're overreacting.

Think he is observant.
10-28-2014 07:03 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
No respect for G5 at all
ECU's opponents have the worst overall record of any team in the AP Top 25, having won only 38% of their games. They are lucky to be ranked with such a crappy schedule. 03-wink
10-28-2014 07:04 PM
Cnelson203 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall; WVU
Does this really surprise anyone? In years past, it seems that non BCS teams climbed, oh so slowly in the polls only as BCS schools started losing more than 1and2 games as the season progressed. It is most likely that the same thing will apply in the G5 era. For all of us, it's a war of attrition. G5 will progress only as P5 teams bomb out and leave a little room. Seems normal to me.

Just keeps winning and see what happens.
10-28-2014 07:11 PM
herdftblfan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I don't think I am at all. I think this is a strong message to the G5. The P5 has zero respect for us and is ranking ECU just as high as they have to. No G5 school will ever make the playoff; ever. I mean they didn't even respect the coaches poll.

ECU is relieved and I get that but this is a G5 shunning.
10-28-2014 07:14 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-28-2014 07:03 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 07:02 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  Think you're overreacting.

Think he is observant.

I'd say right on target... Honestly at best I was thinking we'd be as high as our ranking... or as low as 20 because of how our opponents have fared.
10-28-2014 07:20 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(10-28-2014 07:14 PM)herdftblfan1 Wrote:  I don't think I am at all. I think this is a strong message to the G5. The P5 has zero respect for us and is ranking ECU just as high as they have to. No G5 school will ever make the playoff; ever. I mean they didn't even respect the coaches poll.

I really kind of almost agree with you.... but what it looks more like to me is a self fulfilling prophecy....

P5 designation vs G5 designation is looking to be a caste system. The catch is a P5 won't move down too much for playing weak G5s or losing to P5s but its hard as hell for a G5 to move up based on trying to secure those P5 OOC games.

The playoff is nothing more than the BCS re-branded.
10-28-2014 07:24 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
Re: RE: No respect for G5 at all
(10-28-2014 07:24 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 07:14 PM)herdftblfan1 Wrote:  I don't think I am at all. I think this is a strong message to the G5. The P5 has zero respect for us and is ranking ECU just as high as they have to. No G5 school will ever make the playoff; ever. I mean they didn't even respect the coaches poll.

I really kind of almost agree with you.... but what it looks more like to me is a self fulfilling prophecy....

P5 designation vs G5 designation is looking to be a caste system. The catch is a P5 won't move down too much for playing weak G5s or losing to P5s but its hard as hell for a G5 to move up based on trying to secure those P5 OOC games.

Did you think it would be anything other than that? Bottom line is playing p5 schools matter because they have more talent more often than not. It's hard to NOT put a significant weight on thise games.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
10-28-2014 07:28 PM
herdftblfan1 Offline
Bench Warmer

No respect for G5 at all
They are forcing G5 schools to play P5 schools or else. Soon, all we will get are one and done or 3-1 offers to play. They are creating two divisions and sadly, recruits will start to see it as well.

They ranked one P5 just enough to show who they would give the access bowl. Otherwise, they slapped ever G5 school including ECU in the face.

10-28-2014 07:28 PM
Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
(10-28-2014 07:28 PM)herdftblfan1 Wrote:  They are forcing G5 schools to play P5 schools or else. Soon, all we will get are one and done or 3-1 offers to play. They are creating two divisions and sadly, recruits will start to see it as well.

They ranked one P5 just enough to show who they would give the access bowl. Otherwise, they slapped ever G5 school including ECU in the face.

Honestly, that's the way it should be. G5 programs should have multiple P5 teams on their schedule every year. I think G5 programs need to prove they can beat P5 teams during the season in order to earn the access bowl.
10-28-2014 07:32 PM
Advertisement

blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB

BlazerTalk Award
Pretty much what I expected & par for the course
10-28-2014 07:36 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

(10-28-2014 07:28 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 07:24 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

Did you think it would be anything other than that? Bottom line is playing p5 schools matter because they have more talent more often than not. It's hard to NOT put a significant weight on thise games.

NOPE.
10-28-2014 07:40 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
Anyone who didn't see this coming was lying to themselves, period. The Cartel bais is decades old, yes the cartel has always been there in some form or another and the bais runs deep. Even when ranking the G5 schools. I said it months ago and through out the season, but some didn't want to listen. They kept saying look at VT and UNC, they suck, true but one missed the point. In the eyes of these former coaches, AD's and Adimistators who all went to, graduated from, worked for Cartel schools, no matter how bad their record is they are "better". They play a "harder" conference schedule and are historically better,so they come to mind faster, than say Troy, SJSU, or who ever you want from the G5. So playing them gives better marks, especially when you hang 70 on them and beat another the week after they beat a ranked cartel team. Beating a Cartel team by 7 on the road is better than beating a so-so G5 by 40 at home in their eyes, always has and always will.
10-28-2014 07:41 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I think the OP is getting at the bigger point! there is absolutely no way a G5 will ever make the playoff.

Let's say you were an AD and had a crystal ball. You could look 5 years in the future and know which 4 P5 teams were going to be the best four teams in the land. You had 4 open dates and each one of them had an open date. You bite the bullet and agree to a one and done with each one, play them all on the road and end up only playing 4 home games. You go and beat every single one of them.

That's great, you are a shoe-in for the playoff, right? Nope, because you are still going to play 8 conference games against teams ranked between 40 and 120. At the end of the year you are 12-0 but have a SOS around 50. They will easily argue that a one loss team with a SOS of 15 is much more deserving.
10-28-2014 07:54 PM
Insane_Baboon Offline
1st String

I Root For: VT & UCF
(10-28-2014 07:54 PM)banker Wrote:  I think the OP is getting at the bigger point! there is absolutely no way a G5 will ever make the playoff.

Let's say you were an AD and had a crystal ball. You could look 5 years in the future and know which 4 P5 teams were going to be the best four teams in the land. You had 4 open dates and each one of them had an open date. You bite the bullet and agree to a one and done with each one, play them all on the road and end up only playing 4 home games. You go and beat every single one of them.

That's great, you are a shoe-in for the playoff, right? Nope, because you are still going to play 8 conference games against teams ranked between 40 and 120. At the end of the year you are 12-0 but have a SOS around 50. They will easily argue that a one loss team with a SOS of 15 is much more deserving.

Absolutely. The only way a G5 school makes it to the playoffs is this exact scenario:

Year 1: Undefeated. Wins over multiple ranked P5 teams and a win in the acces bowl.

Year 2; Undefeated. Wins over multiple ranked P5 teams.

At the end of year two, we would *MAYBE* be lucky enough to get into the rank 4 slot and even then we'd have to hope that there are no undefeated P5 teams.

You know what? That's BS because no P5 schools would have to jump through hoops like that.
10-28-2014 07:59 PM
Advertisement

ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(10-28-2014 07:54 PM)banker Wrote:  I think the OP is getting at the bigger point! there is absolutely no way a G5 will ever make the playoff.

Please don't tell you ever thought that would be a possibility.07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 08:03 PM by ecumbh1999.)
10-28-2014 08:01 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
They have us where they want us.
10-28-2014 08:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(10-28-2014 08:02 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  They have us where they want us.

When have they not????07-coffee3
10-28-2014 08:03 PM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

The real danger is that why should the P5 guys play at any non cartel school? Obviously SEC teams don't do much of this, they don't have to. ACC teams have recently done this, probably because of the conf. being in somewhat of a down phase, FSU/VT aside. UCF has the advantage of being the 3rd/4th best team the last decade in FL or so and everyone wants to play in FL for recruiting purposes which also has helped USF's home scheduling imho. I just don't see going forward how all the big boys don't hold ALL the cards scheduling wise: good losses in P5 conferences don't effect too negatively or so it appears, so why should they give up the HF advantage to play a tough G5 school? I see less and less of the 1-1's, like dinosaur less in the near future.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 08:11 PM by Von-Bek.)
10-28-2014 08:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.