Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yesterday's practice
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Yesterday's practice
This was the first time I had seen most of the kids since last year, and was the first time to see the new ones. Here are a few of my observations. Obviously it was difficult to make any definite conclusions, since players were being run in and out during the scrimmage, but these are my initial impressions.

Returnees. I hardly recognized James White. He has obviously put on a lot of muscle and looks great. Marius Hill has slimmed down, losing his baby fat, and looks terrific, and runs the floor well. Ben and Josh both looked good, as did Devonte. They're all solidly built young men. Remind me of Solo. Kemy also looked very good. His knee didn't seem to be bothering him at all. If he doesn't redshirt this season as someone suggested to be a possibility, he'll help us if he stays healthy. Gus is big and strong, and battles hard. Plus, he's an excellent free throw shooter. Mariek is moving well and doesn't hesitate to take his shot when he gets it. Another year in the weight room will benefit him. Stetson is coming along well, and should see a lot of action this season. I'm sure there will be a battle for playing time with Devonte and J.T competing. We'll be fine with either one running the team. If I left anyone out, I apoligize, but I think I covered most of them.

Newcomers: Roger Woods is very impressive. He is a big, strong guy, but has a very quick first step to the basket, and once he gets moving, he's either going to make a shot, get fouled or foul someone. I wouldn't want to get in his way when he goes to the basket. It could be severely painful. James Reid showed some shooting ability, as well as doing pretty well in other aspects of the game. Didn't see enough of Jerron Washington or Andre Brown to give a good evaluation, but I will say the young men came over after the practice and thanked us for being there. A seemingly really good group of kids. Steve was also very welcoming and came over to shake our hands also. I'm not ready to say we're ready for Ga State or ULL, but we have awhile to determine that.04-cheers
10-28-2014 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: Yesterday's practice
Thanks for the report. Sounds like James and Woods are ready to go to war. James White at 220 could be (hopefully) more than the Belt can handle.
10-30-2014 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.