Toledo picked to win MAC West in Basketball
10-28-2014 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket65 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UT RRRRRRockets
RE: Toledo picked to win MAC West in Basketball
Why did the Blade (formerly known as The Toledo Blade), use a picture for the article with graduated Rian Pearson with the ball? Don't they have a pic with a current player in their files? 01-lauramac2
10-28-2014 11:33 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-28-2014 11:33 AM)Rocket65 Wrote:  Why did the Blade (formerly known as The Toledo Blade), use a picture for the article with graduated Rian Pearson with the ball? Don't they have a pic with a current player in their files? 01-lauramac2

They had to find a photo that had mostly BG players.
10-28-2014 12:02 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
They were originally going with one of Aaron Craft.
10-28-2014 12:06 PM
Advertisement

bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
2 questions that will be answered before we begin MAC play:

1) Can we adequately back Juice up at PG? Not saying the freshman Mosely has to make the MAC all-freshmen team (although that would be nice), but it would be good to give Juice a few more minutes of rest this season and still have the offense look crisper than it did when he wasn't on the floor last season.

2) Will we do a better job defending on the perimeter? Much like every QB seems to put up crazy numbers against us in football, it just seemed like last season teams were hitting quite a few open 3s against us.

All other things being equal, I like our chances this time around.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 12:12 PM by bcunn3128.)
10-28-2014 12:11 PM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Like most I like our chances, the deepest team we've had in years, probably since before I was born, but it also comes with high expectations. I think that is something last years team didn't have a handle on. We had the athletes, but not the killer instinct. We didn't how to turn the success in to momentum. The team was different after Drummond's arrest and that little incident took us off the rails. If we get any production from the freshman or the Spaniard, that is gravy. Our core players are good enough to take us far.

I think it will be interesting if we get any additional spark when Applewhite becomes available after the first semester. Fresh legs, big, athletic body, hopefully mature beyond our freshmen. He could be a key to this season and the loss of Pierson. Slightly different position, but he should have a chip on his shoulder.
10-28-2014 01:00 PM
Terry Offline
All American

I Root For: The Rockets
(10-28-2014 01:00 PM)emanoh Wrote:  Like most I like our chances, the deepest team we've had in years, probably since before I was born, but it also comes with high expectations. I think that is something last years team didn't have a handle on. We had the athletes, but not the killer instinct. We didn't how to turn the success in to momentum. The team was different after Drummond's arrest and that little incident took us off the rails. If we get any production from the freshman or the Spaniard, that is gravy. Our core players are good enough to take us far.

I think it will be interesting if we get any additional spark when Applewhite becomes available after the first semester. Fresh legs, big, athletic body, hopefully mature beyond our freshmen. He could be a key to this season and the loss of Pierson. Slightly different position, but he should have a chip on his shoulder.

Remember, Applewhite played and started in the SEC and his dad is a head high school coach in Memphis, Tennessee. He's mature.
10-28-2014 06:37 PM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Correct Terry, that is why I mentioned Applewhite as being a key factor in this season and for replacing Pierson. Pierson was a good/great player but self admittedly not a vocal leader. Applewhite ' s entry at mid season could be that cog in the "getting to" the ncaa's machine.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 08:03 PM by emanoh.)
10-28-2014 08:02 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Not having Applewhite to start the year could cost us some games. It will pay dividends come MAC Tourney time though. Other players will have some meaningful minutes who might not otheerwise have played them.
10-28-2014 10:41 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Findlay in a week will be a good gauge of our program to start the season. Hillsdale took us to 2OT last season and ended up .500 in DII. Findlay may win the NCAA tourney this year... Can't fricking wait!
10-29-2014 10:17 AM
Advertisement

Campbell4President Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(10-29-2014 10:17 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Findlay in a week will be a good gauge of our program to start the season. Hillsdale took us to 2OT last season and ended up .500 in DII. Findlay may win the NCAA tourney this year... Can't fricking wait!

I can't wait for the Rockets basketball season to start but I could wait a lifetime to see Findlay play and be ok with that. 04-cheers
10-29-2014 10:36 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

Anyone attend the kickoff thing ? Impressions?
10-29-2014 11:27 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Instagram post of J.D's dunks were incredible. Hops out of the gym...
10-29-2014 11:28 PM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Whatever happened to Speicher's son?
10-30-2014 08:29 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(10-30-2014 08:29 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Whatever happened to Speicher's son?

Not sure.
10-30-2014 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.