Religion of Peace ™
10-28-2014 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: ISIS torture before the beheadings.
(10-28-2014 09:01 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Religion of Peace ™

They are killing muslims as well so that goes out the window. These idiots are a new bread of evil.
10-28-2014 09:02 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(10-28-2014 09:02 AM)VA49er Wrote:  They are killing muslims as well so that goes out the window.

To dismiss them as not-Islamic because they've killed other Muslims is foolish.

As many have seen said many times before, if even only 10% of the global Muslim population supports the extremists, and if even only 10% of that supporting population ARE extremists, that’s still twice the population of the state of Minnesota and about 1 1/3 the population of New York City.

I have been told again and again by ‘experts’ and ‘talking heads’ and even other posters that Islam is the Religion of Peace ™ and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this as an unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It's meaningless fluff meant to make those experts and talking heads and posters feel better and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march to the beat of the Quran. And the good Muslims remain irrelevant.

I remain steadfast in my interpretation.
10-28-2014 09:21 AM
Brokeback Flamer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tight ends
(10-28-2014 09:02 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 09:01 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Religion of Peace ™

They are killing muslims as well so that goes out the window. These idiots are a new bread of evil.

ISIS would tell you those people are not true Muslim's those the reason they were killed.
10-28-2014 09:33 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
These guys are to Muslims what the KKK is to Christianity.
10-28-2014 09:45 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-28-2014 09:45 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  These guys are to Muslims what the KKK is to Christianity.

Maybe 100 years ago. The KKK, while a despicable organization, isn't murdering people in the streets today.
10-28-2014 10:02 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Not worried, remember they are the JV team, lol.
10-28-2014 10:03 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-28-2014 09:45 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  These guys are to Muslims what the KKK is to Christianity.

I really don't believe the two groups analogous. ISIS is much, much worse in scope and brutality. This ISIS group is engaged in another "killing fields" - the KKK never approached that.
10-28-2014 10:12 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(10-28-2014 10:02 AM)Niner National Wrote:  

Maybe 100 years ago. The KKK, while a despicable organization, isn't murdering people in the streets today.

Nor did the KKK have tanks, technicals, AK-47s, an air force, or Twitter.
10-28-2014 10:22 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
(10-28-2014 08:51 AM)Niner National Wrote:  They're not humans.

Unfortunately, they are, but they follow an anti-human ideology.
10-28-2014 10:37 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I believe one of the Owls said "Never fight a war you don't intend to win". Looks like ISIS is taking that to heart.
10-28-2014 10:45 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-28-2014 09:21 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 09:02 AM)VA49er Wrote:  They are killing muslims as well so that goes out the window.

As many have seen said many times before, if even only 10% of the global Muslim population supports the extremists, and if even only 10% of that supporting population ARE extremists, that’s still twice the population of the state of Minnesota and about 1 1/3 the population of New York City.

I have been told again and again by ‘experts’ and ‘talking heads’ and even other posters that Islam is the Religion of Peace ™ and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this as an unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It's meaningless fluff meant to make those experts and talking heads and posters feel better and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march to the beat of the Quran. And the good Muslims remain irrelevant.

Yea, everyone else has advanced. Christianity doesn't have the Inquisition anymore. We aren't burning people for witchcraft, or for saying the Earth goes around the sun. Only Islam, it appears, is several hundred years out of date. Thus they fight with Christians in Africa, Hindus in India, and pretty much everyone in the Middle East.
10-28-2014 10:54 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-28-2014 10:54 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 09:21 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  

Yea, everyone else has advanced. Christianity doesn't have the Inquisition anymore. We aren't burning people for witchcraft, or for saying the Earth goes around the sun. Only Islam, it appears, is several hundred years out of date. Thus they fight with Christians in Africa, Hindus in India, and pretty much everyone in the Middle East.

Hell, they kill other Muslims that aren't of their branch much like Protestants and Catholics did a couple hundred years ago.

They are anywhere from a thousand to a couple hundred years behind the times.....
10-28-2014 11:43 AM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
It is a bit ironic that they are using the torture methods we used on their prisoners.
10-28-2014 12:57 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-28-2014 12:57 PM)fsquid Wrote:  It is a bit ironic that they are using the torture methods we used on their prisoners.

I'm willing to bet they are also using methods popular in the 1700's and doing the throat slitting thing that is very different from what we are purported to have done.

I don't think there is a valid comparison of what the US does to prisoners and what ISIS does to prisoners .
10-28-2014 02:20 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(10-28-2014 02:20 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(10-28-2014 12:57 PM)fsquid Wrote:  It is a bit ironic that they are using the torture methods we used on their prisoners.

I'm willing to bet they are also using methods popular in the 1700's and doing the throat slitting thing that is very different from what we are purported to have done.

I don't think there is a valid comparison of what the US does to prisoners and what ISIS does to prisoners .

Well, waterboarding isn't torture, right? That's what we were told....
10-28-2014 03:06 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
These are probably the former Gitmo detainees Obama has released back into the wild since 2009 running ISIS.
10-29-2014 10:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.