Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Boca Raton Bowl
Bookmark and Share
Kansacity88 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU, ILL, & ISU
Boca Raton Bowl
Quick question: Does anyone know which place team they'll be taking from the MAC? For instance, will they take the 2nd or 3rd place team in the MAC? The wife and I spend Christmas vacation in Boca Raton every year and low and behold, theres a bowl game right down the street from us now. Literally 4 minutes up Powerline Road!!! The tickets are on sale now but the wife (an NIU alum also) sees "MAC team" and automatically thinks NIU will be there. So she is wanting to buy tickets now. LOL!!! Love her to death but geez!!!
10-28-2014 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
RE: Boca Raton Bowl
Based on this article, it sounds like the MAC is no longer numbering and guaranteeing teams for bowls. They are instead trying place based on matchup.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/stor.../18009649/
10-28-2014 08:28 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(10-28-2014 08:14 AM)Kansacity88 Wrote:  Quick question: Does anyone know which place team they'll be taking from the MAC? For instance, will they take the 2nd or 3rd place team in the MAC? The wife and I spend Christmas vacation in Boca Raton every year and low and behold, theres a bowl game right down the street from us now. Literally 4 minutes up Powerline Road!!! The tickets are on sale now but the wife (an NIU alum also) sees "MAC team" and automatically thinks NIU will be there. So she is wanting to buy tickets now. LOL!!! Love her to death but geez!!!

It is all based on the best matchups in the eyes of ESPN.

The only MAC bowl that has a specific numbered pick is GoDaddy because they are not owned by ESPN. Previous years the GoDaddy has had the #1 MAC pick for the odd years but now that the Detroit bowl is not our primary I think it may go to GoDaddy.
10-28-2014 08:34 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-28-2014 08:14 AM)Kansacity88 Wrote:  Quick question: Does anyone know which place team they'll be taking from the MAC? For instance, will they take the 2nd or 3rd place team in the MAC? The wife and I spend Christmas vacation in Boca Raton every year and low and behold, theres a bowl game right down the street from us now. Literally 4 minutes up Powerline Road!!! The tickets are on sale now but the wife (an NIU alum also) sees "MAC team" and automatically thinks NIU will be there. So she is wanting to buy tickets now. LOL!!! Love her to death but geez!!!

I will be there as a MAC fan and local resident, even if BGSU plays. Orange Bowl committee members are now involved in the Boca Bowl. NIU was one of the 3 MAC schools mentioned as a possibility in an article talking to the MAC Commissioner. The MAC team is staying at the PGA Resort about 35 -40 minutes from the stadium. The CUSA team will be at the Boca Raton Hotel and Resort. Teams will be announced December 7th.
10-29-2014 09:45 AM
Advertisement

GOONSQUAD41 Offline
2nd String

Knowing SF he is gonna lobby for this one and or go back to SD. Save your money folks!! :)
10-29-2014 09:51 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

We have 5 main bowls and 3 (really 5) back up bowls. Out of those, 6+ are owned by ESPN so we could see a huge amount of shuffling going on not counting the other ESPN owned bowls.

GoDaddy
Potato - ESPN owned
AL bowl - ESPN owned
Boca Bowl - ESPN owned?
Bahamas Bowl - ESPN owned

Tie ins...
Detroit (either team)

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl (backup Navy);

ESPN Owned
Gildan New Mexico Bowl
Bitcoin St. Petersburg Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
10-29-2014 10:55 AM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

From the "Matchup" section of the Boca Raton Bowl's website:

MATCHUP
The Boca Raton Bowl will feature representatives from the Mid-Atlantic Conference, Conference USA and the American Athletic Association. The inaugural bowl, announced in the summer of 2013, will be played on Dec. 23 (6 pm ET on ESPN) from Florida Atlantic Stadium on FAU’s campus. The schools participating will be announced when bowl matchups are determined in the weeks leading up to the game.

...So we've got that going for us...
11-03-2014 05:45 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
classic.
11-03-2014 06:50 PM
Michael James Offline
1st String

I Root For: Northern
(11-03-2014 05:45 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  From the "Matchup" section of the Boca Raton Bowl's website:

MATCHUP
The Boca Raton Bowl will feature representatives from the Mid-Atlantic Conference, Conference USA and the American Athletic Association. The inaugural bowl, announced in the summer of 2013, will be played on Dec. 23 (6 pm ET on ESPN) from Florida Atlantic Stadium on FAU’s campus. The schools participating will be announced when bowl matchups are determined in the weeks leading up to the game.

Do they mean the American Athletic Conference?
11-03-2014 07:56 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

(11-03-2014 07:56 PM)Michael James Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 05:45 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  From the "Matchup" section of the Boca Raton Bowl's website:

MATCHUP

Do they mean the American Athletic Conference?

Yeah, I noticed that after I posted.
11-03-2014 08:38 PM
Advertisement

HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Huskies
I wonder what they think USA stands for?
11-03-2014 09:48 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

MATCHUP

Hey, at least they got "conference" right.

Quote:Ball State (1-5, 0-2 Mid-Atlantic Coast) had a chance to win but turned the ball over downs on the Western Michigan 8.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/201.../17119271/
11-03-2014 11:14 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Corner/endzone tickets are about $28. Sideline are around $48.
11-04-2014 10:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.