Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Really Saban.... At least pay the property taxes.
Bookmark and Share
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
Really Saban.... At least pay the property taxes.
Just wow..... makes you wonder what else is going on at Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...saban-home
10-27-2014 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Really Saban.... At least pay the property taxes.
Yeah my work pays for my home as well.....through my PAYCHECK.
10-27-2014 11:19 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
He should be reporting that as taxable compensation.
10-27-2014 11:21 AM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
The rich get richer. It's disgusting.
10-27-2014 11:32 AM
Advertisement

tjt1980 Offline
Special Teams

Hm... smells a lot like envy in here.

Good for him. If only we all were as successful at what we do as he is at what he does. There's a lot of reasons he gets paid a boat load of money, and I wouldn't want the pressure that comes with any of them. I'm happy to be comfortable, and I'm happy that there are people willing to put in the time and effort to bring me NCAA college football. So while they're working on Saturday and Sunday to pay for their big beautiful homes, i'm sitting in my perfectly comfortable home, with my kids all around me, watching some football on cool fall afternoon.

And I appreciate the rich people that pay my salary. Keep on getting richer and employing more people like me who appreciate what we have and know there is something greater to work for.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 12:39 PM by tjt1980.)
10-27-2014 12:38 PM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

(10-27-2014 12:38 PM)tjt1980 Wrote:  Hm... smells a lot like envy in here.

Good for him. If only we all were as successful at what we do as he is at what he does. There's a lot of reasons he gets paid a boat load of money, and I wouldn't want the pressure that comes with any of them. I'm happy to be comfortable, and I'm happy that there are people willing to put in the time and effort to bring me NCAA college football. So while they're working on Saturday and Sunday to pay for their big beautiful homes, i'm sitting in my perfectly comfortable home, with my kids all around me, watching some football on cool fall afternoon.

And I appreciate the rich people that pay my salary. Keep on getting richer and employing more people like me who appreciate what we have and know there is something greater to work for.

Exactly. Thanks...you saved me some typing.
10-27-2014 03:03 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Those people don't create jobs, just ask Hillary.... 05-stirthepot
10-27-2014 03:22 PM
Advertisement

dekalb222 Offline
All American

I Root For: niu
Use your brain people! Middle and lower income people are the job creators. They spend 90 some percent of their money. That's what creates jobs, its called demand. The more money you can save the less jobs you create. Middle and lower income people put all their money right back into the economy! Small business and people spending money drives this country, not wealthy people. Also, success is a lot of other thing then how much money you make.
10-27-2014 03:39 PM
djsfw57 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stephen F Austin, Toledo
Well thank GOD someone is giving him a hand. I don't know how in the world he would make it financially without someone paying his mortgage and his taxes. Certainly has helped ME to become financially independent. What a joke. Pay him millions of dollars every year and don't forget to pay an extra million or two for stuff that he wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. And no I am not envious. I am sick and tired of this country being SO completely screwed in the head when it comes to athletes and sports. In the grand scheme of things, they are way down the list - at least to normal people.
10-27-2014 04:49 PM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
(10-27-2014 11:21 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  He should be reporting that as taxable compensation.

This would probably be the case. Can't think of any exception unless the foundation bought it for the university, the Alabama owns the house and is providing corporate housing.
10-27-2014 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-27-2014 03:39 PM)dekalb222 Wrote:  Use your brain people! Middle and lower income people are the job creators. They spend 90 some percent of their money. That's what creates jobs, its called demand. The more money you can save the less jobs you create. Middle and lower income people put all their money right back into the economy! Small business and people spending money drives this country, not wealthy people. Also, success is a lot of other thing then how much money you make.

It is not at all true that the more money you save, the less jobs you create. Money that is saved is used to fund capital expansion and make businesses more efficient and thus able to retain market share and compete on a global basis. Some rich people create jobs because they became rich from innovation and taking chances that create successful businesses. The bigger issue is with wealthy "managers" at large companies that line their pockets through the destruction and off-shoring of jobs previously held by the middle income workers. They claim it is to remain competitive. That is not true - it is mostly to show short term savings to enhance their bonus payouts. Those people almost always indulge in themselves. That kills an economy.
10-30-2014 06:28 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Saban seems like a good charity case
10-31-2014 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Carolina Rocket Offline
Token fat guy

I Root For: Toledo
The only problem I have with this is him turning around and telling his kids that they can't even accept a cheeseburger lunch from a supporter. Not his fault, it's the NCAA... The double standards are ridiculous.
11-01-2014 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.