Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

SMU's fan base & ours
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
SMU's fan base & ours
I'll say this, of those smu fans that were there, they are loyal. At one point I was embarrassed for the ones sitting around me, & I didn't dare be boisterous about our impending victory. Those fans were hopeful of a comeback even when it was 31-7. It was hot for a football game, but a perfect day for anything else in Dallas. I was impressed & humbled by how committed those fans were to their ponies. That program has risen from the ashes & one can only hope that they are rewarded with a wining team in time. I know we have finally came out of our abyss, here's to hoping they do soon. IMO SMU makes for a great rival because both cities & schools are such polar opposites.

Our fans that came to the game were great. Actually loud. But respectful from everything I saw. Once again I enjoyed going to another near by tiger sporting event and sharing the experience with fellow memphians.

As far as the game goes. I'll try not to be to optimistic about the outcome. Smu was small, slow, lacked fundamentals & didn't seem bothered by losing big. Their players were dancing the entire game. & it did appear that durig most of the 2nd half both teams went into practice mode trying new schemes & playing backups. However one cannot deny that we have a good football team.

I got to sit beside Deon Sanders. Didn't bother him as he was with family & watching his son. Also he just had to sell his mansion because his living expenses were causing him to lose 1 million a year. So he probably isn't chipper as he comes to grips on reality. But i think he'll be ok as he's still worth north of $40 million & makes 1.5 million per year in income & endorsements.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 09:16 AM by BIGDTiger.)
10-27-2014 09:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
RE: SMU's fan base & ours
(10-27-2014 09:14 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I'll say this, of those smu fans that were there, they are loyal. At one point I was embarrassed for the ones sitting around me, & I didn't dare be boisterous about our impending victory. Those fans were hopeful of a comeback even when it was 31-7. It was hot for a football game, but a perfect day for anything else in Dallas. I was impressed & humbled by how committed those fans were to their ponies. That program has risen from the ashes & one can only hope that they are rewarded with a wining team in time. I know we have finally came out of our abyss, here's to hoping they do soon. IMO SMU makes for a great rival because both cities & schools are such polar opposites.

Our fans that came to the game were great. Actually loud. But respectful from everything I saw. Once again I enjoyed going to another near by tiger sporting event and sharing the experience with fellow memphians.

As far as the game goes. I'll try not to be to optimistic about the outcome. Smu was small, slow, lacked fundamentals & didn't seem bothered by losing big. Their players were dancing the entire game. & it did appear that durig most of the 2nd half both teams went into practice mode trying new schemes & playing backups. However one cannot deny that we have a good football team.

I got to sit beside Deon Sanders. Didn't bother him as he was with family & watching his son. Also he just had to sell his mansion because his living expenses were causing him to lose 1 million a year. So he probably isn't chipper as he comes to grips on reality. But i think he'll be ok as he's still worth north of $40 million & makes 1.5 million per year in income & endorsements.

I take it you were up in a box?
You should have come over to 126.

What was Deion's expression when Jr finally got to field a kick off and dropped it?
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 09:18 AM by Bill83.)
10-27-2014 09:18 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(10-27-2014 09:18 AM)Bill83 Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 09:14 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  I'll say this, of those smu fans that were there, they are loyal. At one point I was embarrassed for the ones sitting around me, & I didn't dare be boisterous about our impending victory. Those fans were hopeful of a comeback even when it was 31-7. It was hot for a football game, but a perfect day for anything else in Dallas. I was impressed & humbled by how committed those fans were to their ponies. That program has risen from the ashes & one can only hope that they are rewarded with a wining team in time. I know we have finally came out of our abyss, here's to hoping they do soon. IMO SMU makes for a great rival because both cities & schools are such polar opposites.

I take it you were up in a box?
You should have come over to 126.

What was Deion's expression when Jr finally got to field a kick off and dropped it?

I was in 104 row 7. Deon was on the same row one section over. He had no expression the entire game.
10-27-2014 09:21 AM
holyterror Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Deion was on camera more that Fuente was, I think.
10-27-2014 09:21 AM
holyterror Online
Hall of Famer

Oh, and 19.000+ as recorded attendance? Seriously? It looked like that Miami-Cincy game a couple of weeks ago.
10-27-2014 09:23 AM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers

It might come as a surprise but Deion is not a very approachable person in most circumstances. Same goes for Emmitt Smith, despite what you see on TV and interviews.

It is obvious that the SMU players are in shell shock. I'd like to see that program do well.
10-27-2014 09:24 AM
Advertisement

holyterror Online
Hall of Famer

I read a fascinating story by Deion about the night he put a gun in his mouth while holding his Super Bowl MVP trophy. Emmitt called right then and talked him out of it.
10-27-2014 09:40 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Deion was is and always will be a drama queen. If he told me the sky was blue id question it.
10-27-2014 09:41 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I like him on the NFL network.
10-27-2014 09:55 AM
tigers1125 Offline
Banned

(10-27-2014 09:21 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Deion was on camera more that Fuente was, I think.

SMU's interim coach got more camera time than anyone. Or every else combined.
10-27-2014 10:25 AM
Tiger46 Online
Hall of Famer

(10-27-2014 10:25 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 09:21 AM)holyterror Wrote:  Deion was on camera more that Fuente was, I think.

I was on row 3 on the 40 behind the Tiger bench. Finally had time to watch the recording and they really didn't show CJF much. There was one shot where I could see my wife and me, that's how spread out the crowd was.
10-27-2014 11:09 AM
Advertisement

BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

(10-27-2014 11:09 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 10:25 AM)tigers1125 Wrote:  

I was on row 3 on the 40 behind the Tiger bench. Finally had time to watch the recording and they really didn't show CJF much. There was one shot where I could see my wife and me, that's how spread out the crowd was.

That's ok. Let's keep him a secret!
10-27-2014 02:07 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I watched the game again last night, after I watched the second half of LSU/OM and the contrast in size was something else.

SMU looked teeny tiny...like a JC team. The second time around seeing it, I was glad for them and their fans that they scored a TD.
10-27-2014 05:12 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(10-27-2014 09:40 AM)holyterror Wrote:  I read a fascinating story by Deion about the night he put a gun in his mouth while holding his Super Bowl MVP trophy. Emmitt called right then and talked him out of it.

I'll always be a Deion fan simply because he dumped a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver's head.
10-27-2014 06:33 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
They do have more interesting wildlife hanging around the complex. They had a grey fox sitting on a wall. If they showed the area around Libertybowl too closely we might see a large sewer rat.
10-27-2014 08:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
holyterror Online
Hall of Famer

(10-27-2014 06:33 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 09:40 AM)holyterror Wrote:  I read a fascinating story by Deion about the night he put a gun in his mouth while holding his Super Bowl MVP trophy. Emmitt called right then and talked him out of it.

I'll always be a Deion fan simply because he dumped a bucket of ice water on Tim McCarver's head.

Man, that's right. I forgot about that!
10-27-2014 08:37 PM
Advertisement

TigerTim Offline
All American

I Root For:
So you really didn't sit next to Deion huh?
10-27-2014 08:56 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
SMU's fan base & ours
Great dad, first game he has gone to
10-27-2014 09:02 PM
MemphisTiger15 Offline
Banned

I Root For: an AAC 'ship
(10-27-2014 06:33 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

yep. although, I will say I never dreamed Fox WS coverage could be worse than the insufferable Joe Buck and Timmy Mac. Somehow, they brought in Harold Reynolds and were able to do so. So glad McCarver decided to retire. Now if Fox could just send Buck back to STL to sweep the floors in his dad's broadcast booth....

Loved back in the day on ESPN when Berman would start the "Prime Time.. Prime Time.. Prime Time" chant on a Deion pick 6
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 12:21 AM by MemphisTiger15.)
10-28-2014 12:19 AM
KYTIGER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UofM
(10-27-2014 08:30 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  They do have more interesting wildlife hanging around the complex. They had a grey fox sitting on a wall. If they showed the area around Libertybowl too closely we might see a large sewer rat.

Now I know you've never even been there. Heavens, what an idiot.
10-28-2014 04:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.