Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Athletics in Ascendance
Bookmark and Share
SouthernBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Athletics in Ascendance
The really big time universities have good programs in both football and basketball. That is my dream for our Memphis Tigers. NCAA tourney bids for basketball and Bowl invitations for our football team.

We are fortunate to have two really good young coaches in both football and basketball. The football program is really developing under Coach Fuente. The basketball program is also looking good with Coach Pastner. With these two young coaches, both the NCAA tourney bids and the bowl invitations look to be becoming annual occurrences.

I hope we can keep them both around for a long time.
10-26-2014 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SmokyTiger Offline
Special Teams

RE: Athletics in Ascendance
Amen!

"Beat Um, Beat Um, Beat Um!"
10-26-2014 06:31 PM
Raleigh_Tiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Dean, Tigers

Donators
(10-26-2014 06:23 PM)SouthernBlue Wrote:  The really big time universities have good programs in both football and basketball. That is my dream for our Memphis Tigers. NCAA tourney bids for basketball and Bowl invitations for our football team.

We are fortunate to have two really good young coaches in both football and basketball. The football program is really developing under Coach Fuente. The basketball program is also looking good with Coach Pastner. With these two young coaches, both the NCAA tourney bids and the bowl invitations look to be becoming annual occurrences.

I hope we can keep them both around for a long time.

^This.
10-26-2014 06:39 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Yes.

People really get behind success and winning because it 'feels' good and lifts the whole city.

The more our Memphis winners, like Penny, come back and put their energy into the community, the more the whole city will move in a direction that many other cities in this country cannot even begin to understand.

One successful person mentoring young kids is a catalyst.

Memphis has raised many great athletes and will continue to do so. We need most of them to commit to UofM, and the city itself.

When they leave for other schools, we lose more than their athletic skills. We lose their ability to make a difference in the future of the community. That's too much loss.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 06:55 PM by snowtiger.)
10-26-2014 06:54 PM
Advertisement

hsvtiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Tina
(10-26-2014 06:54 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Yes.

People really get behind success and winning because it 'feels' good and lifts the whole city.

The more our Memphis winners, like Penny, come back and put their energy into the community, the more the whole city will move in a direction that many other cities in this country cannot even begin to understand.

One successful person mentoring young kids is a catalyst.

Memphis has raised many great athletes and will continue to do so. We need most of them to commit to UofM, and the city itself.

When they leave for other schools, we lose more than their athletic skills. We lose their ability to make a difference in the future of the community. That's too much loss.

Well said.
10-26-2014 07:37 PM
DallasTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
And an AD to lead the program.
10-26-2014 07:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FranklinTNTiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(10-26-2014 07:40 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  And an AD to lead the program.

And a President that tweets before and during our football games!! Administration that cares.
10-26-2014 08:50 PM
Advertisement

21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Our previous President had no clue. So glad we have turned a new page.
10-27-2014 01:10 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2014 08:50 PM)FranklinTNTiger Wrote:  

And a President that tweets before and during our football games!! Administration that cares.

What a wonderful difference from the incompetent administration(s) of the past.
10-27-2014 08:14 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

All we need now is about 50,000 alumni and citizens who care enough to give time and money. Don't we have over 100,000 alumni right here in the greater metropolitan area? Don't most of them have families? The potential is enormous. All the elements necessary for the desired reaction are in place. PRIDE is the catalyst.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 08:45 AM by Gray Avenger.)
10-27-2014 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SNF6 Offline
Go To Hell Ole Miss

I Root For: Vol Free USA
(10-27-2014 08:14 AM)wylioats Wrote:  

What a wonderful difference from the incompetent administration(s) of the past.

They actually had no clue that they were incompetent. Amazing!
10-27-2014 11:43 AM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
(10-27-2014 08:44 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  

All we need now is about 50,000 alumni and citizens who care enough to give time and money. Don't we have over 100,000 alumni right here in the greater metropolitan area? Don't most of them have families? The potential is enormous. All the elements necessary for the desired reaction are in place. PRIDE is the catalyst.

Not that many with any Jack doe
10-27-2014 11:46 AM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
And it really costs an arm and a leg to go to a game. There is NO free parking for miles around. It is required that you buy the overpriced beer and popcorn. There are never any free tickets, anywhere. And my goodness, a season ticket for six games costs the huge sum of $55. All the events for children on Tiger Lane and the bands each week cost so much to get into. The gas alone to get to the LB will break the bank, and you wouldn't have any money left to ever drive from Cordova to Beale Street. That would kill your social life.
10-27-2014 01:23 PM
Advertisement

tigergeorge55 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U OF M
(10-27-2014 01:23 PM)21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Wrote:  And it really costs an arm and a leg to go to a game. There is NO free parking for miles around. It is required that you buy the overpriced beer and popcorn. There are never any free tickets, anywhere. And my goodness, a season ticket for six games costs the huge sum of $55. All the events for children on Tiger Lane and the bands each week cost so much to get into. The gas alone to get to the LB will break the bank, and you wouldn't have any money left to ever drive from Cordova to Beale Street. That would kill your social life.

03-lmfao

Thats funny but you are so right most of the cost is the $55 dollar ticket.

GO TIGERS and KEEP the prices that way as long as you can. But don't let me stop you.
10-27-2014 02:37 PM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

I've been really impressed by the social media presence of the athletic department this year.
10-27-2014 04:24 PM
MtownTigers916 Offline
Tiger PhD

And the concert series.
10-27-2014 04:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.