Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Winners and Losers...SunBelt style
Bookmark and Share
sarkelcpa Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS, Ohio St.
Winners and Losers...SunBelt style
From Dr. Saturday:

Elijah McGuire: The Louisiana-Lafayette running back merely ran 19 times for 265 yards and four touchdowns in a 55-40 shootout win over Arkansas State. Before you do the math in your head, that’s a staggering 13.9 yards-per-carry mark, and a performance that blew away McGuire’s output this season. His previous high was 129 yards in the Ragin’ Cajuns’ 45-6 opener against Southern, and the 265-yard clip was just his second triple-digit tally of the year. Good time to bust it out, though.

Georgia Southern: In a clash between new FBS schools, the Eagles did something crazy, running for more yards (613) against Georgia State than eight teams had all year entering Saturday. Those teams: UCF, Penn State, UConn, Kent State, Louisiana-Monroe, SMU, Washington State and Wake Forest. In case you haven’t been paying attention (and it's OK that you haven’t), Georgia Southern is now 5-0 in the Sun Belt and 6-2 overall. Not too shabby for a team just getting used to FBS play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...36298.html
10-26-2014 07:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Winners and Losers...SunBelt style
Nice GaSo I watched the first half of the game and couldn't for the life of me understand why GaSt was playing their linebackers 7 and eight yards deep. Three things happened if and when they made contact Southern would run over them for another 5yards, break the tackle for a long run or never get touched. oh well congrats
10-26-2014 09:58 AM
GSUNCSU Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(10-26-2014 09:58 AM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  Nice GaSo I watched the first half of the game and couldn't for the life of me understand why GaSt was playing their linebackers 7 and eight yards deep. Three things happened if and when they made contact Southern would run over them for another 5yards, break the tackle for a long run or never get touched. oh well congrats
You'd been more mesmerized by their lack of half-time adjustments. C'mon coach give the kids a chance to compete at least.
10-26-2014 10:15 AM
Advertisement

timf82 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Not For GSU
(10-26-2014 09:58 AM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  Nice GaSo I watched the first half of the game and couldn't for the life of me understand why GaSt was playing their linebackers 7 and eight yards deep. Three things happened if and when they made contact Southern would run over them for another 5yards, break the tackle for a long run or never get touched. oh well congrats
They were concerned with the Georgia Southern passing attack.....COGS
10-26-2014 11:19 AM
GSUNCSU Offline
2nd String

(10-26-2014 11:19 AM)timf82 Wrote:  
They were concerned with the Georgia Southern passing attack.....COGS
The UF game plan, minus blocking each other on offense.
10-26-2014 12:06 PM
Advertisement

GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern
Atlanta Journal article – “Georgia Southern Destroys Georgia State”.
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/georgia-s...ate/nhrr7/

SB Nation – “Georgia Southern Gets The “W” & the “U”
http://www.underdogdynasty.com/2014/10/2...ll-rivalry

Statesboro Herald - Georgia Southern Claims “U”
http://gsueaglenation.com/notebook-georg...-claims-u/

Statesboro Herald – Dome, Sweet Dome
http://gsueaglenation.com/anthony-dome-s...agle-fans/

Savannah Now – Eagles Pile Up Yards & Win”
http://savannahnow.com/sports/2014-10-25...tate-69-31

College Football – “ GSU Runs Past Georgia State”
http://collegefootball.ap.org/indexjourn...tate-69-31

AP Story
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ee9bb4d48...tate-69-31
10-26-2014 01:33 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(10-26-2014 10:15 AM)GSUNCSU Wrote:  
You'd been more mesmerized by their lack of half-time adjustments. C'mon coach give the kids a chance to compete at least.

And why I think Minter gets evaluated immediately. Lack of talent on defense is one thing, but why not load the box and take your chances?
10-26-2014 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GSUNCSU Offline
2nd String

(10-26-2014 01:40 PM)panama Wrote:  

And why I think Minter gets evaluated immediately. Lack of talent on defense is one thing, but why not load the box and take your chances?
If you are outmanned you have to outscheme. Defensive game plan too vanilla to be effective as good as our OL is.
10-26-2014 04:47 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
The sunbelt is the loser for not having 10 or 12 teams where each team plays each other or making every team play either UL or Ark state both were co champions or a championship game. You could have a team run the table and still have to share the conference championship with a team they don t play this year. Lord forbid if UL and Ga Southern each lose a game you could have a three way tie for first place with out any tie breaking rule such a mess for a conference that's trying to change the perception of being the worst in the country. Do you think the schools from CUSA give a hoot that GaSo don't play UL or Ark St all they care is that an upstart team wins the conference to say we are worst than a FBS school of last year but none of them will rush to schedule Southern what a mess.
10-27-2014 04:39 AM
Advertisement

NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
(10-27-2014 04:39 AM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  The sunbelt is the loser for not having 10 or 12 teams where each team plays each other or making every team play either UL or Ark state both were co champions or a championship game. You could have a team run the table and still have to share the conference championship with a team they don t play this year. Lord forbid if UL and Ga Southern each lose a game you could have a three way tie for first place with out any tie breaking rule such a mess for a conference that's trying to change the perception of being the worst in the country. Do you think the schools from CUSA give a hoot that GaSo don't play UL or Ark St all they care is that an upstart team wins the conference to say we are worst than a FBS school of last year but none of them will rush to schedule Southern what a mess.

[Image: Waaambulance.jpg]
10-27-2014 07:26 AM
TheRevSWT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bobcats!
Folks say it is a bad thing if Georgia Southern wins conference....

For one year? It looks bad. But remember, Georgia Southern is in the Sun Belt Conference now for at least the next 5-10 years (until the SEC calls). That's a good thing.

If they win out, it says we as a conference need to improve to "their level" not have them come down to ours.
10-27-2014 09:05 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-26-2014 01:40 PM)panama Wrote:  

You defended it just like anyone that has no idea how to attack an option offense does.

You went with a 4 man front, 2 deep safeties to guard against the play action bomb, and spread your LB's out. You also cheated to whatever side the H-back was on or the motion man for the pitch.

Some of it may be scheme, but your defense was weak. That does indeed all fall on coaching, but you need a lot of help personnel wise. There's no reason people shouldn't be running down your throats every game. You can't stop it.
10-27-2014 09:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.