Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GameWeek: CMU
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
GameWeek: CMU
I changed my avatar to a 'The Way We Were' theme (I believe the CMU game was 1976 or 77 - I took the photo).

Each schools had their Chippewa and Hurons name and symbols.

Actually the EMU helmets looked like I believe the old Green Bay Packers helmets.

The first big item for Saturday's game is the injury status of Rawls. CMU struggled after he went out of the game with a leg injury.

Should be a good game. EMU looked good against NIU and the loss vs. UMass doesn't look as bad today as it did a week ago.
10-26-2014 06:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wolverineeagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU/UM
RE: GameWeek: CMU
(10-26-2014 06:26 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I changed my avatar to a 'The Way We Were' theme (I believe the CMU game was 1976 or 77 - I took the photo).

Each schools had their Chippewa and Hurons name and symbols.

Actually the EMU helmets looked like I believe the old Green Bay Packers helmets.

The first big item for Saturday's game is the injury status of Rawls. CMU struggled after he went out of the game with a leg injury.

Should be a good game. EMU looked good against NIU and the loss vs. UMass doesn't look as bad today as it did a week ago.

EMU played well yesterday which is more than I can say for another Washtenaw County team. EMU plays better at home than they do on the road, but I expect that from a fairly green team.
10-26-2014 07:35 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

One thing I believe we need to keep in mind as we have gotten to the MAC West part of our schedule is that the MAC is that the MAC is down and there are no dominant teams (e.g., great teams of NIU, Toledo, etc.). NIU is no where what it was last year, the year before, etc.

We have to fear CMU, if Rawls plays. W/out him they are not the same team. [NIU might be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the MAC West (Toledo, WMU and NIU, in that order?)]
10-26-2014 09:54 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear Steve,
This is a game that I think is winnable, just as I thought Northern Illinois was this past week end. Just like you said, I don't think there are any powerhouse teams this year, and Central is not. If we can control the line of scrimmage I think we take this one.
10-26-2014 10:06 AM
george14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
No update on Rawls yet. He is not out for the year, unless that will be determined this week. The announcer during the game said that on accident then clarified later. He wasn't in a cast or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if he was held out against EMU.

If Rawls plays, CMU will win this game by 20+. If he does not play, I think we can win by 10. However, no matter how putrid EMU has been in the past, they always give CMU problems. Seems like EMU is decent this year so we shall see. CMU can't come out looking for a bowl game yet, EMU has played teams tough.
10-26-2014 02:22 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-26-2014 02:22 PM)george14 Wrote:  No update on Rawls yet. He is not out for the year, unless that will be determined this week. The announcer during the game said that on accident then clarified later. He wasn't in a cast or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if he was held out against EMU.

If Rawls plays, CMU will win this game by 20+. If he does not play, I think we can win by 10. However, no matter how putrid EMU has been in the past, they always give CMU problems. Seems like EMU is decent this year so we shall see. CMU can't come out looking for a bowl game yet, EMU has played teams tough.

Don't get freaked out by the gray turf. I hear it is worth 3 points to EMU. 03-lmfao
10-26-2014 02:26 PM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Yes we can win this game if we can eliminate the penalty yards and dropped passes that we had against NIU.
10-27-2014 08:33 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

CMU -16 1/2 with Rawls questionable.

If he doesn't play, that is one great bet ON EMU.
10-27-2014 06:00 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
For what it's worth, I hope EMU beats up on the chimps!
10-27-2014 07:45 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
I don't think we should associate with Bronco or Husky fans this week.
10-27-2014 08:07 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

I Root For: WMU
(10-27-2014 08:07 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  I don't think we should associate with Bronco or Husky fans this week.

=(

That aint how ruggers roll, man...
10-27-2014 08:12 PM
Advertisement

EagleSam Offline
Heisman

(10-27-2014 07:45 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  For what it's worth, I hope EMU beats up on the chimps!

Me too! 04-rock
10-27-2014 08:15 PM
masttg Offline
1st String

Go check the trash they are spewing on the main board...
10-27-2014 09:06 PM
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
(10-27-2014 09:06 PM)masttg Wrote:  Go check the trash they are spewing on the main board...

That's why I said we shouldn't associate, they want to attack up on our best butts in seats performance in quite awhile so why even give them the time of day. **** them.
10-27-2014 09:39 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(10-27-2014 09:39 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 09:06 PM)masttg Wrote:  Go check the trash they are spewing on the main board...

That's why I said we shouldn't associate, they want to attack up on our best butts in seats performance in quite awhile so why even give them the time of day. **** them.

i've been on these boards for 8 or 9 years, and there are always a few people talking **** about our attendance. it doesn't matter at all and it's not everyone doing it. easier said than done, but i recommend ignoring the few people who spew that garbage.
(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 09:57 PM by EMUAARON.)
10-27-2014 09:56 PM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
(10-27-2014 09:56 PM)EMUAARON Wrote:  
(10-27-2014 09:39 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  

i've been on these boards for 8 or 9 years, and there are always a few people talking **** about our attendance. it doesn't matter at all and it's not everyone doing it. easier said than done, but i recommend ignoring the few people who spew that garbage.

Eh, it's just the tallest midget argument again. CMU traditionally has one of the better attendance records in the MAC, but we still don't average 20K per game most seasons. Add to that football attendance being down across the country in recent years, and I really think this argument should be shelved for a while.
10-27-2014 10:03 PM
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

Crappies
(10-26-2014 02:22 PM)george14 Wrote:  No update on Rawls yet. He is not out for the year, unless that will be determined this week. The announcer during the game said that on accident then clarified later. He wasn't in a cast or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if he was held out against EMU.

To add to what George said, Saylor Lavallii rushed for over 800 yards last season. Rawls has taken most of the carries this season, but Lavallii was solid at Buffalo against a defense that was sitting on the run. Our run game is less explosive without Rawls, but we still have one.
10-27-2014 10:05 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
(10-27-2014 10:05 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  

To add to what George said, Saylor Lavallii rushed for over 800 yards last season. Rawls has taken most of the carries this season, but Lavallii was solid at Buffalo against a defense that was sitting on the run. Our run game is less explosive without Rawls, but we still have one.

When I saw CMU play at Kansas without Rawls, it really had no offense at all. "Less explosive" is being very generous. It had all the combustion of a sparkler.
10-28-2014 10:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Any update on Rawls?
10-28-2014 11:39 AM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

And for the record, we're really due for a kicking-in of CMU's teeth. I really hope we emulate Reggie and the defense's performance against Buffalo. I want an ass-kicking.
10-28-2014 11:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.