Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Not so fast ecu bashers on uconn game
Pirateoracle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ECU
Not so fast ecu bashers on uconn game
Ecu had 11 minute time of poss advantage.445 yards passing.135 yards rushing.

Held uconn to 84 yards rushing. If u take away 3 deep balls that dbacks actually fell down uconn ends up with less than 200 yards passing..

Ecu missed on 3 wide open deep balls. Ecu ran 100 plays vs 58...

That's the breaks in college football..you can dominate on paper and get beat.

Btw 31 first downs vs 16..
10-25-2014 10:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Not so fast ecu bashers on uconn game
perspective:
1) you run an uptempo air raid based offense, TOP is irrelevant..if you aren't blowing teams out and running out clock in the end, you will have similar TOP especially passing 64 times and playing a huddle team

2) so if a team scores in 2-4 plays and another team scores on 14 play drives, while going for it numerous times on 4th down, the second one is better?..first down are irrelevant ..number of plays are irrelvent....

3) you cant take away plays from the game that happened, and your DBs were beat in both plays, you can argue if theyd have gotten the 10-20yds YAC for the TD, but they were catching the ball either way..so i dont know how youve decided to take out the act of throwing the ball all together....uconn can also play the what if game, uconn dropped a 50yd pass in the beginning of the game that was right in his hands or tick tack pi/late hit calls that extened the game winning drives...and uconn was passing on you, usf was passing on you and smu was passing on you (all statisically horrible), so lets not act like you have shutdown DBs who accidental tripped...also it was 2 not 3

4) "Held uconn to 84 yards rushing" their second highest rushing total of the season...and season high in passing yards

please stop trying to justify how you actually dominated uconn but he score didnt show it..you got your W take it .but stop trying to twist it into something it wasnt...
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 11:10 AM by pesik.)
10-25-2014 11:07 AM
J_Coog Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
Don't be so sensitive, Pirate Fan. Some of this is due to you being new to the league. There is a "show me" attitude here, particularly from the old guard/Big East fanbases.

We got a lot of it too last year, as did UCF, etc. Once you prove yourself, they will be behind you - it's good for everyone if our conference is quality.

Seems to me it diminished for UH last year after we beat down Rutgers in NJ, and has been almost non-existent this year. Same for UCF.
10-25-2014 11:12 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
W is still a W.

Don't let the haters get under your skin.
10-25-2014 11:18 AM
Purplehook Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
(10-25-2014 10:45 AM)Pirateoracle Wrote:  Ecu had 11 minute time of poss advantage.445 yards passing.135 yards rushing.

Held uconn to 84 yards rushing. If u take away 3 deep balls that dbacks actually fell down uconn ends up with less than 200 yards passing..

coulda, shoulda, woulda.....and if USF hadn't turned the ball over they could have beat Cincy ETC......
10-25-2014 11:29 AM
Indiana Bones Offline
1st String

All that matters is what we do from here on out. If we drop a couple then the UCONN game will be looked at as a glimpse of things to come. If we win out, no one is really gonna remember this game.

When I was 12 years old I saw ECU struggle past a really bad Tulane team (only 1 win all season and 0-8 coming into Greenville) by only 10 points at almost the same exact point in that season (Nov. 2). ECU went on to win 11 consecutive games including the Peach Bowl & nobody even remembers that game. People only remember that ECU was a top-10 ball club that year.

Nobody cares that UCF struggled against bad competition 3 or 4 times last year they only remember that they took care of every team they played in conference and then stomped the Big 12 champs in a major bowl.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2014 12:30 PM by Indiana Bones.)
10-25-2014 12:28 PM
Advertisement

Purplehook Offline
1st String

(10-25-2014 12:28 PM)Indiana Bones Wrote:  All that matters is what we do from here on out. If we drop a couple then the UCONN game will be looked at as a glimpse of things to come. If we win out, no one is really gonna remember this game.

When I was 12 years old I saw ECU struggle past a really bad Tulane team (only 1 win all season and 0-8 coming into Greenville) by only 10 points at almost the same exact point in that season (Nov. 2). ECU went on to win 11 consecutive games including the Peach Bowl & nobody even remembers that game. People only remember that ECU was a top-10 ball club that year.

Nobody cares that UCF struggled against bad competition 3 or 4 times last year they only remember that they took care of every team they played in conference and then stomped the Big 12 champs in a major bowl.

This is True. We will know a lot about our team these next 2 games. @ Temple and even more so @Cincy. It is one thing to comew from behind against USF this year. Coming from behind to beat a high scoring Cinmcy team is more telling. (not that I hope we have to come from behind)
10-25-2014 01:07 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
(10-25-2014 10:45 AM)Pirateoracle Wrote:  Ecu had 11 minute time of poss advantage.445 yards passing.135 yards rushing.

You have a good team. You don't need to be making excuses.
10-25-2014 03:58 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

I think I agree with what you're getting at...We were in position to blow them out, but we didn't make the plays needed to.
10-25-2014 04:29 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-25-2014 04:29 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  I think I agree with what you're getting at...We were in position to blow them out, but we didn't make the plays needed to.

More importantly, Marshall is currently losing to FAU 16-14 about midway through the 3rd quarter.
10-25-2014 04:49 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

(10-25-2014 04:29 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  I think I agree with what you're getting at...We were in position to blow them out, but we didn't make the plays needed to.

Yes, we left 28 points on the field.
10-25-2014 04:50 PM
Advertisement

AllPtsBulletin Offline
Banned

I Root For: The Old School
(10-25-2014 11:18 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  W is still a W.

Don't let the haters get under your skin.

Truth. At the end of the day, scoreboard is all that matters.

Tom Osborne's last Corngangster title team in '95 went 12-0 and beat crummy 3-8 Washington State 35-21. I don't think anyone was forfeiting the title over that "off" day.

Even last season, Florida State cut it close by beating Idaho 80-14. I'm sure they hung their banner in Tally, FWIW.
10-25-2014 05:44 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
Ruff says it best.........

Quote: I told the players do not try to defend a win. The main thing is to win and we did that.
10-25-2014 10:17 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple

In playing the Devil's Advocate, do you use selective stat posting much? There are lots of ways to interpret stats.

ECU fumbled 3 times and didn't lose any. That's fortunate! The 11 penalties for over 100 yards will have to be cleaned up as well.

They gave up over 10 yards an attempt to the starting QB, not 10 yards per completion but 10 yards per attempt.

They didn't register a sack to the starting QB and managed 1 for the entire game for a grand total of 4 yards.

I'd love to see ECU represent the AAC in the Access Bowl but they will have to play better on defense or they will lose to someone this year in the AAC.
10-25-2014 11:30 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2014 11:30 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  

In playing the Devil's Advocate, do you use selective stat posting much? There are lots of ways to interpret stats.

ECU fumbled 3 times and didn't lose any. That's fortunate! The 11 penalties for over 100 yards will have to be cleaned up as well.

They gave up over 10 yards an attempt to the starting QB, not 10 yards per completion but 10 yards per attempt.

They didn't register a sack to the starting QB and managed 1 for the entire game for a grand total of 4 yards.

I'd love to see ECU represent the AAC in the Access Bowl but they will have to play better on defense or they will lose to someone this year in the AAC.

We fumbled three times?
10-25-2014 11:31 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2014 11:07 AM)pesik Wrote:  perspective:
1) you run an uptempo air raid based offense, TOP is irrelevant..if you aren't blowing teams out and running out clock in the end, you will have similar TOP especially passing 64 times and playing a huddle team

What are you trying to say? You are trying to discredit the fact that we did a good job possessing the ball by saying the other team should have the ball longer.
10-25-2014 11:35 PM
Advertisement

sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-25-2014 11:31 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  We fumbled three times?

Box score says you did and didn't lose any of them. Is it wrong?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/connecticu...410230099/
10-25-2014 11:43 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

(10-25-2014 11:43 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  

Oh IDK, I don't remember seeing any fumbles. They definitely weren't fumbles that were dangerous.
10-25-2014 11:55 PM
sfink16 Offline
All American

(10-25-2014 11:55 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  
(10-25-2014 11:43 PM)sfink16 Wrote:  

Oh IDK, I don't remember seeing any fumbles. They definitely weren't fumbles that were dangerous.

Good luck the rest of your season! I wish both teams (Temple/ECU) could win next week.
10-26-2014 12:04 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(10-25-2014 11:07 AM)pesik Wrote:  perspective:

2) so if a team scores in 2-4 plays and another team scores on 14 play drives, while going for it numerous times on 4th down, the second one is better?..first down are irrelevant ..number of plays are irrelvent....

3) you cant take away plays from the game that happened, and your DBs were beat in both plays, you can argue if theyd have gotten the 10-20yds YAC for the TD, but they were catching the ball either way..so i dont know how youve decided to take out the act of throwing the ball all together....uconn can also play the what if game, uconn dropped a 50yd pass in the beginning of the game that was right in his hands or tick tack pi/late hit calls that extened the game winning drives...and uconn was passing on you, usf was passing on you and smu was passing on you (all statisically horrible), so lets not act like you have shutdown DBs who accidental tripped...also it was 2 not 3

4) "Held uconn to 84 yards rushing" their second highest rushing total of the season...and season high in passing yards

please stop trying to justify how you actually dominated uconn but he score didnt show it..you got your W take it .but stop trying to twist it into something it wasnt...

Seriously?
Time of possession is EVERYTHING. The number of plays run lesser in importance...but still important.
Teams that can score quickly are teams that you want to run the ball repeatedly against or sustain long drives. Wear out their defense, so that by the 4th quarter they are gassed.
By holding on to the ball and sustaining drives....you keep the opposing offense off the field.
In football that is EVERYTHING.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2014 01:26 AM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
10-26-2014 01:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.