Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ah...I love CFB rivalries.
Bookmark and Share
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arkansas State
Ah...I love CFB rivalries.
Handshake after the game last night between ULL and ASU.
Local news raw footage

Anyone who says this hasnt developed into a rivalry is insane. Good teams. Great game...with some WTF moments thrown in = a little bad blood now.

Too bad we have to wait another year to play! (Well, actually it's a good thing for us cause we need to recruit some DL that actually weigh more than ULL's RB Harris.)
10-22-2014 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Ah...I love CFB rivalries.
(10-22-2014 12:47 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  Handshake after the game last night between ULL and ASU.
Local news raw footage

Anyone who says this hasnt developed into a rivalry is insane. Good teams. Great game...with some WTF moments thrown in = a little bad blood now.

Too bad we have to wait another year to play! (Well, actually it's a good thing for us cause we need to recruit some DL that actually weigh more than ULL's RB Harris.)

Both coaches agreed it would not be a good idea for the teams to shake hands after the game.

Though I don't know what that ULL assistant was doing chasing Anderson down after the game.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 12:54 PM by chiefsfan.)
10-22-2014 12:50 PM
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

(10-22-2014 12:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 12:47 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  Handshake after the game last night between ULL and ASU.
Local news raw footage

Both coaches agreed it would not be a good idea for the teams to shake hands after the game.

Though I don't know what that ULL assistant was doing chasing Anderson down after the game.
Heck! I just thought that was Nick Offerman asking Anderson for an autograph...
10-22-2014 12:56 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Local news raw footage

You realize those guys coached together while Anderson was at UL.
10-22-2014 12:58 PM
Complacent Cajun Offline
1st String

Local news raw footage

Few ideas:

1. Hey, I need your address for Christmas cards later this year.
2. Just wanted to stop you to wish you a safe trip back to Jonesboro, like what you've done with your hair too.
3. Be a ******* head coach and control your damn players.
10-22-2014 01:03 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

I Root For: Cajuns
Local news raw footage

With him working with Anderson previously, I think he was pissed about the the shot on the knee on the extra point.
10-22-2014 01:05 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(10-22-2014 12:58 PM)Louisiana99 Wrote:  
Local news raw footage

You realize those guys coached together while Anderson was at UL.

No I didn't. Neither did the state trooper who restrained him as well apparently. It was a really confusing moment.
10-22-2014 01:05 PM
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

(10-22-2014 01:05 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
Local news raw footage

With him working with Anderson previously, I think he was pissed about the the shot on the knee on the extra point.

What's the assistant's name?
10-22-2014 01:06 PM
CajunAmos Offline
All American

(10-22-2014 01:06 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  
Local news raw footage

Sorry, I just saw the ASU video and it Troy Wingerter who challenged Anderson after the game was over and the teams were leaving the field. The offsetting penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct after the PAT was a different coach if I'm not mistaken. I think that was coach Rodrigue.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 02:37 PM by CajunAmos.)
10-22-2014 01:20 PM
Louisiana99 Offline
All American

Local news raw footage

Troy wingerter...only guy to survive like 5 coaching changes, he played at UL and has been here a long time.
10-22-2014 01:21 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(10-22-2014 01:20 PM)CajunAmos Wrote:  
Local news raw footage

Sorry, I just saw the ASU video and it Troy Wingerter who challenged Anderson after the game was over and the teams were leaving the field. The offsetting penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct after the PAT was a different coach if I'm not mistaken. I think that was coach Rodrigue.

Actually Rodrigue and Anderson had exchanged a few words before that and Coach Whitt confronted him as well. At that point Troy Wingerter stepped in and told Anderson to turn around and take his azz to the locker room as well as a few other choice words.
10-22-2014 04:04 PM
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

Local news raw footage

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 04:05 PM by CrazyCajun.)
10-22-2014 04:04 PM
ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

(10-22-2014 04:04 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 12:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Both coaches agreed it would not be a good idea for the teams to shake hands after the game.

Actually Rodrigue and Anderson had exchanged a few words before that and Coach Whitt confronted him as well. At that point Troy Wingerter stepped in and told Anderson to turn around and take his azz to the locker room as well as a few other choice words.

Really? IMO, if you listen to the audio of the video it sounds like Wingerter is saying, "We're friends. We're friends. We're friends." to the state trooper. At the same time, Anderson is telling the state trooper "Whoa, whoa, whoa". The state trooper then turns around and walks back towards the locker room. I dont think the state trooper would have turned around so calmly if if there was some coach telling Anderson to get his azz back in the locker room."
10-22-2014 04:46 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Actually the Cajuns have one loud mouth coach. He was hollering at one of our fans at last year's games. I think he is supposed to be a war hero or something. Likes to headbutt players with their[/align] helmets on. Seen pictures with blood running down his face. I think he has been hit in the head a few to many times.
10-22-2014 05:32 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

Well, headbutts are better than butthurts.
10-22-2014 05:58 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-22-2014 04:04 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 12:50 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Both coaches agreed it would not be a good idea for the teams to shake hands after the game.

Somehow, I don't think the story went exactly like that, but it does sound cooler that way.

My guess is another coach had been barking at Anderson and when Wingerter approached our trooper had enough. That prompted it to be said that the two were friends.
10-22-2014 06:03 PM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(10-22-2014 05:58 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Well, headbutts are better than butthurts.

I agree with that. Don't worry when some of your more excitable fans stop crying they will feel better. Oh and I am not talking about you.
10-22-2014 06:07 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(10-22-2014 06:07 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  
(10-22-2014 05:58 PM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  Well, headbutts are better than butthurts.

I agree with that. Don't worry when some of your more excitable fans stop crying they will feel better. Oh and I am not talking about you.

I've heard stories that fanatico is a crier when no one is around. Usually when he is watching his Spanish language soap's
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 06:25 PM by chiefsfan.)
10-22-2014 06:24 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

No offense taken.04-cheers

I'm pleased to see such an intense rivalry developing. I for one have a lot of respect for stAte's football program and tradition.

I think on the issue of the play at the end of the game that has everyone so excited, you should probably consider that most Cajun fans are especially sensitive right now to the issue of injuries....Broadway last year, Jamal Robinson (a real game changer) this year......and if they see what they believe to be a cheap shot, they're going to react pretty strongly. There are enough injuries without what might be construed as an intent to end someone's career. I watched the clip and couldn't really tell what #6 was attempting to do though it didn't look like he was going for the ball or the holder.

I've had my say. Good luck going forward. I hope you guys slaughter every opponent from here on out.
10-22-2014 06:25 PM
CajunFanatico Offline
QDEP

(10-22-2014 06:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I've heard stories that fanatico is a crier when no one is around. Usually when he is watching his Spanish language soap's

Until you've walked a mile (or a kilometer as the case may be) in my shoes...
10-22-2014 06:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.