Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blankenship probably won't be fired
GoCats8 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Blankenship probably won't be fired
http://aacfootballfever.com/tulsa-coach-...g-in-2015/

Tulsa World's Kelly Hines says Blankenship's relationship with the"higher-ups" at the university could save his job, and that he has a 50/50 chance of being retained for 2015, even with a 2-10 season. (Assuming Tulsa beats SMU.)

Any Tulsa fans on here? Thoughts?
10-22-2014 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ramen_Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Blankenship probably won't be fired
Good news!!!!!
10-22-2014 09:45 AM
k-vegasbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I'm not sure I'm buying it. They say one of the reason's that he might be retained is his low salary, if anything I think that is a plus for removing him since the buyout shouldn't be too high. Plus as with their basketball hire, Tulsa has shown a willingness to spend money to lure coaches in, I wouldn't think that football would be the exception.
10-22-2014 09:49 AM
Clarence Iba Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa!
The next winner will be the next football coach if we're willing to pay what we did for men's basketball. He has a 0% chance of survival.
10-22-2014 09:58 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(10-22-2014 09:58 AM)Clarence Iba Wrote:  The next winner will be the next football coach if we're willing to pay what we did for men's basketball. He has a 0% chance of survival.

Whatchu talkin about Willis? 01-wingedeagle
10-22-2014 10:41 AM
Clarence Iba Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa!
He being Blankenship, my mistake. Not very clear.
10-22-2014 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/...g-carousel

OTHER JOBS

SMU: The short list appears to be Clemson’s Chad Morris, Ohio State’s Tom Herman and Oklahoma’s Josh Heupel. Names like East Carolina’s Lincoln Riley, Rice’s David Bailiff and Arizona State’s Mike Norvell could join the list. They’ll be some retread buzz like Mack Brown and Houston Nutt, but that will be more to pacify boosters.

Tulsa hasn’t opened yet, but it will essentially have the same list once it does. Could get interesting as these two AAC schools fight over candidates.

Best guess? Herman for SMU and Morris for Tulsa.
10-22-2014 11:22 AM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-22-2014 11:22 AM)Pony94 Wrote:  http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/...g-carousel

OTHER JOBS

SMU: The short list appears to be Clemson’s Chad Morris, Ohio State’s Tom Herman and Oklahoma’s Josh Heupel. Names like East Carolina’s Lincoln Riley, Rice’s David Bailiff and Arizona State’s Mike Norvell could join the list. They’ll be some retread buzz like Mack Brown and Houston Nutt, but that will be more to pacify boosters.

Tulsa hasn’t opened yet, but it will essentially have the same list once it does. Could get interesting as these two AAC schools fight over candidates.

Best guess? Herman for SMU and Morris for Tulsa.

Stay away from David Bailiff. Not impressed.
Stay away from Lincoln Riley. He's good right where he is at ECU.
I think Morris is the choice here, for SMU or Tulsa.
10-22-2014 11:33 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-22-2014 10:45 AM)Clarence Iba Wrote:  He being Blankenship, my mistake. Not very clear.

I think he has to go. Tulsa was the best football rpogram in CUSA while they were a member. No excuse for Blankenship not being able to recruit and win. I have infinite respect for the Golden Hurricane.
10-22-2014 11:39 AM
SteveUCF19 Offline
1st String

I'm fine with this. Memphis and Temple are turning into solid programs so we need Tulsa and Tulane to be the easy conference wins
10-22-2014 11:53 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
If Tulsa isn't willing to pay big $$$ for a coach, there is no point in firing Blankenship...

They did it with hoops, time to do it with football
10-22-2014 12:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Blakenship is a good man!
10-22-2014 12:19 PM
HHOOTter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: tulsa
Don’t forget the # of P5 coaching possessions that could open up this yr.

Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, Colorado, G Tech, & Kansas
w/ Arkansas, Indiana, N. Carolina, Univ of California, NCSt., Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Wash St., & Miami also as possibilities

Opening in these schools alone will create a domino effect where they could hire coaches & assistants from SubP5 programs thus creating more job openings/opportunities in the SMU/Tulsa range of coaching jobs.

Don’t forget there are also several sub P5 coaching jobs that might come open after this season besides SMU & Tulsa, look 4 S. Miss, Idaho, FIU, Hawaii, N. Mex St, U Conn, UTEP, & New Mexico as some schools who may very likely B filling HC positions this winter.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014 12:29 PM by HHOOTter.)
10-22-2014 12:27 PM
BigEastHomer Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(10-22-2014 12:27 PM)HHOOTter Wrote:  Don’t forget the # of P5 coaching possessions that could open up this yr.

w/ Arkansas, Indiana, N. Carolina, Univ of California, NCSt., Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Wash St., & Miami also as possibilities

Opening in these schools alone will create a domino effect where they could hire coaches & assistants from SubP5 programs thus creating more job openings/opportunities in the SMU/Tulsa range of coaching jobs.

Don’t forget there are also several sub P5 coaching jobs that might come open after this season besides SMU & Tulsa, look 4 S. Miss, Idaho, FIU, Hawaii, N. Mex St, U Conn, UTEP, & New Mexico as some schools who may very likely B filling HC positions this winter.

Sub? I've never heard that term before.

I doubt UCONN will be looking for a coach (unless I've missed something). A rebuild takes time.
10-22-2014 12:32 PM
mtmedlin Offline
I came, I saw, I wasn't impressed.

I Root For: USF & Naps
(10-22-2014 12:27 PM)HHOOTter Wrote:  Don’t forget the # of P5 coaching possessions that could open up this yr.

This is exactly why SMU needs to get their hire done NOW. I think Morris could do a great job for SMU but he may come off the board if they wait till the end of the season.

Also remember that Kansas is looking, Florida and Michigan will open which will create even more of the domino effect. The NFL will have openings and people like Brian Kelly and a few others could get a call. We literally could see 10-15 head coaching positions change.
10-22-2014 12:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECMAN79 Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU

Wake Forest, Vanderbilt

those are first year coaches at those schools....so I doubt it.
10-22-2014 01:43 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(10-22-2014 12:33 PM)mtmedlin Wrote:  

This is exactly why SMU needs to get their hire done NOW. I think Morris could do a great job for SMU but he may come off the board if they wait till the end of the season.

Also remember that Kansas is looking, Florida and Michigan will open which will create even more of the domino effect. The NFL will have openings and people like Brian Kelly and a few others could get a call. We literally could see 10-15 head coaching positions change.

The Aggies could be in the look out too... Hope Sumlin gets the boot, can't stand that back stabbing coach.
10-22-2014 02:10 PM
Pony94 Offline

Sumlin
10-22-2014 02:37 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(10-22-2014 02:37 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  Sumlin

For the record, I am NOT an a&m fan... Only mention him b/c of a few aggies I know who are disgusted with that huge doughnut result vs Alabama.
10-22-2014 03:07 PM
Pony94 Offline

Yeah brainfart, I meant to type Sumlin back to Houston
10-22-2014 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.