RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
New Women's announcer
http://www.ualrtrojans.com/ViewArticle.d...=209727701

Trey Schaap Hired as Women's Basketball Play-by-Play Announcer
UALR Sports Information
Release: 10/20/2014

LITTLE ROCK – The UALR Department of Athletics has announced the hiring of Trey Schaap as the new play-by-play radio broadcaster for the women’s basketball team.

Schaap, a Little Rock native who has worked for more than a decade at 103.7 The Buzz, will join the Trojans for the start of their 2014-15 season. Schaap will broadcast UALR games on their home radio station, KARN 920 AM The Sports Animal.

“I’ve known Trey for quite a while, and I’ve listened to him on the radio,” UALR coach Joe Foley said. “With his experience, knowing the state and the community and the game of basketball, I think he’s a great addition to our staff.”

Schaap currently co-hosts the “Overtime” show with Matt Jones weekdays from 1-4 p.m. on The Buzz. He is the voice of Arkansas high school basketball, calling the week’s top games every Friday night during the conference season while also broadcasting Arkansas Activities Association championship games. Schaap is now in his 11th year at The Buzz.

Before his time in local radio, Schaap was a news and sports photographer with KARK TV for eight seasons. He started his broadcasting career in Columbus, Miss., before returning to The Natural State to work at KARK.

Schaap graduated from Parkview High School in Little Rock in 1994 and was a letterwinner on the Patriots golf team for three seasons. He remains an avid golfer.

The UALR women’s basketball season opens on Nov. 14 when the Trojans travel to Southeastern Conference powerhouse LSU. Schaap’s first game at the Jack Stephens Center will be on Nov. 18 as UALR takes on Missouri State.
10-21-2014 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.