Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Question for UAB fans
Bookmark and Share
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Question for UAB fans
I had a person tell me this weekend that last year's UAB coach just quit.

He did not get fired ?

So you guys did not have to pay out the rest of the guy's contract ?

I'm sure this has been discussed, but I cannnot remember how it went down.

Also, where is the former HC now ?

I remember not too long ago being in The Ham for an MT / UAB hoops game, and the "new" coach was introduced at the game. He must not have lasted long.

That was the game that Jordan Swing went ape and you guys "upset" us, when we had the great team. Our team did not play that badly despite the loss.
10-20-2014 09:58 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
RE: Question for UAB fans
Technically he didn't quit. He left to be the OC at Louisville under Petrino. He was Petrino's OC at Arkansas previously. Louisville had to pay the buyout to get him, not that they care now that they are getting ACC money.

We got rid of a coach nobody wanted around, and we got the buyout money and a better coach. McGee got to go back to a job where he can succeed. Louisville got the OC they wanted. Worked out nicely for everyone.
10-20-2014 10:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(10-20-2014 10:06 AM)HSV_BLAZER Wrote:  Technically he didn't quit. He left to be the OC at Louisville under Petrino. He was Petrino's OC at Arkansas previously. Louisville had to pay the buyout to get him, not that they care now that they are getting ACC money.

We got rid of a coach nobody wanted around, and we got the buyout money and a better coach. McGee got to go back to a job where he can succeed. Louisville got the OC they wanted. Worked out nicely for everyone.

Yes indeed.

Thanks for the info.

I had heard he was at WKU, not Louisville. That makes more sense.
10-20-2014 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HSV_BLAZER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: #fireraywatts
Our head coach before McGee is now the OL coach at WKU, and our former OC is their head coach. There are some other former UAB position coaches there too.
10-20-2014 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.