Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Grandmother starves herself to death after UK's assisted suicide laws left her with '
JDTulane Offline
Sazeracs and Retirement

I Root For: Peace
Grandmother starves herself to death after UK's assisted suicide laws left her with '
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...04411.html

Quote:An elderly woman has starved herself to death to get around the UK’s tight and restrictive laws on assisted suicide.
Octogenarian Jean Davies, who is also a right-to-die campaigner, spent five weeks attempting to end her life and succeeded in doing so on 1 October.
The former maths teacher, 86, did not have a terminal illness, but suffered a range of conditions that made her life uncomfortable including chronic back pain and fainting episodes.
She told the Sunday Times: “It is hell. I can’t tell you how hard it is. You wouldn’t decide this unless you thought your life was going to be so bad. It is intolerable.”
10-19-2014 07:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
RE: Grandmother starves herself to death after UK's assisted suicide laws left her with '
There's a lot quicker ways than starvation.
10-20-2014 07:32 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Grandmother starves herself to death after UK's assisted suicide laws left her with '
So the RSSR now just does tabloids.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 08:38 AM by DrTorch.)
10-20-2014 08:38 AM
Advertisement

QuestionSocratic Offline
Banned

I Root For: Buffalo
(10-19-2014 07:54 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...04411.html

Quote:An elderly woman has starved herself to death to get around the UK’s tight and restrictive laws on assisted suicide.
Octogenarian Jean Davies, who is also a right-to-die campaigner, spent five weeks attempting to end her life and succeeded in doing so on 1 October.
The former maths teacher, 86, did not have a terminal illness, but suffered a range of conditions that made her life uncomfortable including chronic back pain and fainting episodes.
She told the Sunday Times: “It is hell. I can’t tell you how hard it is. You wouldn’t decide this unless you thought your life was going to be so bad. It is intolerable.”

Just in case some of the literati get their panties in a wad, "maths" is proper British English.
10-20-2014 08:45 AM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(10-20-2014 08:45 AM)QuestionSocratic Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 07:54 PM)JDTulane Wrote:  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...04411.html

Just in case some of the literati get their panties in a wad, "maths" is proper British English.

An excellent reason to taunt them, btw.
10-20-2014 09:03 AM
Advertisement

Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(10-20-2014 07:32 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  There's a lot quicker ways than starvation.

Yep. A bottle of sleeping pills is a much simpler way to kill yourself. I guess she did this just to bring more attention to the issue she was an activist for.
10-20-2014 10:11 AM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(10-20-2014 10:11 AM)Niner National Wrote:  
(10-20-2014 07:32 AM)blunderbuss Wrote:  There's a lot quicker ways than starvation.
Yep. A bottle of sleeping pills is a much simpler way to kill yourself. I guess she did this just to bring more attention to the issue she was an activist for.

Except that would be illegal and probably negate any life insurance policy that she had.

Quote:She told the paper that she had no alternative as the other methods are “either illegal or I would need to go to [the Dignitas clinic in] Switzerland – and I want to die in my own bed”.
10-20-2014 10:20 AM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Fainting spells is a condition that justifies suicide?

I fall asleep in meetings at work all the time. Damn ... I need to get myself checked.
10-20-2014 09:16 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(10-20-2014 09:16 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  Fainting spells is a condition that justifies suicide?

I fall asleep in meetings at work all the time. Damn ... I need to get myself checked.

Chronic back pain. I got to meet gruehls before he died. When you see a former offensive lineman who can barely get up you get a better appreciation for how crippling back pain can be.
10-20-2014 09:34 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
I have had several back operations. When you cannot get up out of bed,
or details you do not want to go into, you realize that people like Dr.
Kevorkian were helping a lot of people make a painful decision. Governments
should not ban things that are needed. Too much government, not enough
experience in life.
10-21-2014 03:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.