Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Beazant reaches semis of ITA regional
Woodlands Owl Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Rice
Beazant reaches semis of ITA regional
Great result so far for Natalie. It's great to see her starting the year off so well. This could be a great year for Rice W Tennis.

http://www.riceowls.com/sports/w-tennis/...14aaa.html
10-19-2014 12:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dragon2owl Online
Heisman

I Root For: RICE
RE: Beazant reaches semis of ITA regional
Live video/scoring. Beazant on court 4. Ho on court 2. Hodge won on court 3.

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-tenn...-only.html
10-19-2014 01:12 PM
Fort Bend Owl Online
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
6-2, 6-0 win for Natalie. Looks like she has another UH Cougars opponent in the finals. Hopefully this tournament gets her to move up in the rankings quite a bit. She seems to be unfairly ranked for the past year and a half - ever since she made it to the NCAA semifinals in May 2013, I don't think she's received as high of a national ranking as she should.
10-19-2014 01:34 PM
Advertisement

dragon2owl Online
Heisman

(10-19-2014 01:34 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  6-2, 6-0 win for Natalie. Looks like she has another UH Cougars opponent in the finals. Hopefully this tournament gets her to move up in the rankings quite a bit. She seems to be unfairly ranked for the past year and a half - ever since she made it to the NCAA semifinals in May 2013, I don't think she's received as high of a national ranking as she should.

She didn't have the best record last year (11-9) in duals. Of course, she does face tougher competition at the #1 spot. She was lights out her first two years, 22-2 and 18-4.
10-19-2014 02:00 PM
dragon2owl Online
Heisman

Natalie and Alison advance to the consolation doubles final.
10-19-2014 06:10 PM
Advertisement

Woodlands Owl Offline
Water Engineer

(10-19-2014 06:10 PM)dragon2owl Wrote:  Natalie and Alison advance to the consolation doubles final.

They lost 3-8 in the semis actually. ** EDITED ** THE USTA SITE HAD IT WRONG! They did win. I just refreshed the browser and it corrected itself.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 09:21 PM by Woodlands Owl.)
10-19-2014 09:15 PM
Woodlands Owl Offline
Water Engineer

(10-19-2014 02:00 PM)dragon2owl Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 01:34 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  6-2, 6-0 win for Natalie. Looks like she has another UH Cougars opponent in the finals. Hopefully this tournament gets her to move up in the rankings quite a bit. She seems to be unfairly ranked for the past year and a half - ever since she made it to the NCAA semifinals in May 2013, I don't think she's received as high of a national ranking as she should.

She didn't have the best record last year (11-9) in duals. Of course, she does face tougher competition at the #1 spot. She was lights out her first two years, 22-2 and 18-4.

She had a rough patch last year, but seems to have it rolling since right before NCAAs last year. Handling Kiah G. from Baylor in straights, followed by Blair (another Bear) was great. Natalie and Kiah played in the NCAAS regionals and it was abandoned after the first set (won by Baylor). Beating those women in Waco is a great sign.

I'm really looking forward to the season. The two freshman seem to be prepped to make a big impact as well.

More info here about the event: http://www.riceowls.com/sports/w-tennis/...14aaa.html
10-19-2014 09:19 PM
Advertisement

Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Live video link of Natalie's Monday morning finals match, which is on now: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-tenn...-only.html

Her match's video on the Court 1 link, but the score is at Court 4.

She lost the first set to Vogasari, 6-4, but leads in the second, 3-2, up one break.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 10:13 AM by Almadenmike.)
10-20-2014 10:12 AM
Woodlands Owl Offline
Water Engineer

(10-20-2014 10:12 AM)Almadenmike Wrote:  Live video link of Natalie's Monday morning finals match, which is on now: http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/m-tenn...-only.html

Her match's video on the Court 1 link, but the score is at Court 4.

She lost the first set to Vogasari, 6-4, but leads in the second, 3-2, up one break.

After a 2nd set where they seemed to trade breaks, she lost 4&4. Still a great result.
10-20-2014 10:35 AM
Advertisement

Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
Vogasari wins, 6-4, 6-4.

I watched most of the second set on the video. There were many service breaks.

Natalie held service and evened the set score 4-4 on a ball Vogasari thought was wide. The University of Houston sophomore then went on a tear: holding serve and breaking Natalie in four points to win the match.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 10:40 AM by Almadenmike.)
10-20-2014 10:39 AM
dragon2owl Online
Heisman

Natalie has earned an at-large berth in the singles draw of the 2014 USTA/ITA National Indoor Championships which will be held on November 6-9 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, New York.

10-29-2014 07:07 PM
georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(10-29-2014 07:07 PM)dragon2owl Wrote:  Natalie has earned an at-large berth in the singles draw of the 2014 USTA/ITA National Indoor Championships which will be held on November 6-9 at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing, New York.

Good for her! Go Natalie!
10-30-2014 07:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.