Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I wonder if A&M is regretting their decision to go to the SEC?
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
I wonder if A&M is regretting their decision to go to the SEC?
Sure they make more money, but now that their once in a century QB is gone, they will sink back to the level they were at in the Big 12, and it's much harder to get out of the cellar in the SEC.

They may end up being the Kentucky of the West, huge fanbase and little to show for it. I just wonder if all of these programs really thought out their expansion moves.
10-18-2014 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
RE: I wonder if A&M is regretting their decision to go to the SEC?
Ah, another flavor of the month post. Isn't this the same Texas A&M that brought in all kinds of fans, identity (out of Texas' shadow) and reaped all kinds of rewards for their first two years with Johnny Football at the helm?

A&M is getting their brains beat in for sure right now (by some very good teams I might add) but it's just a snapshot and if you can get in the SEC at a time like this when they are the undisputed number one conference in the country, you do it. You think Idaho would care if they got their brains beat in 77-3 each week for a few years (if not for eternity) if it meant competing among the nation's best, recruiting and having a chance to play and win at the highest level in a very good year? No, they'd be happy just be on the inside, raking in money and hoping they can one day win the best conference in the land.

A&M will be fine in the long run, teams have down years and bad stretches. Look at Florida and Tennessee and remember their stature in the SEC (and nationally) not all that long ago compared to today. Look at Alabama under Shula or even right after Saban took over (they lost at home to Louisiana-Monroe). Someone has to lose those games.
10-19-2014 12:57 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
The SEC West will always be a rough neighborhood. But this year is simply freakish.

A&M will be fine and no they are not regretting their move to the SEC. Not even close.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 04:21 AM by Native Georgian.)
10-19-2014 04:20 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
I know many A/M alumns and all are thrilled to be in the SEC.
10-19-2014 06:45 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I'm thinking Vanderbilt , even after almost a century of being used a punching bag, is still glad they have their membership.
10-19-2014 07:13 AM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(10-19-2014 07:13 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm thinking Vanderbilt , even after almost a century of being used a punching bag, is still glad they have their membership.

Yes, nobody but Wal-Mart t-shirt fans think of conference membership in terms of in-the-moment results. TAMU is now in the premier conference and are better off in every way imaginable than being in the Big 12. And that's not a knock on the Big 12, but just a reflection of the primacy of the SEC.
10-19-2014 07:34 AM
Advertisement

cleburneslim Offline
1st String

I Root For: jax state
I wonder how many b12 teams are regretting their decision to remain in the b12?
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 08:52 AM by cleburneslim.)
10-19-2014 08:50 AM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

(10-19-2014 07:34 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 07:13 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm thinking Vanderbilt , even after almost a century of being used a punching bag, is still glad they have their membership.

Yes, nobody but Wal-Mart t-shirt fans think of conference membership in terms of in-the-moment results. TAMU is now in the premier conference and are better off in every way imaginable than being in the Big 12. And that's not a knock on the Big 12, but just a reflection of the primacy of the SEC.

They can talk conference wide academics and recruiting all they want (which is why they left) but do you think Tulane wouldn't hop at the chance to get back in? They could have been right there with Vandy taking those losses but cashing checks. Georgia Tech also left but they seem to be doing fine in the ACC, probably a better fit anyways.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 09:07 AM by C2__.)
10-19-2014 09:05 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Why would they regret it? It's been a great thing for their program. The SEC west is just a complete monster. Yeah they've lost 3 straight games, to probably the 3 best teams in the country.
10-19-2014 09:37 AM
adcorbett Offline
This F'n Guy

I Root For: Louisville
Regret the move? No.

However if you lose 59-0 to anyone, you should be banned from being ranked for the next two seasons. 05-stirthepot
10-19-2014 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Yesterday sucked, but that's the price you pay for rebuilding during the most freakishly tough SEC West division ever and it isn't done yet. Auburn will likely be our 4th straight Top 10 conference opponent and yet another on the road. I think we will still end up with 7-8 wins this season which is what I thought we would. And remember, before our SC win, all the pundits were predicting we wouldn't even be bowl eligible this season.

But regret? Lol never.
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 11:19 AM by 10thMountain.)
10-19-2014 11:17 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
This thread is a perfect example of our brain damaged society. People only remember what happened yesterday, and can't see the big picture. We live in a bandwagon society, jumping from one position to another. Whatever the popular position/team of the day happens to be is the one that's picked.
10-19-2014 11:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(10-19-2014 11:17 AM)10thMountain Wrote:  Yesterday sucked, but that's the price you pay for rebuilding during the most freakishly tough SEC West division ever and it isn't done yet. Auburn will likely be our 4th straight Top 10 conference opponent and yet another on the road. I think we will still end up with 7-8 wins this season which is what I thought we would. And remember, before our SC win, all the pundits were predicting we wouldn't even be bowl eligible this season.

But regret? Lol never.
Agreed 10th. This was a stupid thread from the beginning. The Aggies just seated the largest crowd to ever attend a football game in the history of Texas. Their recruiting has been stellar. Bad time right now. I doubt they want to go back to the Big XII. They will be fine. I wonder if Michigan regrets being in the B1G? 05-stirthepot
10-19-2014 12:06 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-19-2014 12:06 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(10-19-2014 11:17 AM)10thMountain Wrote:  Yesterday sucked, but that's the price you pay for rebuilding during the most freakishly tough SEC West division ever and it isn't done yet. Auburn will likely be our 4th straight Top 10 conference opponent and yet another on the road. I think we will still end up with 7-8 wins this season which is what I thought we would. And remember, before our SC win, all the pundits were predicting we wouldn't even be bowl eligible this season.

But regret? Lol never.
Agreed 10th. This was a stupid thread from the beginning. The Aggies just seated the largest crowd to ever attend a football game in the history of Texas. Their recruiting has been stellar. Bad time right now. I doubt they want to go back to the Big XII. They will be fine. I wonder if Michigan regrets being in the B1G? 05-stirthepot

I agree Medic, but if the Aggies are going to rise to prominence in the SEC West regularly then they are going to have to build a solid defense. Even with Manziel that was their Achilles heel. That means Sumlin is going to have to hire a top notch DC.
10-19-2014 12:13 PM
CoogNellie Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Houston
Pride prevents people from admitting when they make a mistake. Everybody thinks they want a seat at a certain table but honestly who do you think it's more fun to be a fan of, Boise State or Vandy?

It's a very real possibility that A&M will get buried in the SEC. They don't exactly have the history of a Crimson Tide or a Longhorn. They probably haven't been #1 since the 50s or 60s.
10-19-2014 12:17 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(10-19-2014 12:17 PM)CoogNellie Wrote:  Pride prevents people from admitting when they make a mistake. Everybody thinks they want a seat at a certain table but honestly who do you think it's more fun to be a fan of, Boise State or Vandy?

It's a very real possibility that A&M will get buried in the SEC. They don't exactly have the history of a Crimson Tide or a Longhorn. They probably haven't been #1 since the 50s or 60s.

The most tiresome posts on this board are placed by those who out of envy wish something despicable upon the object of their envy. Try focusing on why Houston needs a leg up and a spot in the P5 and you will find many sympathizers. But this kind of trolling gets very old very fast.
10-19-2014 12:32 PM
Advertisement

Kittonhead Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beat Matisse
(10-19-2014 12:17 PM)CoogNellie Wrote:  It's a very real possibility that A&M will get buried in the SEC. They don't exactly have the history of a Crimson Tide or a Longhorn. They probably haven't been #1 since the 50s or 60s.

The funny thing is Texas is also floundering in the B12.

Its TCU and Baylor that are ruling Texas football right now. Baylor has exploded since RG3 and TCU is proving their success in the MW wasn't a fluke because of the easy schedule.

TAMU I would think its important to be in the same conference with LSU being in East Texas. There is Arkansas too plus the Mississippi schools. The rivalries for TAMU in the SEC West are just as good really as what they could find in the B12.
10-19-2014 12:40 PM
10thMountain Offline
Heisman

I Root For: A&M, TCU
Dear Coogs,

Not our fault the Big 12 rejected your application once again so please stop with the jealousy and hating because you'd sell your soul and every child to be in the SEC no matter how badly you'd get beat every year.

HTH
10-19-2014 01:14 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
They are just leveling off after having one of the most electrifying players of the last 30 years. Johnny made them appear much further ahead than they truly are in the conference.

4-5th in the division will probably be par for the course moving forward.
10-19-2014 01:32 PM
allthatyoucantleavebehind Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Penn State
Until the NCAA starts regulating the rampant paying of players that is going on the SEC right now, TAMU is going to struggle. Or else take up a "when in Rome" philosophy...

Ole Miss and MSU suddenly rising to such dominance is simply hilarious (right after the Cam Newton debacle did the same for Auburn)... http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...-interview

$EC! $EC! $EC!
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2014 01:59 PM by allthatyoucantleavebehind.)
10-19-2014 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.