Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Method to the Sun Belt's Football Scheduling Madness?
Bookmark and Share
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I Root For: Georgia State
Method to the Sun Belt's Football Scheduling Madness?
Does anyone know the method to the Sun Belt's football scheduling since there are only 11 members?

Really, I'm just trying to get an idea of what Georgia State's 2015 conference schedule would be like. Would it be reversed of the 2015 schedule?

So in 2014 the conference schedule went:
September
NMSU

October
@ UL
stAte
@ USA
GS

November
@ App
@ Troy
TXST

Does that mean in 2015 it'll be (approximately):
September
@NMSU

October
UL
@stAte
USA
@GS

November
App
Troy
@TXST

If so, in what years would Georgia State play ULM and Idaho?
10-18-2014 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
RE: Method to the Sun Belt's Football Scheduling Madness?
Dates won't be the same but the opponents will be from this year. They take all of the school's OOC games and schedule around them.
10-18-2014 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

(10-18-2014 01:12 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Dates won't be the same but the opponents will be from this year. They take all of the school's OOC games and schedule around them.

Yeah...I was wondering if there would be variations in game week. I was thinking of the SEC's scheduling where they seem to have opponents locked in to the same week of the season every season.

So when would ULM and Idaho rotate in? And who would they replace? I assume Idaho would rotate in for NMSU.
10-18-2014 03:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-18-2014 03:33 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  
(10-18-2014 01:12 PM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Dates won't be the same but the opponents will be from this year. They take all of the school's OOC games and schedule around them.

Yeah...I was wondering if there would be variations in game week. I was thinking of the SEC's scheduling where they seem to have opponents locked in to the same week of the season every season.

So when would ULM and Idaho rotate in? And who would they replace? I assume Idaho would rotate in for NMSU.

No guarantee of that. The way the schedule works no team will have to travel to BOTH Idaho and NMSU in the same season, but its entirely possible to have to play both,

Assuming we don't add someone this Spring, Idaho and ULM rotate in for 2016.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2014 03:43 PM by chiefsfan.)
10-18-2014 03:42 PM
GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
(10-18-2014 03:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

No guarantee of that. The way the schedule works no team will have to travel to BOTH Idaho and NMSU in the same season, but its entirely possible to have to play both,

I really hope this is temporary. This is not the way to do this. We need two divisions and a championship game. If the likely result of GS and A-State or ULL undefeated, there will be some minds changed.
10-18-2014 03:54 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

(10-18-2014 03:54 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(10-18-2014 03:42 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I really hope this is temporary. This is not the way to do this. We need two divisions and a championship game. If the likely result of GS and A-State or ULL undefeated, there will be some minds changed.

Well, we're not calling Liberty, so if you want 12 teams, you need Missouri State or Eastern Kentucky to get their house in order...fast.
10-18-2014 03:58 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

I really don't want this to turn into an expansion discussion thread. In basketball, because they didn't want to go to divisions and split the Virginia teams, the CAA had a scheduling matrix with permanent partners and non-permanent teams that would rotate in or out every few years. Has the Sun Belt published anything like that for football scheduling?
10-18-2014 04:07 PM
Advertisement

GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
(10-18-2014 04:07 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  I really don't want this to turn into an expansion discussion thread. In basketball, because they didn't want to go to divisions and split the Virginia teams, the CAA had a scheduling matrix with permanent partners and non-permanent teams that would rotate in or out every few years. Has the Sun Belt published anything like that for football scheduling?

I understand, but this is not the way to schedule football. It looks like it will only take a year to see the err of having the schedule rotation format in football we have.
10-18-2014 04:10 PM
GaStPanthers Offline
1st String

(10-18-2014 04:10 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(10-18-2014 04:07 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  I really don't want this to turn into an expansion discussion thread. In basketball, because they didn't want to go to divisions and split the Virginia teams, the CAA had a scheduling matrix with permanent partners and non-permanent teams that would rotate in or out every few years. Has the Sun Belt published anything like that for football scheduling?

I understand, but this is not the way to schedule football. It looks like it will only take a year to see the err of having the schedule rotation format in football we have.

Oh...I don't disagree. We need a 12th member and divisions, but I was just trying to keep the thread from becoming solely an expansion discussion thread.
10-18-2014 04:14 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline

Really? Big 10 did it this way for 20 years.
10-18-2014 05:30 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Yep. I see no reason the Sun Belt HAS to go to 12 unless the 12th adds something to the conference. I am sure if we stay at 11 after next year when the next 2 years are scheduled for conference games I would assume the 2 teams a team did not play this year and next will be on the schedule.

In other words much as been made of us not playing Louisiana and Ark. St. this year and next. If we stay at 11 I would assume that for 2016-17 we will definitely have both on the schedule and not play 2 other schools.
10-18-2014 05:33 PM
CAJUNCOUNTRY Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana
(10-18-2014 05:30 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Really? Big 10 did it this way for 20 years.
I say drop Idaho and play a nine conference game schedule if we're not adding anyone. Then the conference champ would have to play everyone. I feel like LSWhoo they get Florida every year I cant see a year where we would never have ULM or A-State on our schedule with this format.
10-18-2014 06:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.