Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D-68 linked to illegal immigrants
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
D-68 linked to illegal immigrants
http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/cdc-speaks-on-enterovirus-link-to-illegal-alien-kids/

The link between EV D-68 and Latin American children was established in a peer-reviewed medical article published in Virology Journal on Oct. 11, 2013, titled “Human rhinoviruses and enteroviruses in influenza-like illness in Latin America.” It was co-authored by a team of virologists headed by Josefina Garcia, U.S. Naval Medical Unit 6 in Lima, Peru, who worked with the Fogarty International Center at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/cdc-speaks-on...WQVa51v.99
10-16-2014 12:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: D-68 linked to illegal immigrants
Um, no its not.
10-16-2014 12:38 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
The only thing that study proves is that d-68 is found in Latin American countries where many of the illegal immigrant children have come from. There is no direct link in the CDC's statement between the illegal immigrants in the US and D-68.
10-16-2014 12:52 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-16-2014 12:52 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  The only thing that study proves is that d-68 is found in Latin American countries where many of the illegal immigrant children have come from. There is no direct link in the CDC's statement between the illegal immigrants in the US and D-68.

Wonder if those folks in Latin America get the flu also?
10-16-2014 01:03 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(10-16-2014 01:03 PM)VA49er Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 12:52 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  The only thing that study proves is that d-68 is found in Latin American countries where many of the illegal immigrant children have come from. There is no direct link in the CDC's statement between the illegal immigrants in the US and D-68.

I don't see the relevance. D-68 is extremely rare in the US, and is considered rare in Central America too. The flu is fairly common.

Personally I do think this year's D-68 outbreak is related at least in part to the influx of illegal immigrant children, but this article doesn't prove it. It does draw a connection that i don't understand people discounting.
10-16-2014 01:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Who cares. Ebola should have taught us that diseases can easily infect us through legal means.
10-16-2014 01:15 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2014 01:15 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Who cares. Ebola should have taught us that diseases can easily infect us through legal means.

But does it make a person racists if they ponder the link between this wave of illegal immigrants and D-68? Can a man even ask such a question in this day and age without the progressive thought police calling him out as a racist?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2014 01:19 PM by No Bull.)
10-16-2014 01:18 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
Would the CDC tell you if it was?
10-16-2014 01:19 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(10-16-2014 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 01:15 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  Who cares. Ebola should have taught us that diseases can easily infect us through legal means.

But does it make a person racists if they ponder the link between this wave of illegal immigrants and D-68? Can a man even ask such a question in this day and age without the progressive thought police calling him out as a racist?

I think determining whether or not the disease came from "illegals" is not racist.

However, if a person uses that as a means to attempt to stop only Latin American immigrants from coming into this country, then YES, I think THAT could have a racial implication.
10-16-2014 01:30 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables

Hell no, not at all. But according to at least two people on here, I'm a racist because I think the flood of illegals kick started the spread of enterovirus.
10-16-2014 01:42 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
(10-16-2014 01:30 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

I think determining whether or not the disease came from "illegals" is not racist.

However, if a person uses that as a means to attempt to stop only Latin American immigrants from coming into this country, then YES, I think THAT could have a racial implication.

It's just one of the many reasons.
10-16-2014 01:43 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(10-16-2014 01:08 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 01:03 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

I don't see the relevance. D-68 is extremely rare in the US, and is considered rare in Central America too. The flu is fairly common.

Personally I do think this year's D-68 outbreak is related at least in part to the influx of illegal immigrant children, but this article doesn't prove it. It does draw a connection that i don't understand people discounting.

Your first comment is spot on... as is your last... but to the middle comment. According to the NIH report, a 'high number' of those who appear to have the flu actually have an enterovirus. When someone involved in highly contagious healthcare talks about a 'high number', it is meaningful... even if technically 'rare'
10-16-2014 02:07 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

03-lmfao

Okay, I'm done laughing my asss off now, so lemme see if I got this straight-

Determining whether or not the disease came from illegals immigrants is not racist. We good so far?

If it is determined that the answer to that is indeed yes, that is not racist. Check that too?

BUT if it is determined that those sick illegals are indeed Latin American, AND we decide to limit or check illegal latin american immigrants from entering sick and illegal, THAT would be racist.

Is that what I'm to get here? 03-lmfao

So to recap- Hypothetically, of course, (I can pause here if you need to go look that up) the situation around D-68 is studied. It is determined through this study to what extent the current outbreak has been caused, and in large part it is by the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants that poured over the border in the past several months. It is also determined that the large majority of them came from Latin American Countries. It is then further determined that we should busy ourselves keeping Luca and Chloe from Switzerland out, otherwise this is a racist study and racist policy. Is that about right? 03-lmfao

Someones kidding here, right? This is what passes as "logic" these days? God Help us.
10-16-2014 02:08 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(10-16-2014 02:08 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Determining whether or not the disease came from illegals immigrants is not racist. We good so far?

If it is determined that the answer to that is indeed yes, that is not racist. Check that too?

BUT if it is determined that those sick illegals are indeed Latin American, AND we decide to limit or check illegal latin american immigrants from entering sick and illegal, THAT would be racist.

So to recap- Hypothetically, of course, (I can pause here if you need to go look that up) the situation around D-68 is studied. It is determined through this study to what extent the current outbreak has been caused, and in large part it is by the tens of thousands of illegal immigrants that poured over the border in the past several months. It is also determined that the large majority of them came from Latin American Countries. It is then further determined that we should busy ourselves keeping Luca and Chloe from Switzerland out, otherwise this is a racist study and racist policy. Is that about right? 03-lmfao

Someones kidding here, right? This is what passes as "logic" these days? God Help us.

It's racist if the restrictions are only put on one race of people.

Diseases can come from any race of people and from any country. Why restrict one race of people over another simply because the original person who brought the disease was from a particular race?
10-16-2014 02:29 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I wonder if the D-68 virus came from thses kids who imigrated from central america... I think it is incumebent up Congress and the President to come up with a way for legal immigrants from all nations to enter this country.
10-16-2014 02:34 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(10-16-2014 02:34 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

I wonder if the D-68 virus came from thses kids who imigrated from central america... I think it is incumebent up Congress and the President to come up with a way for legal immigrants from all nations to enter this country.

Exactly
10-16-2014 02:36 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(10-16-2014 02:29 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Diseases can come from any race of people and from any country. Why restrict one race of people over another simply because the original person who brought the disease was from a particular race?

Wut? I just conducted the study above, the one you agreed wasn't racist and the findings were that the d-68 was brought in with the large influx of illegal immigrants pouring over from Latin America. But we shouldn't restrict them? Errrr, okay. Instead, we should worry about restricting the Japanese tourists?

You must actually work for the TSA. This is the same thing that passes as logic that has those morons patting down my 81 YO mother while ignoring the 18-28 YO male with the full beard boarding from Yemen...

Willie! Why do you rob banks?!? Cause that's where the money is... Think Fit. Think.
10-16-2014 02:37 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

03-lmfao

What if that particular race that has had restrictions imposed on them is the primary carrier of a deadly disease that can easily spread? It's not racist. It's common sense. I have no problem with healthy people of any race. I do have a problem letting unhealthy people of any race freely into the country if there is a reasonable chance of starting an epidemic.
10-16-2014 02:38 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(10-16-2014 02:37 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  But does it make a person racists if they ponder the link between this wave of illegal immigrants and D-68? Can a man even ask such a question in this day and age without the progressive thought police calling him out as a racist?

03-lmfao

Wut? I just conducted the study above, the one you agreed wasn't racist and the findings were that the d-68 was brought in with the large influx of illegal immigrants pouring over from Latin America. But we shouldn't restrict them? Errrr, okay. Instead, we should worry about restricting the Japanese tourists?

You must actually work for the TSA. This is the same thing that passes as logic that has those morons patting down my 81 YO mother while ignoring the 18-28 YO male with the full beard boarding from Yemen...

Willie! Why do you rob banks?!? Cause that's where the money is... Think Fit. Think.

I never said you couldn't restrict them. I said you can't restrict only them.
10-16-2014 02:39 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(10-16-2014 02:36 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 02:34 PM)No Bull Wrote:  

Exactly

Already exists, so what the problem Fit?
10-16-2014 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.