Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ebola Is Airborne, University Of Minnesota CIDRAP Researchers Claim
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
This is hard to believe we have not heard of this.

Ebola is airborne, according to a new report by the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota. Researchers at the university just advised the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that “scientific and epidemiologic evidence” now exists that proves Ebola has the potential to be transmitted via exhaled breath and “infectious aerosol particles.”

University of Minnesota CIDRAP scientists are now warning both health care providers and the general public that surgical facemasks will not prevent the transmission of Ebola. According to the airborne Ebola report, medical workers must immediately be given full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirators. CIDRAP has reportedly been a worldwide leader in addressing public health and safety concerns and preparedness since 2001.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1541821/ebola-i...vy1J060.99
10-16-2014 06:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TStatebobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt
RE: Ebola Is Airborne, University Of Minnesota CIDRAP Researchers Claim
(10-16-2014 06:46 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  This is hard to believe we have not heard of this.

Ebola is airborne, according to a new report by the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) at the University of Minnesota. Researchers at the university just advised the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that “scientific and epidemiologic evidence” now exists that proves Ebola has the potential to be transmitted via exhaled breath and “infectious aerosol particles.”

University of Minnesota CIDRAP scientists are now warning both health care providers and the general public that surgical facemasks will not prevent the transmission of Ebola. According to the airborne Ebola report, medical workers must immediately be given full-hooded protective gear and powered air-purifying respirators. CIDRAP has reportedly been a worldwide leader in addressing public health and safety concerns and preparedness since 2001.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Gloves, face masks should be enough to protect one's self vs a disease that spreads through bodily fluids.
10-16-2014 06:53 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Might start looking into if this could have come from a Biological weapons supply released in Africa by a Terrorist Cell. Absolutely Not out of Reason. Could have come from an Iraqi WMD storage sight and sent to one of the Al Qaida cells in Liberia. Don't sluff it off, anything is possible today. Could be a trial run for future use.
10-16-2014 06:56 AM
GoApps70 Offline

(10-16-2014 06:56 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Might start looking into if this could have come from a Biological weapons supply released in Africa by a Terrorist Cell. Absolutely Not out of Reason. Could have come from an Iraqi WMD storage sight and sent to one of the Al Qaida cells in Liberia. Don't sluff it off, anything is possible today. Could be a trial run for future use.

Would sound crazy to some, but all possibilities need to be taken into account.
Stranger things have happened in the past and will sometime in the future.
10-16-2014 07:00 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I just keep going back to what the CDC said originally about it could go airborne, but
that the odds against it would be phenomenal.
10-16-2014 07:03 AM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
(10-16-2014 07:00 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 06:56 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Might start looking into if this could have come from a Biological weapons supply released in Africa by a Terrorist Cell. Absolutely Not out of Reason. Could have come from an Iraqi WMD storage sight and sent to one of the Al Qaida cells in Liberia. Don't sluff it off, anything is possible today. Could be a trial run for future use.

If Saddam had it, Saddam would have used it.

With that said, the possibility that this recent outbreak
could be purposefully facilitated has to be in consideration.
10-16-2014 07:10 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(10-16-2014 07:10 AM)AngryAphid Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 07:00 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  

If Saddam had it, Saddam would have used it.

With that said, the possibility that this recent outbreak
could be purposefully facilitated has to be in consideration.

Libya gave up nuclear devices. Saddam had it good being top dog. Could see them
doing research to perfect an airborne strain to use, but that would have been like
unleashing the end of the world maybe. Just sounds too crazy. Would think if they
did they would use it to blackmail the rest of the world, kind of the way Iran might want to do. Investigate everything, believe nothing until it is proven, but don't just dismiss because of huge chances that things are not true. Too much at risk to simple disregard possibilities.
10-16-2014 07:19 AM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Could also have been in storage in Syria and captured by ISIS and taken to Africa to release it. It seems Funny that it started in a country with Strong USA connections. Coincidence maybe.
10-16-2014 07:31 AM
AngryAphid Offline
Arthropod of Truth

I Root For: Braves
(10-16-2014 07:31 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Could also have been in storage in Syria and captured by ISIS and taken to Africa to release it. It seems Funny that it started in a country with Strong USA connections. Coincidence maybe.

Not that evil people do logical things, but why Africa?

When infecting just one American hairdresser would have been
just as easy and darn-near guaranteed devastation on the U.S.
10-16-2014 07:50 AM
TStatebobcat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TxSt
(10-16-2014 07:50 AM)AngryAphid Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 07:31 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Could also have been in storage in Syria and captured by ISIS and taken to Africa to release it. It seems Funny that it started in a country with Strong USA connections. Coincidence maybe.

Not that evil people do logical things, but why Africa?

When infecting just one American hairdresser would have been
just as easy and darn-near guaranteed devastation on the U.S.

Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with terrorists attacks. However I do think it had a potential to become a huge problem in the next few months.
10-16-2014 08:44 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Leave it to us Americans to take a disease and improve on it.
10-16-2014 08:50 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-16-2014 06:53 AM)TStatebobcat Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 06:46 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  This is hard to believe we have not heard of this.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Gloves, face masks should be enough to protect one's self vs a disease that spreads through bodily fluids.

Most logical explanation is that those workers came into contact with the virus while taking all that stuff off after treating the patient. Multiple layers aren't the answer when folks don't know how to properly take those layers off.
10-16-2014 09:06 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Lets be clear. All they've proven is that Ebola can potentially enter through Lung Tissue if it is inhaled.

However, despite all of that, the R0 rate (Rate of infections) is still 1.8 (Essentially every patient has the ability to infect two others) (Flu has a RO of 16) We're still talking about literally needing to be right next to someone, who is extremely contagious (to the point of being near death) and having them cough on someone else. The Virus cannot survive for long outside of the host body.

If the virus was airborne and running around causing havoc, the original US patient would have infected more than two others
10-16-2014 09:16 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(10-16-2014 09:16 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Lets be clear. All they've proven is that Ebola can potentially enter through Lung Tissue if it is inhaled.

However, despite all of that, the R0 rate (Rate of infections) is still 1.8 (Essentially every patient has the ability to infect two others) (Flu has a RO of 16) We're still talking about literally needing to be right next to someone, who is extremely contagious (to the point of being near death) and having them cough on someone else. The Virus cannot survive for long outside of the host body.

If the virus was airborne and running around causing havoc, the original US patient would have infected more than two others

Yeah, I don't think it's airborne or we'd see a lot more of the folks that first guy came into contact with sick already. This is just more of the mass hysteria out there.
10-16-2014 09:21 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-16-2014 09:21 AM)VA49er Wrote:  
(10-16-2014 09:16 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Lets be clear. All they've proven is that Ebola can potentially enter through Lung Tissue if it is inhaled.

Yeah, I don't think it's airborne or we'd see a lot more of the folks that first guy came into contact with sick already. This is just more of the mass hysteria out there.

Exactly. I read the article that first listed the potential of becoming airborne, and the reporter ignored a lot of info. They ignored the fact that most transmissions are occurring late in the illness, and that the Virus is known that it cannot survive without a host for very long.

This isn't a situation where an Ebola victim can cough, touch a door knob and then infect some poor girl who touches the same door knob several minutes later. (Flu) The person would have to be deathly ill, and be within two feet of another person and they happen to cough on them. (You know, sort of like a nurse who is leaning over a patient's bed to speak to the patient)

I read an article on NBC today about Cleveland closing several schools due to Ebola fears. You see...A teacher happened to be visiting Dallas this weekend, and flew back on a frontier airlines flight, that wasn't the same as the Ebola Nurse traveled on, but it might you know potentially possible be the same plane, so they shut the schools down.

That's fear mongering, and ridiculous.
10-16-2014 09:27 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(10-16-2014 09:27 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Exactly. I read the article that first listed the potential of becoming airborne, and the reporter ignored a lot of info. They ignored the fact that most transmissions are occurring late in the illness, and that the Virus is known that it cannot survive without a host for very long.

This isn't a situation where an Ebola victim can cough, touch a door knob and then infect some poor girl who touches the same door knob several minutes later. (Flu) The person would have to be deathly ill, and be within two feet of another person and they happen to cough on them. (You know, sort of like a nurse who is leaning over a patient's bed to speak to the patient)

I read an article on NBC today about Cleveland closing several schools due to Ebola fears. You see...A teacher happened to be visiting Dallas this weekend, and flew back on a frontier airlines flight, that wasn't the same as the Ebola Nurse traveled on, but it might you know potentially possible be the same plane, so they shut the schools down.

It's why I don't watch the news nearly as much like I used to do. It's all about getting eyeballs with outrageous headlines than actually reporting factual based content. The news agencies are loving this ebola hysteria. It's even better than a plane crash.
10-16-2014 09:48 AM
Advertisement

DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies

You guys keep saying this but i will keep asking to tell me why they keep sterilizing airplanes, ambulances, removing furniture and clothing and incinerating it if the virus can't survive or be transmitted like that?

If we should not be worried about become infected why all the precautions? Either we know this is bad and are taking theses precautions but not being upfront wth the public or we really don't know for sure and are taking precautions just in case.

Actions are speaking louder than words as I watch this from my front porch.
10-16-2014 10:28 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

(10-16-2014 10:28 AM)DFWMINER Wrote:  

You guys keep saying this but i will keep asking to tell me why they keep sterilizing airplanes, ambulances, removing furniture and clothing and incinerating it if the virus can't survive or be transmitted like that?

If we should not be worried about become infected why all the precautions? Either we know this is bad and are taking theses precautions but not being upfront wth the public or we really don't know for sure and are taking precautions just in case.

Actions are speaking louder than words as I watch this from my front porch.

My guess is an overabundance of precaution and to keep people's fear at bay. I mean, even if ebola isn't airborne, would you get on a plane that had a known ebola victim on it? I was actually surprised they put that plane back in service. If it was truely airbone, all those 70 people Duncan came into contact with, especially his family, would all be sick by now. They aren't.
10-16-2014 10:35 AM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
Again actions are speaking louder than words. If it's proven that the virus is not a danger to be transmitted from that plane, it should be stated as such and the plane stay in service.
10-16-2014 10:40 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-16-2014 07:03 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  I just keep going back to what the CDC said originally about it could go airborne, but
that the odds against it would be phenomenal.

What in the world has this government done the past 6 years that would lead you to even remotely believe ANYTHING a government agency says?
10-16-2014 10:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.